Taping natural ears

dinsdag11februari110.jpg

dinsdag11februari111.jpg

dinsdag11februari112.jpg

dinsdag11februari114.jpg

dinsdag11februari116.jpg

dinsdag11februari123.jpg

this is it, if you have questions let me know, thanks to the owners of Russkaja Mechta kennel who did the taping so I could make the pictures!

What kind of tape did you use? The Elastikon kind I tried stuck so bad it was hard for her when I had to take it off with alcohol... I've tried this method twice, once for three days and the second for 6. Have you heard of anyone having to do it for a month? Or is it just her and something we're not able to remedy?

for some it takes longer, for hutch I still tape them when I see them coming up, he is 6 months now, sometimes for some dogs it takes longer

What kind of tape did you use? The Elastikon kind I tried stuck so bad it was hard for her when I had to take it off with alcohol... I've tried this method twice, once for three days and the second for 6. Have you heard of anyone having to do it for a month? Or is it just her and something we're not able to remedy?
I don't have direct experience with natural ears but my understanding is that in order to avoid infection you want to tape just like you do posts. By that I mean tape them down 4 - 5 days, remove the tape and clean the ears, let them dry and then retape once they are dry (an hour or two later minimum).

Is there a way to get this thread posted for reference to page. Luna's ear started doing the flying crinkle bit these past two days...she is only 3 1/2 months, so close to teething but not quite there yet. I beefed up some supplements but I really want the long floppy girlie ears for my girl. She has so many expressions captured with them and it makes her so easy to read ;)

when you see the ears is coming up just tape them some dogs it takes longer, today I did tape Hutch again, I think probably for the last time, his left ear is coming up. Hutch is almost 7 months he is the dog who I tape the longest comparing to the other dogs I had/have.

I don't have direct experience with natural ears but my understanding is that in order to avoid infection you want to tape just like you do posts. By that I mean tape them down 4 - 5 days, remove the tape and clean the ears, let them dry and then retape once they are dry (an hour or two later minimum). Jess

they won't be wet, its just we let them for a few days just to see if they stay ok, if so you do not have to tape them again, I always tape them that I can put 2 fingers between it so that its not to tight, and the never be wet.

when you see the ears is coming up just tape them some dogs it takes longer, today I did tape Hutch again, I think probably for the last time, his left ear is coming up. Hutch is almost 7 months he is the dog who I tape the longest comparing to the other dogs I had/have.

they won't be wet, its just we let them for a few days just to see if they stay ok, if so you do not have to tape them again, I always tape them that I can put 2 fingers between it so that its not to tight, and the never be wet.

She had it off in under an hour, retaped and then off by after we crawled into bed. Apparently medical tape is not savvy enough? So what tape are you using before bat dog becomes permanent.

You misunderstood. I didn't think the whole ear would be wet, just the ear canal from whatever you use to clean them.

Use ALCOHOL TO CLEAN dog skin BEFORE applying tape NOT TO REMOVE it!
Use OIL TO REMOVE tape. I was using sunflower oil.It really doesn't matter what tape to use if you clean the ear surface with alcohol properly.
Dogs skin is oily naturally. Tape doesn't stick to oily surfaces...

Keep tape on dog natural ears not longer than 5 days to avoid ears infection.
I taped Asha's ears twice when she was 4 and 5 months.

My dobie was supposed to get his ears cropped...so I posted them for 4 weeks. Now he has a developed bell, but isn't going to make his ear cropping appointment due to illness. Will this process help to put the bell back to where it was before we started posting?

Sorry not much help here.... I don't know what bell is. Won't it resolve on its own if you don't tape anymore?
Natural ears taping helps with a strong cartilage to shape it right.

Can't this also be done by petting the ears and breaking them? I guess I am a bit confused on why this method needs to be used. Thanks!

My pup is now 7 months. Is it too late to try this? Her ears were fine until we got her spayed and now they seem to be doing the "flying nun" thing. My boyfriend thinks the e-collar had something to do with it.

Can't this also be done by petting the ears and breaking them? I guess I am a bit confused on why this method needs to be used. Thanks!
I doubt it... Petting couldn't form the cartilage of the ears the way it should look. I'm not a fan of "airplane ears".

I suppose the look of the natural ear on a Doberman is up for discussion since the breed was always cropped, but I prefer a natural ear laying close to the face with a nice shape.

Back