I took the first step...Now, the questions begin!!! Location for Dr. Deborah Shaffer...? Still in Frisco, TX?

bomary

Hot Topics Subscriber
Hi guys. Jax is lying here staring at me typing. He and I are, of course, still very best friends. You know we've been "in discussions" about adding to this family for at least 4 years! I've finally found something I just can't walk away from! Jax agrees. He has watched videos with me, and we went ahead and put down a deposit hoping that a breeding is successful in August. We may have a very Merry Christmas here! I know that we've got some people on here that are relatively close to me. Do you guys know the current contact info. for Dr. Shaffer? I know how booked out she gets, and I just want to start getting my ducks in a row! I have forgotten EVERYTHING I EVER KNEW about posting ears!! Granted, it was never much!!
I can't believe Jax will be eight in September! I still can overthink this decision and start waffling on whether he will love this or hate it, but for right this very second, I feel comfortable and excited. Jax knows he is my special, sweet, beloved, first baby boy with a VERY special place in my heart. I have gotten "puppy fever" before, but never done it. This is it, I do believe! It's not a passing whim.
I have to start studying again!...and puppy-proofing...and looking at toys!...and cute, LITTLE STUFF!!...AND GET MY STROLLER OUT!! (I guess not actually, since that was only to get that sweet Remi out of the house without having his poor paws on the hot pavement...this baby will be coming home in the winter!!)
THIS IS EXCITING!!

Congratulations on the new upcoming puppy! How exciting! :dobe: Are you hoping for another boy or girl? Black or red?

Omg, no stroller due to winter?! Hm Texas doesn’t get snow so a stroller could still work 😜:rofl:

Kaiser2016, I have forgotten how to do things here!! I meant to reply directly to you!! Oh well. I knew you could be counted on if I mentioned the stroller! I'm thinking that, for the purpose of adorable pictures...since we get here ice more often....to save those precious paw pads from getting too COLD, I will need to use my Mom's gardening wagon that we used to pull my triplet nieces around in! It has more weather-appropriate tires!! I so hope this breeding takes! But then I'll be both a nervous wreck and totally excited like a kid waiting for Christmas...almost to the day because that is just about when I would be getting the puppy.
I feel like I've known the name for years, but now I am going back and forth in my mind on that. I am just a bundle of emotions right now, and it's months away! I'll just be content here with Jax's head on my lap while I type...as it usually is!! We just got back from the vet for his regular check up and shots, and I must say they were a bit shocked to hear that I will have a new patient coming their way. Jax is a big favorite of theirs, and I love that!

How exciting and yes Jax will be happy to have a little sister!
Do you guys know the current contact info. for Dr. Shaffer?
It looks like she's in Dallas.

Deborah Schaffer DVM
4.7(66) · Veterinarian
Dallas, TX · (972) 385-8400
Closed ⋅ Opens 9 AM Mon
1690052825109.png"Dr Shaefer is incredible."

I'm thinking that, for the purpose of adorable pictures...since we get here ice more often....to save those precious paw pads from getting too COLD, I will need to use my Mom's gardening wagon that we used to pull my triplet nieces around in! It has more weather-appropriate tires!!
Great idea! I love how we solved that problem :spit: I also appreciated the cute outfits you had for Remi:whistle:😆

How exciting to have another one! Jax isn't going to know what to do with himself! I'm surprised the breeder isn't sending them home already cropped? Looks like the vet is in Dallas now.

Dr. Deborah Schaffer DVM
High 5/Veterinary Dental Dallas
12600 Coit Road, Dallas, TX 75251
Phone 972-385-8400

How exciting to have another one! Jax isn't going to know what to do with himself! I'm surprised the breeder isn't sending them home already cropped? Looks like the vet is in Dallas now.

Dr. Deborah Schaffer DVM
High 5/Veterinary Dental Dallas
12600 Coit Road, Dallas, TX 75251
Phone 972-385-8400
Thank you for looking into it! There is that option with it being done there while still with the breeder. Of course, it will make the timing on getting the puppy different, and I LOVE Dr. Schaffer's crops. If they are done while the puppy is with the breeder, I'd have to wait to fly the baby to me until after the ears healed up. I just want to see if I can get in touch with Schaffer's office before we make a decision of that part. It would work out better for me, as far as the timing thing goes, to have it done here. I also would feel more comfortable knowing it's the exact crop that I want, although I have no doubt I'd get that with the breeder. Now, I just need to get as many ducks in a row as possible before it even takes place. I'll start making phone calls on Monday to see if that is where she is located. I last knew of her being in Frisco. I know she gets really booked out.
Jan, thank you for looking it up as well. I've waited anxiously while other people on here were getting puppies. I can't believe it's going to be "us" this time!!

EEEE another puppy to watch grow up!

If they are done while the puppy is with the breeder, I'd have to wait to fly the baby to me until after the ears healed up.
Are there any airlines flying pups these days without you carrying them on? Most of them stopped doing that when Covid hit and as far as I know, haven't resumed it.

I didn’t even bother checking into that. I was such a nervous wreck when I had to put Remi on that plane to go to New York! I am going to go with a friend for a little girl’s trip for a couple of days and come home with a puppy, or I’ll just go and the breeder will bring the puppy to me at the airport and I’ll fly right back home. It just depends on the timing. Of course the first option sounds more fun.

I would personally let the breeder have her cropped when the rest of the litter has it done and meet the breeder at the airport. We found an excellent transport guy who brought Olive to our door and he was less than flying her. It was next day transport and he stops along the way to take them out for potty breaks.

I would personally let the breeder have her cropped when the rest of the litter has it done and meet the breeder at the airport. We found an excellent transport guy who brought Olive to our door and he was less than flying her. It was next day transport and he stops along the way to take them out for potty breaks.
Wow, how do you go about finding something like that? I wouldn't even know where to look!

Congratulations! Great to hear from ya!

The stroller? I did that with Oji when he was little. Walked him to the vet that way. He actually rode in there with my daughter. 💕

Now, with this pup, I have used the same stroller when I've wanted to take him places that are too far for him to walk. Also, a bicycle trailer.

Excited for you! Indeed hard to believe Jax is almost eight!

Back