Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

11 years of waiting.

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Rits, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

I couldn’t really decide here and went rock paper scissors to rate this post, lol.
    Keeping busy is good but don’t forget to stop and smell the coffee. ;)
    Take a nap.
    A tornado is coming mixed with a little hurricane, a side of trouble with a sprinkle of sweet.
    A tsunami of energy and destruction and endless wonder. Entertainment. Frustration. And I’m sure you’re going to find a few other adjectives.
    :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I was so very glad to help in any way I could!! This has been a long road for you and I am
    SO excited that you are finally able to get your perfect Doberman!! I can’t wait to watch her grow up. You will love the SA ‘tude! Makes for a fun performance dog!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Archer

So darn excited for you! She is adorable!

I loved my Hunter grandaughter. You will love yours too. Hunter was an amazing dog!! Proud to have him up front in my pedigree.

thanks for the lovely compliment about my Aria. She had the prettiest headpiece I have seen in a long time. Proud her kids carry it with them. I miss that silly goofy girl.

I may have told you this before..I think I have sometime in the past nine years...but sometimes you never know what you need until you have it. I know you wanted a boy. Just like I wanted a girl at first. I ended up with Archer. Wanted a black girl...got a red boy and I am SO glad we have him. I can’t imagine my life without him. I hope this is true for your new girl. It’s like I didn’t know what I needed until I had him. You will always have time to get a boy.

I love my SA/NA dogs!!! Lovely drive and workability! Well rounded and “spicy” The girls do tend to be more intense in this breed, especially the SA bred but I know some spocy males too. The reds are worse than the blacks imho, but what redhead isn’t saucy (myself included haha). Aoife is VERY spicy, but not like Faeth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lizbeli

Lizbeli $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

@Rits Any update photos of the pups? So cute!

5. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

You know how it goes. Breeders are busy and Id would love thousands more pics. I'm very happy with each one I'm sent!!

They just got done pigging out. Filthy and fat. :D
    FB_IMG_1593919141635.jpg

I also learned from her that the colors stick together. What the heck! Never knew that! I made the comment when I said I noticed the two blacks like to be next to each other. She said it happens in every litter.

• Wow x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  6. Rits

I can't wait to have all sorts of fun with her! We are already signed up for puppy socialization class. My instructor ensured me there will be no puppy free for all or any direct interactions which is 99% where issues happen for puppies and fear. Getting her started young. The American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior recommends that you start young, granted the place requires up to date vaccines on all dogs that come through. The instructor knows what to look for when it comes to any fear and will keep a strong eye on it, show us how to recognize and what to do. I spoke with both the facility manager and the class instructor in depth about this and feel really comfortable with going forward. We will then do our AKC Star puppy evaluation at the end of the 6 weeks. So excited to start building that bond with her.I'm excited too because this is one of the only other facilities in the area and they aren't purely positive only. They also have a dock diving pool! :D

Screenshot_20200704-234440.png

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw2XurNlfNBdo52xkVahO4P5&cshid=1593920411311

I hope she's as beautiful as Aria. I know you miss her so. It's such a blessing you own two of her wonderful offspring.

• Like Like x 5
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  7. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

They really are so small and chunky at this stage! Adorable!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Rits

I'm looking forward to pics from the next week to few weeks when they start really filling out and gaining some personality! They are at an awkward stage right now lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Sounds like a great place!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Archer

Thanks! I feel lucky.

No doubt your sweet girl is in great hands in your home! Looking forward to seeing ALL you accomplish together. You sure have awesome plans with her!

Aria and your girl also have Lex in common in their pedigrees. Belmont is an Inaqui grandson (Trotyl’s dad) so the twins are close to your baby too. We are family. Lol

keep those pictures coming!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

That's something I've wondered about since it seems to hold true. Interesting....

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Rits

FB_IMG_1594078081786.jpg
    The puppies getting some socialization and puppysitting with the granddaughter. :love: Cropped to respect privacy but oh my god the cutest!!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 10
  13. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

They look so innocent but OMG, take as many naps WHILE you still can!

How do you think Paige is going to take this? For sure she will be annoyed by the little devil and all that energy haha. Tell her to take a nap too :rofl:

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Rits

I think she will do well and play bow a lot. She loooves to wrestle. But after the 20th time I'm sure she's gonna have to tell her to knock it #$@! off!!! :mad: :D Abbey is pretty persistent and in your face when playing with Paige that Paige is good about making it clear right away when enough is enough with a nice bitchy bark. :D

I'll be giving them their own personal space and breaks away from each other too.

• Like Like x 5
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  15. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Hot Topics Subscriber

The excitement is building!!! :woot2:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Notable member

Asha had such a strong bossy personality and Reckless (5 year old intact bitch) had never lived with another dog & was so well trained and so polite that within a few weeks Asha was bullying and jumping on her and we had to keep them separate or on leash until I got enough obedience on Asha to be able to call her off. They could still play and get zoomies together, but Asha, even at 3 or 4 months was a terrible bully to Reckless. I wished 100 times that Reckless would have given Asha a real good lashing, but it never happened. E-collar re-inforcing my "Leave it" changed everything. They are good friends and are loose together in the house a lot, but will never be left alone together. Sounds like Paige will be better about putting puppy in place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rits

Oh for sure its so much easier when the dogs communicate with each other. I can see Asha just having that energy too to overwhelm a more submissive dog thats not used to other dogs. Abbey (my parents golden) can be very rude and nonstop in dogs faces. I let Paige correct her. She knew just how much to correct her too. First it was body language, standing still, not looking at her. Then Abbey ignored that so it was a loud and snappy air bark. Sounds absolutely awful but no actual physical bites or attempts to connect. Thats all it took. Abbey backed down (giving a holy crap look) and would then gently play with her and Paige would pick up and continue to play immediately again. If Abbey had chose to NOT listen after that snap, I would then intervene and force them to leave each other alone. But to a person that doesn't understand this, they would freak out and think Paige was too aggressive. No, she put just the right amount of pressure on at the appropriate pace to communicate to Abbey.

With our puppy I will most likely step in before it gets too far. Nothing bothers me more than to see people let their dog relentlessly annoy another dog so much that it leads to a bite.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

Are you going to take Paige to introduce to the puppy when you pick her up?

Moo's breeder insisted we bring Rubie (as she does with all the families she works with). We were VERY nervous as puppy energy is not something Rubie tolerates. She was on leash and someone was holding the puppy to start. She did well with that so then Moo puppy was put on the floor. She seemed also fine with that so then she went and sniffed other things. The breeder said that indifference is a great response during a first meeting so we relaxed quite a bit! Then Moo was crated in the car on the drive home so Rubie could kinda sniff him out during the long drive home.

She has put him in his place maybe half a dozen times I can recall. Always when he steps on her when she's laying down, ALWAYS. If he started bothering her when she had a favorite toy or eating or whatever, we did out best to change his focus so she didn't feel like he was getting in her way. They are such a cute pair now and a lot of that (I'm convinced) is because Moo is so chillaxed, Rubie was allowed to tell him when she didn't like something, and he was not allowed to annoy her, to your point. Even now, if Rubie gives the side eye if she's laying down, Moo crouches, tail tucks, and he proceeds cautiously.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Rits

No she won't be. I get the intention but I don't think its 100% a good idea. It will be too nerve wracking for Paige to be in a completely new environment, with people she doesn't know, other adult dogs running around and/or barking, and then throwing a puppy at her face too. A lot of stress for the puppy too, I'd think. I'd want to keep the interactions controlled and positive. Taking Paige would be the opposite of all of that.

Its great it worked out for you guys! I think Moo being down to earth definitely helps match Rubie's personality.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Rits

Funny thats when my cats correct Paige. Shes kinda a big oaf when it comes to personal space. The cats could be laying somewhere and its like she can't see them in her peripheral view or thats her excuse :rofl: and she walks right over them. They move out of the way and let out an annoyed meow or hiss.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1