Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Adorable designer mixes? Not for me...

Discussion in 'Canine News/Informative Articles' started by JanS, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

That facebook posting seems like it might be a farce – an intentionally perpetrated fraud for the sake of fun? It is just too on-the-nose stupid and outrageous. The price especially!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I don't know, that's what a lot of mutt breeders are asking. The photo of the two dogs tied up is real too. Blah..

• Like Like x 1
  3. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Sorry to say friend, but they are breeding Doberdoodles. They are calling them Doodleman Pinschers :(

http://www.aspencypress.com/page5/

4. JanS

Oh that is disgusting.... :green:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dobie Wan Knobie

Dobie Wan Knobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

A signed contract and up to 1500.00 for mixed breed mutt! Unbelievable!!! What's in the contract...you can't breed your mutt to another mutt? What's to stop you, it's not like it is registered with a kennel club. Like I said....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Oh Little Oji

Okay. I'm losing it. Inside. I'm sure Herr DOBERMAN would appreciate the bastardization of his name as much as all the people who worked to hone and perfect the breed would appreciate the wonton altering of it for profit.

7. shadash

shadash Notable member

While ugly as sin a poodle na doberman wouldn't be that bad of a mix.

BTW this is what purebeed breeders are up against. If you truly care about the breed you might want to be a little more lax on who dogs go to. Because if you don't this is what will fill the void.

8. Oh Little Oji

Kind of lousy, though they proudly tout it, that you don't know what coat markings you'll have until 3-4 years of age, or even what style of coat (smooth, straight or curly).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Clydes

Clydes Member

Funny, reading the description of the breed on the web page (temperament) it sounds like they are describing a Doberman. What is the poodle contributing? ha.

Personally I found them kind of ugly even though I like both breeds- separately.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. JanS

Sort of OT, but I just found out one of the guys at work got a new dog a while back. I asked him what breed and he said it was a mutt but mostly Pug and Pit Bull. I told him he has to show me a photo of that. LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Oh Little Oji

I noticed they said their dogs are calm.

13. Clydes

Clydes Member

Hey someday my Doberman will be calm, I hope......right?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. JanS

Usually by the time they hit 4 years or so. :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. Oh Little Oji

Watching a show on HGTV about folks with money looking to buy a cabin. They showed the couples' dog and the woman said the name of the "breed" too fast for me to understand but proceeded to say it was a Burnese Mountain Dog / Labradoodle.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1432365618][/DOUBLEPOST]You know, if the Standard Poodle was my breed of choice, which is not too far out of the realm of possibility, I would probably feel quite discontent with my breed being used as it is.

16. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

So that's a 'breed' ? lol :groan:

Totally agree!

Even though I know I'd never own one, I like the Standard Poodle too. I was raised with the Minature and tiny toy poodles. That's all my mom wanted! lol She loved them, loved that they didn't shed and didn't mind the grooming. I do. lol But the breed is smart and to have one in a bigger size appeals to me. ;) Mom would never want one that big but I think they are pretty cool. I just would never want the grooming. :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

image.jpg
    Parti poodles in my bug. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tropicalbri's

I remember when the neighborhood mutt dog had puppies, you had a difficult time giving them away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. JanS

How about when an owner dresses to match the dog? :D
    Poodle pacing (2).JPG

20. Tropicalbri's

Oh Lordy, sometimes I have to question people's motivations for things they do.

• Agree Agree x 1