1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Run free dear Kobi...

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by Tropicalbri's, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I also believe this place exists...where our beloved pets run beside us. Where we are all free of pain and suffering. Where we can all find peace. Kobi is waiting for you Sarah.....just across the bridge

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. WiglWerm

WiglWerm Hot Topics Subscriber

:sorrow:Words cannot express how sorry I am for you and your family. You and your family are in my prayers. :sorrow:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

My heart breaks for you and your family. The suddenness is heartbreaking. I pray that these following moments of grief are but short and instead filled with an overwhelming amount of happy memories of your boy.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  4. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm sure it was a sign.
    Just adding to what I mentioned before.
    It also was told to us. When they leave us and at sometime when they become well again. Just out of the corner of your eye you just might see them.

That's a beautiful song if you see the lyrics.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Gracie and Rocky come to me in my dreams. It always makes me feel better the next morning when I awake and remember the dreams.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 8
  6. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Last night I sat and read the lyrics. There are some particular lines in the song that really mean something. Something deep.

I can just picture him now....

'She's turning up the volume....here we go!'

• Appreciation Appreciation x 9
  7. Viemarangelrock

My daughter received a beautiful keepsake gift through the post this morning. Her boyfriends parents had it made and sent it to her University.

So heartfelt...

IMG_5557.JPG

It's amazing how a cushion can be such a comfort in times of need. She can squeeze that boy tight whenever she wants.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 16
    • Like Like x 1
  8. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Wow that's beautiful and so very touching.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

We are all here for your family.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. JerseyFirefighter

JerseyFirefighter Site Sponsor

My heart goes out to you Sarah. I am incredibly sorry for your loss. :(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

image.jpg

• Appreciation Appreciation x 7
  12. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

• Agree Agree x 7
  13. JanS

It's odd but there is exactly one pink rose (just one flower) blooming out front and it wasn't there or even budded when I got here a week ago. I'd like to think it's blooming just for Kobi.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Viemarangelrock

15. Viemarangelrock

I'd like to think that too! :)

On Sunday morning when I walked down the stairs there was a 'fluttering' in the corner of eye. It was the most beautiful butterfly. Orange and black in colour, just exquisite! My husband was up earlier than me that morning and had gone out for a bike ride. I wished he seen it.
    I just stood and watched it for a while. It fluttered around the hallway where Kobi once slept.
    It flew to the door and I all I said was "thank you for showing me, Kobi" I opened the door and the butterfly flew away.

A sign of hope, I'm sure.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. JanS

I'm sure it was. They have their ways of letting us know they're okay and still with us.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Viemarangelrock

My friend has just sent me this....

IMG_5562.PNG IMG_5563.PNG

I feel like it's too soon :(

• Empathetic Empathetic x 4
  18. Viemarangelrock

I've asked about my boys ashes today and we are looking at about 2 weeks. I will have him home with me, where he belongs.

My vets bill came to £2227.00 (approximately $2923.00) but you know what? I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. I'd sell the clothes off my back if we had a chance to save his life.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Regalis

Regalis Notable member

Only you can know when you're ready ...

Personally, for me, I found jumping into a new dog actually helped. I couldn't stand the extra quiet and various quitks that come with dog ownership. Between the name and your home being such a great fit for him - if it was ME I'd take that as a sign. But I'd have to change his name, totally doable though especially since he's so young yet.

That said - I dont think anyone would blame you one bit if you decide you're not ready. But make the choice based on YOU, not what others may think, say, etc.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  20. Viemarangelrock

Sound advice, thank you!

I'm just unsure about jumping in with two front feet with my emotions being the way they are.

As for his name, it would have to change. As confusing as it would be at the beginning, they quickly learn.

The empty home and not being greeted with a wagging tail and nose poke is hard, really hard.

• Agree Agree x 3