I find it so interesting that people are so passionate in this matter. Think about it a moment. If everyone had the same opinions in the late 1800s our beloved Doberman might not exist today. The Doberman is a product of breeding a number of dogs, possibly Old Short Haired Shepherd, Rottweiler, Black and Tan Terrier and German Pinscher. Even the combination is questionable and many other breeds might have been involved. While mixing breeds might have had some unquestionable negative results the same can be said of pure blood breeding. You just have to examine today's English Bulldog to understand what I am saying. They can't even have natural birth anymore!
Is Designer Breeding that big of a deal. Fence jumpers have done it naturally for years.
I find it so interesting that people are so passionate in this matter. Think about it a moment. If everyone had the same opinions in the late 1800s our beloved Doberman might not exist today. The Doberman is a product of breeding a number of dogs, possibly Old Short Haired Shepherd, Rottweiler, Black and Tan Terrier and German Pinscher. Even the combination is questionable and many other breeds might have been involved. While mixing breeds might have had some unquestionable negative results the same can be said of pure blood breeding. You just have to examine today's English Bulldog to understand what I am saying. They can't even have natural birth anymore!
Is Designer Breeding that big of a deal. Fence jumpers have done it naturally for years.
The difference is breed for a purpose vs. breed for profit. Breed for a purpose takes in to consideration health and longevity. Breed for profit is just that, money in the pocket with no thought of the health or what they are creating. What is he purpose of these new dogs being created?
I agree. They're breeding these designers for the buck and the cuteness factor (in their opinion) and have no other purpose. Many argue that they started the Labradoodle thing for a hypoallergenic dog, but there is no such thing.Breeding a working dog in order to fill a need and vision of an experienced owner/breeder is not the same as breeding a trophy designer dog to sit on the couch and make the owner feel special because they spent too much money on a crossbreed canine.
The Doberman was bred for a specific reason. Cross breeding in this aspect was scientific and was done to obtain a desired result. These "designer breeds" are only cross bred to make people money. It is not the same thing. Cross breeding done without a purpose goes against what breeders have been trying to achieve for decades. It is a complete insult to those who work hard to do it correctly.I find it so interesting that people are so passionate in this matter. Think about it a moment. If everyone had the same opinions in the late 1800s our beloved Doberman might not exist today. The Doberman is a product of breeding a number of dogs, possibly Old Short Haired Shepherd, Rottweiler, Black and Tan Terrier and German Pinscher. Even the combination is questionable and many other breeds might have been involved. While mixing breeds might have had some unquestionable negative results the same can be said of pure blood breeding. You just have to examine today's English Bulldog to understand what I am saying. They can't even have natural birth anymore!
Is Designer Breeding that big of a deal. Fence jumpers have done it naturally for years.

I've thought about mixing a Doberman, a Collie and a Labrador Retriever so I could call it a Dobercolabra.
No, the first time I hear of an intentional Doberman mix I'm gonna lose it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1430942097][/DOUBLEPOST]No, wait. We need a Collie, a Labrador and a Dalmation.
Colabramation.
[DOUBLEPOST=1430942260][/DOUBLEPOST]Hello? Abracadabra Dobercolabras. Enter my yard, they'll reach out and grab ya. Puppies available by Christmas!

Wow look at the price there asking.. Just ridiculous..I just came across this one on FB... Ugh...
View attachment 42303
I just came across this one on FB... Ugh...
View attachment 42303
Wow look at the price there asking.. Just ridiculous..


You got that right!"There is a sucker born every minute".
To me, that's just someone who is trying to make themselves look better. You can probably say stupidity is peppered a little in there too
And, " No testing have been done. No need on these healthy bitches." OMG, really??
You got that right!![]()