1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Run free dear Kobi...

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by Tropicalbri's, Oct 19, 2017.

1. bomary

bomary Hot Topics Subscriber

I canNOT wrap my mind around it...and I HATE thinking of how heart-broken the family is. I am just devastated for them. Kobi was one of "our" little super stars...beautiful, healthy, SO active, SOOO loved. It is absolutely shocking that "we" have lost that precious boy. It IS just SO unfair. Bless you, sweet, beautiful Kobi. Our hearts our with you, and Sarah, our hearts are absolutely with you. One thing is for sure...that baby had a SPECTACULAR life...he most certainly knew that he was one very loved baby boy. Damn it...there truly are just NO freaking words.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

My God.

This just isn't fair.:(

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. Gelcoater

I'm so sorry.
    Speechless

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Gelcoater

Sarah, you and your family have my most sincere condolence.
    I think I know what you feel right now.
    A rush of emotions too numerous to list.

image.jpg
    This evening I burn this incense in honor of Kobi.
    It burns in the place it burned earlier this month for Kali.
    Where it burned for Daisy.
    Where it burns for any one or any creature significant to me.
    In the background, that greenery. It was only a sprig or two when Daisy was here.
    She was gone shortly after.
    I water it every day.
    Every time I see it I think of her.

So, I burn the incence, from how ever many thousands of miles away I cry with your family.

Somewhere, in doggy heaven, Kobi just met a firey red head Doberman. She will guide him.
    I know she will, because it means much to me that she does.

Run free Kobi.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

That is beautiful Gel.

• Agree Agree x 8
  6. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh my gosh, that's what I was just going to say...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Oh. No. I am so sorry and shocked to read this. I just found this thread 5 minutes ago, and here I was joking around on the forum today.

I'm just shocked. God bless you and your family. Tears shed over here.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Drogon

Drogon $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Sarah, you and your family have my most sincere condolences. I'm just in shock. I thought Kobi was past the danger stage. So sorry

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. WiglWerm

WiglWerm Hot Topics Subscriber

OMG WHAT'S GOING ON!!! OMG I AM SO SORRY! I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON! SARAH! I AM SO SORRY. I have been absent lately I had no idea anything was wrong. My heart goes out to you and your family.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I'm crushed. So sorry. He was recovering so well.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  11. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

A little piece of me died yesterday . I'm still in shock and my body feels numb :(

Today was the day when I was supposed to bring him home. Instead of bringing him home I'm bringing home his collar. Why is life so cruel? I cannot believe it. I think I'm going to wake up from this nightmare and everything be ok....but no.

And to think his recovery was going so well.

I knew something was going on early yesterday morning. They took him out of the crate to come meet me and as he walked towards me blood drops appeared. on the floor. The nurse said "oh dear, looks like the stitching is bleeding!" I thought to myself...it's been 3 days from surgery. Hm! It didn't feel right.

After that the vet said it was best to open him up and look at the intestines to see if there was any leakage (due to blood found in his abdomen)...the intestines were fusing brilliantly so they knew something more was going on.

Now, my husband took the devastating news on the phone and I think he was so consumed with terror and shock he relayed the wrong information to me.

What happened was, when they were inside him EVERYTHING they touched internally bled. When they opened his stomach he was full of blood......he bled out :(

The kindest thing to do was to let him sleep...forever. There was no coming back from this. We had to make that awful decision to let him have his wings although our hearts weren't ready.

I really don't know what to say at this time. I'm deeply deeply shocked and saddened. He gave us so much love and affection and he'll be sorely missed.

I want to thank each and everyone of you for your love and support through this very difficult time. You have shown me, my family and my boy, Kobi so much love and support and I'll always remember your kindness towards us.

@Gelcoater, your words touched my heart deeply. He'll find her, I know. Thank you Gel!

Some day, in the future we will open our hearts and home to another but for now I'm going to hold onto those wonderful, sometimes crazy times we shared.

This was my last, at home picture of Kobi....

IMG_5513.JPG

That gorgeous face will never leave me. He was loved more than life itself and we fought for him till the very bitter end. We couldn't of done anymore.

I'll still be popping in and out of the forum and I consider DCF my family. I thank you all once again for your love and kind words xx

• Empathetic Empathetic x 13
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 7
  12. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Oh my gosh, I'm sat in the car at this very moment after writing my post to you all and suddenly on the radio a song is played...I cannot believe it. This song I sang to him in the car when we were out and about and I'm sure he thought "wha? Not again...she doesn't know the words and making any old crap up!" Lol I think I drove him mad with my crazy singing. Lol But it was our car song.

The song is Despacito, it's a sign from him because my tears have just turned into smiles and laughs.

Thank you boy! You are watching over me and that's all I ask of you xx

• Appreciation Appreciation x 14
  13. Max Hawk

Max Hawk Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh dear Sarah ..I just can't express how sorry I am for your loss of Kobi! I am crying too. It has been such a terrible year losing Flynn and now I feel that your loss is just as tragic and shocking. I know we are all just devastated for you. Run free Kobi, you will be missed.
    12033109_895017260576629_4292961463024872723_n.jpg

• Empathetic Empathetic x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  14. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

Can't help myself from tearing up, that face of his and his expressions I see Brinks every time. I know what you mean about wanting to wake up from a nightmare, none of it seems real. Even to us it doesn't.

We love you and your sweetest boy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

How comforting. They always find a way to try to let us know they're okay and still with you in heart and spirit.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Omg, I sit here sobbing so hard for you!! I feel so bad about losing Kobi. He and your family are a big part of this Forum and he will be sorely missed!!!

I am soooooo glad that you got a sign from him!! And believe it, it is a sign! I am a big believer in the afterlife and signs we get from loved ones that have passed. This was wonderful and certainly comforting!! God bless that boy! He knows you are suffering and wants you to know he is ever near. :love:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

My heart breaks for Sarah and her family. Sitting here in tears reading this as I had just updated myself on his other thread. There is nothing to take away the pain from such a loss. I know words of sympathy from others go in one ear and out the other as you sit there in disbelief.

Sarah, please know I am praying for you and your family. I hope you find peace in knowing that Kobi now runs with the angels and watches over you all from above. You did all you could for him. If only love could save them.
    Run free and swift sweet boy.....

We are here for you when you are ready.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh Gel! I hope you can feel the hugs I am sending you. How beautiful.

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

This feels like losing my own Tobie all over again... the hardest part was his incessant and irrational happiness that radiated at all times and that it was suddenly gone - no wagging nub when I came home; no content sigh when we curled up on the couch in the evening; no giant welcoming head when I woke up in the morning. I saw that in Kobi, too. I am not a person of faith but I can't believe there isn't a happy place for dogs to run around and continue to enjoy life after they've passed - there is too much good in them. Tobes still watches over us from atop a shelf and I can tell when Rubie get's a sniff of his scent when one of his old toys or blankets pop up. I'm so glad Kobi lives on through pictures, video's and stories you've shared on this site with us.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. AresMyDobie

AresMyDobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Sarah I am so deeply sadden by this. I loved seeing that silly, gorgeous boy in all his pictures, he was a true personality and will be so missed by all of us here. I'm so glad to have gotten to know him through here and so glad you shared that beautiful boy with all of us.
    This has me in tears, I cry for your loss and the loss of an amazing Doberman.
    Please give your family a hug from me and my pack. I am so incredibly and terribly sorry.
    R.I.P. Kobi, you're running free now.
    :sorrow:

• Agree Agree x 3