1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Run free dear Kobi...

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by Tropicalbri's, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Regalis

Regalis Notable member

But why are you unsure, that's what you have to ask yourself. Really, you don't need to give me an answer :) just think about it.

If you stuck with a name that has a rhyming end sound (Toby or Moby, fir example) the pup.would likely pick it up super quick. For whatever reason, dogs seem to focus on the end sound of a word - Kaizer will come just as readily to Killer, for instance.

At the end of the day, it's a decision only you and your family can make. I missed the nose pokes, wiggly butt, cuddles, etc too much to live without multiple dogs. Having one just didn't seem "right" as we have always had 2+. I truly think it helped my emotions, it gave me something new to focus my time and energy into and the reward was getting all the cool dog quirks back. I won't lie, there were days where I questioned myself and thought I couldn't love a new dog as much as I loved the one before - but then I'd get puppy kisses and all my doubts went away.

• Like Like x 6
  2. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I saw that same post you shared and thought the same thing. You will know in your heart when and if you're ready and if it's now, it will be a blessing for both of you. If you're not ready now, you will know when the time is right.
    When we lost our GSP of natural causes, he was the only dog in the house and I just could not handle the silence and emptiness in the house of not having a dog so Boris came home 3 weeks later.
    We're all different, so we have to take it at our own pace.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Dogs4Life

Dogs4Life Member

Prayers for you and your family during this hard time!!

4. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

It’s been the most terrible week without you in our lives, Kobi.

I’ve longed to be in your presence, to laugh at your funny antics, to wrap my arms around you and tell you how much I love you.

We have been surrounded by love, compassion and gestures of caring. Yet I ache. :(

We are trying to work through our emotions...the good, the bad and the ugly. Our family is strong, you know that boy but you’ve made us an even tighter bond. Love is the heart of our family and you will always be in our hearts. Always and forever.

Sleep tight in the arms of the angels my sweet boy :sorrow:

7BA898A0-07A4-4FBA-B350-2E23973BEB0A.jpeg

• Appreciation Appreciation x 15
    • Empathetic Empathetic x 2
  5. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

Oh what a precious boy, my heart aches for you truly. Allow yourself time to grieve, there will always be a dog needing a home (unfortunately) and what is meant to be will be.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Drogon

Drogon $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

It just tears my heart apart. It is bad enough when a beloved dog passes away from old age.

• Agree Agree x 10
  7. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

I just couldn't. Tobes passed in January, I started contacting breeders in February, I brought Rubie home in March. I lived alone at the time and there was still a 10 hour drive between me and my BF and the emptiness was too much to bear. I had no training to do, no reason to go for a walk in the evening, and no happy snuggles.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Viemarangelrock

Just how we are feeling :(

I have no other animals to help keep my focus, no furry friend to hug, it’s lonely...real lonely! My husband keeps shutting himself away in the bedroom. It breaks my heart. He’s lost his heart boy and of course his running buddy. He loved running with Kobi it gave him great purpose. He was so looking forward to competing and showing off Kobi’s potential. He was super proud of his boy.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 15
  9. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Poor guy:(

I could hardly leave the couch for a week and a half.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Viemarangelrock

• Appreciation Appreciation x 9
  11. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

When Gracie passed, it was like being hit with a 100mph headache ball to my chest. I could not function or handle the deafening silence. I knew I would slip into the depths of a depression that I wasn't sure I could come out of. I went to the animal shelter the next day not knowing it was closed. I just broke down and started sobbing at the gate to the shelter. A worker came out and told me to come inside even though they were closed. I walked in and they asked me about fostering or adopting. I gave them my story of Gracie and that was when a little old beagle came running out from behind the desk, half her hair missing from allergies, 20lbs overweight and very promptly jumped up to greet me. The worker asked if I would consider a senior dog. Needless to say I came home with Maddie. She helped me recover from the intense pain I felt. 5mo later I started researching breeders and the rest is history. Even though I had birds and cats in the house, I had to have a dog. Maddie needed us as much as we needed her.
    I was just so heartbroken and emotional as was my husband. I couldn't look at it as replacing Gracie because you can't replace your animals. I looked at it as a gift that Gracie would want us to share our love with another dog that needed us.
    It is tough to know when you are ready. I worry that I would have denied us the joy of another dog and denied another puppy or adult dog a loving home if I had not gotten Maddie. It paved the way for us to bring another two amazing dobermans into our lives and for that I am truly grateful.
    I often thought Gracie had a hand in how things turned out since the animal shelter was closed that particular day but miraculously opened their doors to me without me even knocking.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 10
  13. Viemarangelrock

Oh Bri, I didn’t the story of how Maddie came into your lives, she was a sweet miracle. A gift from Gracie xoxo

We have started our journey for our next dobe. I’ll start a new thread. We can’t live without a dobie in our lives, it’s not right. We have soooo much love to give x

• Appreciation Appreciation x 12
  14. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

That's so beautiful and touching Sarah... :love:

Wow I didn't know the whole story either but how wonderful the way it worked out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. WiglWerm

WiglWerm Hot Topics Subscriber

Sarah that video brought tears to my eyes. My heart breaks for you and your family. I hope that you all soon find joy in a new addition. You guys are a GREAT dog family and someone is gonna be blessed to be a part of it. :love:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Viemarangelrock

It’s a beautiful video, it really is. He was just a really happy, content boy.

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. Viemarangelrock

My emotions overflowed today as I thought they would.

Today I picked up my sweet boys ashes. It felt like I was losing him all over again :(

R.I.P. my beautiful companion...I will always LOVE and REMEMBER what a great dog you were....will miss you forever till we meet again :sorrow:

BD04EAE4-A9CD-49C2-9034-BE9F7B76F91A.jpeg

You may be gone from my sight... but you are never gone from my heart....

EC49CDCE-0830-410F-A889-0F1260340B17.jpeg

• Appreciation Appreciation x 7
    • Empathetic Empathetic x 4
  18. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

:cry:

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. blacknrust

blacknrust Notable member

Continued thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Viemarangelrock

I’m just speechless. Words can’t describe how thankful I am.Gosh, It’s simply beautiful Sarah! @MischasMomma

3CFBFA87-F7BF-41C0-8460-C2E78F87936F.jpeg BB8AE64E-59AD-4853-BA6E-07A8595922D2.jpeg

We will find the perfect place for it :)

Thank you, Sarah! Your thoughtfulness is a gift I will always treasure xx

• Like Like x 7
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 7