11 years of waiting.

No she won't be. I get the intention but I don't think its 100% a good idea. It will be too nerve wracking for Paige to be in a completely new environment, with people she doesn't know, other adult dogs running around and/or barking, and then throwing a puppy at her face too. A lot of stress for the puppy too, I'd think. I'd want to keep the interactions controlled and positive. Taking Paige would be the opposite of all of that.
You know Paige the best so you are probably on the right track. I don't know how far you're going to pick up the puppy, but with me it was a 2 day drive, so a motel night on the way, and on the way back. Meetings are always best on neutral territory so we thought that would be the best way and the breeder agreed - Reckless stayed in her crate in the car when I visited with the breeder and my new puppy. Then Asha went into her crate next to Reckless so they saw each other for several hours but couldn't touch as we headed to the overnight stop. By the time we got home they knew each other well. Reckless was pretty horrified that she stayed forEVER, especially with the screaming whines the first few days & nights of crating. I was so nervous that Reckless was going to hurt Asha, but in the end I felt more sorry for Reckless having to put up with this wild little hellion!

Meetings are always best on neutral territory
Agreed. I will be going to her house so that won't be a good idea to bring her. She's 2 hours from me so if anything happened it's not like she's on the other side of the country. I'm sure they will get on quite well in a quieter setting. It's much different than introducing an adult dog to another adult!

Poor Reckless, yes the puppy isn't just spending the night for slumber party :rofl:

Poor Reckless, yes the puppy isn't just spending the night for slumber party :rofl:
All's well that ends well... It really will be fine, and I imagine Paige will be way better at being a big sister holding her own. I'm only relating this story because it totally surprised me. Reckless is a tough bitch in her own right, just turned out that she refused to put puppy in place on her own. Photo is a bit skewed, Asha is bigger, but not THAT much bigger than R. I can barely wait for your puppy stories to begin!!!!

fullsizeoutput_136.jpeg

I kept a gate between Albert and Della for a couple days and they got to know each other through the gate and just couldn't wait for me to let them together. After that the bond was strong.
Snuggling with Della Aug 24 11 sized.jpg

I love the really laid back ones who will sleep on their backs

I wonder if the ones who sleep on their backs will have a milder disposition in the temperament test. That would be interesting to know. Do these pups have colored collars so breeder can take notes as they develop? P.S. - You know Asha is a far cry from being called laid back & I've seen her asleep on her back only once in her life since I've had her...

I wonder if the ones who sleep on their backs will have a milder disposition in the temperament test. That would be interesting to know. Do these pups have colored collars so breeder can take notes as they develop? P.S. - You know Asha is a far cry from being called laid back & I've seen her asleep on her back only once in her life since I've had her...
They don't have collars. I've seen some breeders purposely not do that so they don't have favorites when grading. But now they are old enough to tell apart anyways. To me being on the back seems like they are comfortable. I've also observed how they tolerate being picked up. Do they curl up or are they relaxed and confident? Would be interesting to know!

One of these is yours, right? The one in the front looks a bit more innocent, and the one in the back seems like she wants to eat the phone.
Yes, one of these two! LOL The one in the back the breeder said she follows her granddaughter around everywhere and just wants to be held, sweet as can be. In front so far is looking like the show pick but that was just based on 5 week stack and that could change. Someone will be taking the show girl. We will see which one will be mine and if our girl turns out too she may also be shown.

Those knuckly paws:hearteyes::hearteyes:
I get puppy fever just from looking.

So, the colors sticking together... so funny and sweet - is it because Nature makes it easier for the mom to count them?

Total sweetness. So glad they are getting lots of socialization already!

Polish_20200715_170811713.jpg

FB_IMG_1594635290287.jpg

@AnnV I'm not sure! I think the puppies naturally do it because of familiarity?

Ears getting done this Friday! She's 8 weeks on Sunday :woot2:

received_1079531015774806.jpeg

Named after the badass female lead, Ellen Ripley, in the movie Aliens. :D
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200717190712542_COVER.jpg

:machinegun::evilgrin:
e217699661b0df237f3b4da1685d4c9c.png

Decided on neon green and purple as her colors! Now I'm just missing a puppy. :timebomb::help:
MVIMG_20200722_035504.jpg

Back