11 years of waiting.

I'm so darn excited for you because I know how long you've been waiting for this moment and it's a gorgeous breeding!

Now first lesson in dobe ownership, it's black and rust.
Not necessarily when it's not North American lines. Same with NA Dobermans being considered red and Euro considered brown. Neither is wrong, it's just a matter of the origins.

what does that breeder say about whining?
I know they're all different but the male Dobermans I've been around are the whiners and the females are not. The only time Della really whines is when she sees a fox or something in the yard that she just has to get out too.

Congrats! Look at those little things :hearteyes:

I have also heard about getting opposite sex dogs in terms of bonding with the owner. But how can someone really measure the love a dog has for their owner? I don’t think you’ll have any problem with bonding. By the sounds of it you two will be busy training together, the perfect way to bond!

That said I have never had a female dog. Not even when I was growing up. Weird to think about!

Congratulations! This is awesome! Enjoy them they don’t stay puppies long!

:rolleyes: Oh goodness, Genny, thank you for the lesson. :p Interesting enough, the FCI standard says black with tan markings! The sire is a Trotyl son. While American bred purely because of location, the litter has a lot of SA on both sides of the ped. SA lines are bred to FCI standards. So, both terms are still correct. I've been avoiding saying "black girl" largely when speaking in public. It sort of turns heads to eavesdroppers.

I get all that. Perhaps a screenshot of the standard didn't work the way I wanted. What I was getting at is I have seen way too many actual tan marked dobes. When I was looking for Rumor (I think?) there were just sooooo many tan dogs. Not attractive IMHO. Love the rich rust markings.
BTW, I care what the FCI says, you won't see a tan euro. Color blind? don't know but definitely not tan.

Not necessarily when it's not North American lines. Same with NA Dobermans being considered red and Euro considered brown. Neither is wrong, it's just a matter of the origins.

See above ^^^^ I mean the actual color. Tan is a different color in Europe apparently.

What I was getting at is I have seen way too many actual tan marked dobes. When I was looking for Rumor (I think?) there were just sooooo many tan dogs. Not attractive IMHO. Love the rich rust markings.
BTW, I care what the FCI says, you won't see a tan euro. Color blind? don't know but definitely not tan.

@GennyB In the end its just a terminology thing that is referencing exactly the same thing, the markings. The FCI calls for rust coloring, but calls the markings themselves the word tan. I desire the rust color also and rust color is what I've seen on my breeder's dogs. I get the pet peeve thing but you know I'm aware of what the proper coloring is. I've been here long enough to know that ;) The puppy doesn't care what its called and the puppy is what this post is about!

I found this to be true with mine. Bacall runs to the threat, Bogie hangs back to protect me by standing between my legs with the death look.
Bacall wants to engage and eliminate the threat so Bogie doesn’t have too, however if Bacall connects then Bogie will also engage.
You have the perfect scenario to compare! full sibs one of each sex raised the same - your description of Bacall is Asha all over. She wants to take charge and it's been a chore to tell her she can't be head honcho!

All my Dobes have been girls, except for my previous rescue. I was nervous about having a male! But he was great, a lovely gentleman a bit standoffish with strangers. My girls have always been sweet snugglers.

You have the perfect scenario to compare! full sibs one of each sex raised the same - your description of Bacall is Asha all over. She wants to take charge and it's been a chore to tell her she can't be head honcho!
The same with Jazz. She was an uppity, up front pup. I think the deep bonding grows as they learn to respect and accept your leadership, and @Rits, I don't think you will have any problems establishing pack order at all!

Ah, the "secret" is out!!!! We are all so happy for you, Amanda! A long-time dream coming true! Can't wait to travel this journey with you!:congrats::dobe::paw:

I can’t believe I’m so late in reading this. Mind you, I’ve been super distracted...my girlfriends little girl gave birth to 10 healthy pups so I’ve been over there helping her out.

000F1FB3-3209-441F-8302-7EF3248AC270.jpeg 6385A4B0-C038-4E89-8DE0-652EED15C8C9.jpeg

Oh, and this is currently the father...:rofl:
616B06E7-FC7D-4B6E-9850-2AD53D6EA8E6.jpeg

Rub my belly peasant! Lol

checking on Mum and pups :love:
B9480430-291D-4BC7-88E4-5AC8B196767A.jpeg

I can’t believe I’m so late in reading this. Mind you, I’ve been super distracted...my girlfriends little girl gave birth to 10 healthy pups so I’ve been over there helping her out.

View attachment 109356 View attachment 109357

Oh, and this is currently the father...:rofl:
View attachment 109358

Rub my belly peasant! Lol

checking on Mum and pups :love:
View attachment 109359
Oh how adorable. Dad is doing what they do best lol.

Eyes are starting to open and they are starting to prop themselves up. They'll be 3 weeks tomorrow. Got all of the ear posting supplies ready. Kennel is set up. Slow down dish. Just need a puppy! Trying to keep myself busy with our projects (including getting ready to have a home built) so the time passes faster!

FB_IMG_1592683585245.jpg

FB_IMG_1592683590350.jpg

FB_IMG_1592683592918.jpg

FB_IMG_1592683596104.jpg

Oh how adorable. Dad is doing what they do best lol.

Eyes are starting to open and they are starting to prop themselves up. They'll be 3 weeks tomorrow. Got all of the ear posting supplies ready. Kennel is set up. Slow down dish. Just need a puppy! Trying to keep myself busy with our projects (including getting ready to have a home built) so the time passes faster!

View attachment 109361

View attachment 109362

View attachment 109363

View attachment 109364
Now I am drooling over all these babies.
They are soooo sweet. :love:
The waiting is bar none the most stressful and anxious time.

Back