Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Random Photo of the Day - 2019 - post yours!

Discussion in 'The Pet Post (Non Doberman)' started by Tropicalbri's, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Believe it or not, in the uber-Liberal island next to Seattle where we used to live, the local cops would "dispatch" hit-by-driver deer with their sidearms. Always surprised me, but I agree with the practice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

That's pretty much the way it is here too. If you see an injured one on the road you can call them and they'll give you a tag with permission to put it out of it's misery and take it home to use the meat.
    It was explained in the paper this morning and I wasn't wrong thinking it had something to do with overseas mining related big shots.

"The 151-seat Boeing 737 lifted off in Mumbai, before touching down in Moscow, London and finally at the Range Regional Airport in Hibbing. The jet, owned by the Bank of Utah’s trust, took about one week to travel across the Atlantic to land six passengers on Minnesota’s Iron Range at about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday.

The arrival of a contingent of Essar officials and potential business partners went unannounced. But their presence was noticed, emphasized by the 737 that dwarfed daily flights out of the regional airport.
    "

• Wow x 3
  3. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Does dispatch actually mean to shoot? I thought @Atingles10 worked in a dispatch office for emergencies?

I did some research since I was sure we would encounter something like this again, but what I found out won’t actually help us any, however it may help everyone feel less sad for the moose knowing this. Here, firearms can only be kept in the home. The only people who can carry them in public are if their job carries life threatening risk and then only if they are on duty. Any exceptions are on a case by case basis - that’s for registered guns, not illegal guns. So the only people who could have shot the moose legally would have to be licensed hunters who wouldn’t be there because the area is not prescribed for hunting. The fact that a dog was present would prohibit actual hunters from shooting as dogs aren’t allowed during hunting unless they are licensed bird dogs. It gets more complicated. It’s against the law to let the meat rot if you shoot an animal, so if you have a big enough vehicle and have enough people to carry it, the shooter then must transport the carcass to an inspection office where it is inspected for food safety. Once you have an authorization tag to proceed, the carcass is registered to you and may only be chopped up at your residence or another location that is authorized for safe meat handling.

I compiled this info from reading through a wildlife act, firearms act, hunting rules and regs.

Sorry to the mods for not putting the moose pics into their own thread. I didn’t think it would generate so much discussion!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

You didn’t know that such an interesting photo would spin off into informative conversation. Don’t apologize for getting our brains active. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Here I was thinking poop patrol was the hottest topic :woot2:

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Zzzzzzzzzzz
    20190321_190104.jpg

• Like Like x 11
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  7. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

Forever faithful kitchen buddy... especially after he got a piece of steelhead!

2E5B619C-655E-4CBD-9254-35F6FDB785E1.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  8. Atingles10

Atingles10 Jr Member

At the dispatch center I worked at we covered the whole country, fire, police, medical and the weird dispatch can be confusing. We would dispatch the officers to the call but they should also call say they were "dispatching " the animal when they would shoot them. I knew really thought too much at to why they used that terminology but I assume it's because they are "dispatching " their weapon m

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

Some pictures of the flooding near Omaha Airport

MVIMG_20190321_184307.jpg
    IMG_20190321_184413.jpg

Very sad situation out there...

Moo is none the wiser, though
    MVIMG_20190322_094156.jpg

• Wow x 8
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Lizbeli

Lizbeli $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Dobies look great in plaid! Even if they have a goofy face XD 20190321_161326.jpg 20190321_161339.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Plaid puppy!

F7C38F8C-82D3-4587-B965-91328C2BE09E.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 7
  13. Lizbeli

Lizbeli $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Thanks you! I have a ton of photos. I almost made a 3mth update on how it has been thus far but decided not to waste forum space haha.

@Kaiser2016 Looking good! Told ya plaid just looks so good on them <3

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tropicalbri's

Bogie gives me the pleading look, then the side eye if he sees his ball and can’t reach it. He whines like a little kid.
    4359EBF2-0B74-45B7-A0E9-4495D65B439C.jpeg A4E2BEC3-1243-45C8-80DC-6B5BC4379547.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  15. Tropicalbri's

Rio is one really good looking GSD. He seems to mature more in every picture I see of him.

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

Thank you! I can’t believe how much he has grown. Personality alone, he could’ve looked like anything and I would’ve loved him the same. I love seeing him mature but also hate it?! Keep my puppy!
    C4FB55C9-DBFC-4FDB-8584-7A9684F34B01.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  17. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

You do know those are swear words around here when we all love photos, don't you? ;)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Tropicalbri's

Bacall’s idea of helping me do yard work. :D
    303CE7CA-2B13-4628-B2BD-21E9C569FF7F.jpeg
    She doesn’t want it to blow away before I can it up. Lol

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  19. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

The face of my niece after she managed to belly flop from a rope swing. IMG_20190321_162035.jpg

About to flop! IMG_20190321_161117_BURST008.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 4
  20. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

IMG_20190323_182055.jpg

• Like Like x 13