Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Taping natural ears

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by zaxayo, Sep 13, 2009.

1. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

Asha's ears are looking great!!! Your pictures are always so beautiful....but that last one I love....she certainly looks like a very happy armful LOL!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Katja Henriksen

Katja Henriksen Forum Sponsor Site Sponsor

LOL Love it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Teufelhund in AZ

Teufelhund in AZ Active Member

That last picture is gorgeous and hysterical all at once! I LOVE your pictures! :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

HAHAHAHA thats some happy flying ears right there LOL

• Like Like x 1
  5. DreamValley

DreamValley Well-Known Member

Updates... Asha ears are flying again :( Any suggestions?

I got an advice to start taping again when she is done with teething...but it may be too late.
    Asha has not started teeting yet...

6. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Just like with taping cropped ears, I'd say you just have to keep at it. Be persistent, tape 3 days, give it a break for a day and tape again. I'm pretty leery about that advice to wait until she's done teething too.

• Like Like x 3
  7. DreamValley

I will keep taping.:shakinghead:

Mom is not happy... my ears are flying again.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  8. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

I agree with Ingrid cropped or not, its the same thing. Keep taping them til she is finish teething, don't wait. Tape them for 3-5 days, clean them, make sure everything is ok, let them air out for a bit, then tape them again and be persistent, don't give up, just keep taping them down. if you wait, the cartilage will be hardent out and the ear will be set and ther wont be nothing to change the ear set then. So of you go and get more cableties and keep taping down those flying ears :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. zaxayo

zaxayo Active Member

Keep taping, till they are ok!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ingrid H

Yup, cartilage is the same even if the pup is not cropped, and the same advice is good. After teething, you are pretty much in for a big fight.

• Like Like x 3
  11. DreamValley

After the second taping ears look better...
    If they start flying again I know what to do ;)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  12. Ingrid H

Awwww... Her ears are looking better for sure :) And it looks like she's in the lanky stage ;) We need more pics! What's the deal? We got lots of Gino pics!

• Like Like x 1
  13. DreamValley

Good catch Ingrid! :) She will be a tall girl. Gino was a beautiful and very balanced puppy... she is all legs and she eats more than Gino does!

14. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

There's the pretty girl. Her ears look much better.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Katja Henriksen

Katja Henriksen Forum Sponsor Site Sponsor

Gorgeous girl. :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. LoisFiander

LoisFiander Member

Is this recommended? How can I tell if my boys ears need taping down? I did not know this had to be done

:)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ingrid H

Judging from the picture in your avatar, your boy's ears look fine without taping. It looks like they are laying beautifully on their own. My guy's ears didn't require taping either.

18. micsten

micsten Member

My boy Devo's ears look like they are beginning to fly, he's just gone 12 weeks. I'm going to head off to the shops tomorrow morning and get some cable ties and some tape. One question though, does anyone know what's specific tape I should be using?

I would hate to cause any discomfort to him due to using the wrong type.

I live in the UK btw, it would be great if someone who had done this before with tape available from the UK could let me know!

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  19. DreamValley

We were using Johnson&Johnson waterproof tape. Use oil to remove the tape. It should absorb oil and then it will lose its stickiness.

Here is my girl now... definitely taping helped a lot. Good luck!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  20. micsten

micsten Member

Aww bless, she looks great. Ears are certainly laying flat now.

Thanks for lettung me know the brand, i'll get the supplies tomorrow and see hiw we get on.

How many times did you have to re-apply in the end? I'm hoping as I've caught it early it won't take long to 'train' it to lay flat.