Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Adorable designer mixes? Not for me...

Discussion in 'Canine News/Informative Articles' started by JanS, Jan 30, 2015.

1. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

These 19 Adorably Awkward Mixed Breed Dogs Will Make You Love Mutts Even More
    The Huffington Post | By Amanda Scherker
    • Posted: 01/29/2014 5:10 pm EST Updated: 04/24/2014 11:59 am EDT

For the cultivated dog aficionado, purebreds have long been the peak of canine sophistication. But recently, tides have changed, and even the pedigree-toutingWestminster Kennel Club's 138th annual dog show opened an event to mixed-breed dogs. Is it the year of the mutt? We think so. In fact, we'd argue that the cutest, strangest mutts are far more endearing than any royal-blooded purebred. Here's a celebration of the 19 most awkwardly adorable mutts: (Warning: this amount of cuteness might make your heart melt all over your keyboard...)

1. Meet the Pitsky.

[​IMG]

This is the beautiful thing that happens when a pitbull and husky fall in love.

2. Meet the Schnoodle

[​IMG]

A poodle and a schnauzer walk into a bar...

3. Meet the Puggle.

[​IMG]

A pug and a beagle join forces to make the cutest dog we've ever seen.

4. Meet the Horgi.

[​IMG]

A husky and a corgi make your heart melt with what we like to call the "Horgi." Others calls it a "Siborgi."

5. Meet the Pugapoo.

[​IMG]

Brought to you by one handsome pug and one lovely poodle.

6. Meet the Chusky.

[​IMG]

This dog is the impossibly perfect mix of the chow chow and the Siberian husky.

7. Meet the Chiweenie.

[​IMG]

When you've got the DNA of a chihuahua and a dachshund, you have no choice but to be this damn cute.

8. Meet the Corgipoo.

[​IMG]

Half corgi + half toy poodle = one lethally cute little pup.

9. Meet the Siberpoo.

[​IMG]

According to the owner, who uploaded this picture of his adorable pup on Reddit andImgur, this is a mix of a Siberian husky and a poodle. Makes you wonder why anybody pays for pure-bred dogs.

10. Meet the Corgi-Dalmatian

[​IMG]

Words fail us.

11. Meet the Fourche Terrier.

[​IMG]

A West Highland white terrier bred with a Yorkshire terrier produced this litter of cuddly little Fourche terriers.

12. Meet the Taco Terrier.

[​IMG]

Mix the DNA of Chihuahua and a toy fox terrier and you can't go wrong.

13. Meet the... umm. Corman Shepherd?

[​IMG]

A Corgi and a German shepherd put their differences aside. Or something.

14. Meet the Golden Dox.

[​IMG]

Dachshund meets golden retriever. Adorability ensues.

15. Meet the Alusky.

[​IMG]

The blood of a Siberian husky and an Alaskan malamute made this beauty.

16. Meet the Jack-A-Ranian.

[​IMG]

That fuzzy feeling in your heart is a common symptom of witnessing the preciousness that is the Pomeranian and Jack Russell terrier hybrid dog.

17. Meet the Cheagle.

[​IMG]

Mix a Chihuahua and a beagle and this cutie-pie is what comes out.

18. Meet the Yorkie Poo.

[​IMG]

This sweet little cross between a Yorkshire terrier and a poodle also goes by Yo-yopoo or Yorkiedoodle. No matter what you call it, its too sweet to handle.

19. Meet... We don't even know what to call this dog.

[​IMG]

According to its owner, who posted this picture on Imgur, this dog is a canine melting pot: part Chihuahua, part Jack Russell, part Papillon. We don't really care we just want to hug it.

These mutts' adorableness comes from their awkwardness, and we wouldn't trade it for all the expensive Tibetan mastiffs in the world.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/29/mixed-breed-dogs_n_4688026.html

This article really annoys me, and they're promoting mixing the designer dogs and knocking purebreds. :thumbdown:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Seriously? More like we want to choke the breeders.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

That is why there are spay/neuter contracts.

Why create a bunch of dogs not knowing what kind of health issues will follow. Just plan irresponsible in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. shadash

shadash Notable member

In general I'm against mix breed dogs simply because you don't know what to expect as an owner.

That being said the Golden Dox looks pretty neat. I wonder if it's a puppy or full grown.

5. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Sorry, none appeal to me and it actually is kind of sad.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

7. kashi

kashi Hot Topics Subscriber

I used to think getting a mixed breed was a sign of some one who just wanted a dog and got one. Not a status symbol. I have had a few mixed breeds, nothing wrong with any of them, didn't go out of my way to look for specific mixed breeds just landed up with them from shelters and what not. I loved my my GSD x ridgeback. I also love my moms chug however doesn't mean I condone the breeding of them both of those were accidents. I have three purebreds at the moment and they are cool too (especially the dobermann ;) ). I am not condoning but nor am I bashing it as many mutts need homes too.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. JanS

Well from seeing this too it tells me that Huffington Post is approving of all of these things and that's not good at all.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

I hate that they used the "cutsie" names. I feel that only encourages this behavior. But at least they did call them mutts repeatedly.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

HOLY MOLY how sick is that and it clearly shows AKC is deeply leaning towards the AR agenda. It opened it events to "all american" mutts now and they made quite a big display in one of their TV events. AKC forgets the value of its breeders who breed true to something that can be reproduced with consistency - the purebred dog. Even had the named the Heinz 57 or Mixed Mutts it would not have been as big a slap in the face as ALL AMERICAN which says to me Americans are trash. GAG GAG GAG is all I can say. But rescues and shelters are gearing up to breed their own dogs so they can cash in on the pet market. It seems people don't want anything of quality. We have become very self serving and brain dead.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Rex's mom

Rex's mom Hot Topics Subscriber

I completely disagree with what the artical is doing. Now I think all dogs deserve a good home (I have loved some wonderful mixed breeds) but to put all these cute names to mutts, rather than just saying what the mix is, is condoning breeding these mixes on purpose. Most people who are doing the breeding are not going to be responsible for the puppies they help bring into this world past the point selling them to whomever has the money.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. twinlions

twinlions Jr Member

Mix breed is fine if it happens by mistake but when there is articles saying adorable designer mixes? Thats like showing the way for people to mix breed. But there is the big what if the puppy comes out not so cute? What then? Are they going to still be responsible for them? I don't think so. But I think they will end up in shelters and/or some nice people will just adopt them out of sincerity to animals. People should not mix breed if they don't know what there doing. Most of the people put dollar values on the pups and don't care who they sell it to. Just my opinion. People are free to do what they want as long as the end intention is life and not money. And if money comes then lets just say thats the reward you get to help give life.

Spartak&Mari&Christina and Kleio

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. JanS

I have a cute little mixed breed come and visit me in my office every morning. She's half Standard Poodle and half Beagle and was an accident. My coworker owns her and met both parents when he adopted her, but he just found out she has a large cancerous tumor in her stomach so he's trying to make her life the best it can be while she's still comfortable.

Anyway, I would have never guessed the breed mix until he told me.
    Cookie 2.jpg

Cookie by trees sized.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Wow Jan. I definitely would have never guessed poodle with a terrier coat like that. I see the beagle ears! So sad about the tumor though. :(

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. Mistwallows

Mistwallows Jr Member

I guess I am a mean horrible person but when I hear people put names on mutts like "Labradoodle" and so on I have to really stop myself from saying. "O so its a mutt" I know that would offend people. But on the flip side it offends me that people have put so much work and dedication into developing these breeds. And now its like lets make a mix on purpose and put a name on it so we can sell it! Its about the profit and being cutesy and that makes me mad....

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Clydes

Clydes Member

We were at a park in Sioux Falls, SD this weekend and saw a young Pitt Bull/ Great Dane mix. Dog was nice and not Great Dane sized. I found it offensive because I can only guess what the person that bred them was going for.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Dobie Wan Knobie

Dobie Wan Knobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

20. Meet.... The Jackalope!
    image.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Mistwallows

Mistwallows Jr Member

Lol that had to be one crazy night for the jackalope's mom and dad lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

OMG, drives me nuts when I hear, "Oh she's chi-weinie". HUH? No, she's a freakin' mixed breed period.

I know I'll probably get lynched for this, BUT.... I must admit that the breeding of a Pug and a Beagle does bring the snout out and possibly
    reduce the corkscrew tail. Not saying I condone the breeding of such, but by looking at the dog, it looks like it would have an easier time breathing. :/ However, the Pug standard calls for that extremely smashed face.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. black

black Notable member

yeah after reading i did some research on the internet . you know the pugle is going for 1300 .. wow .. I dont think people think things through. like what are the health issues of breeding a German Shepard with a corgi. I strayed away from mixed breeds cause of there unknown temperament and health issues. I have family members that say there fine some probably are. But from my experience first dog ever i got from a shelter was 12 weeks old and would sit there and growl at my daughter then nipped so it went back to the shelter . I made sure to tell them it might not be a good choice for family with kids. But sad cause you have no clue what abuse it was put through or if it has to do with the breeding causing temperament issue. At least with a good breeder you know what to expect. Iv never had one issue with my doberman i trust them 100% being around her.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1