Random Photo of the Day - 2019 - post yours!

These puppies did daycare last night while we went out with friends. They get super doted on but always glad to come home!
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190317101532140_COVER.jpg

Enjoy your stout, today!
IMG_20190316_134643.jpg

@LifeofRubie do you hire someone to watch the dogs, or do you have a friend that does you a favor? And do you have them “baby sitted” if you are staying out over night or just for the evening and come home later? Sorry if that seems nosey LOL I’m just wondering because I always feel bad leaving the dogs home alone for a night on the town, but I’d also feel equally guilty dumping them onto someone less than fully prepared!

This is the restaurant owners Boykin Spaniel, Jazzy. So forlorn he looks wanting to come inside :D he’s still a baby at ten months, but what a love he is.
1DBB7CD6-424A-4AE7-BA72-7EAD1556D690.jpeg

And Rio helped me do a bit of gardening today. I started a whole slew of seedlings for my garden-to-be and I also bought a couple pots of violas to adorn my front porch.
DA787EBD-1784-484C-85AA-EA2CF1FB3941.jpeg

@Brioddy luckily overnight places are plentiful around here. It's expensive ($93/night for both dogs) but it's good piece of mind that they're being taken care of. We do that when we're going to be out for longer than 6 hours or so. I wish we had someone who could watch them but my Mom is really the only person who could handle them both and she's still in PA unfortunately. They come back tired so worth it :)

12658.jpegour big bad dobbie is such a ladies man. He loves his dog Walker ladies Haha

Snapchat-1405638170.jpg I also spent all Saturday outside with our boy and brought him on puppy play dates only for him to snuggle daddy when we got home ‍♀️

Jasper hanging out in the sun while his ears dried. Figured he may as well tear up my little rug and eat my slippers. Gotta love them anyways. He kinda got away with it this one time. Had to snap a photo XD

20190309_091616_HDR-1.jpg

Jasper hanging out in the sun while his ears dried. Figured he may as well tear up my little rug and eat my slippers. Gotta love them anyways. He kinda got away with it this one time. Had to snap a photo XD

View attachment 93822
Oh, handsome little boy! I love the face, the substance to the snout and the almond-shaped eyes (though he may be squinting a bit :) I like the pigment on the paws too.

I am really liking the good looking Dobes I am seeing people getting in recent times! It's encouraging.

Oh, handsome little boy! I love the face, the substance to the snout and the almond-shaped eyes (though he may be squinting a bit :) I like the pigment on the paws too.

I am really liking the good looking Dobes I am seeing people getting in recent times! It's encouraging.

Aw, thank you so much for your kind words! I am a sucker for the rich/dark markings and euro look.

I was hoping that his eyes would darken a bit more since he was a young pup but I am not sure thats possible at 12 weeks old.

Kinda sad about the moose. He looks healthy. No ranger or anything to notify about him? Maybe he was stuck or his leg in a trap? I would have a hard time leaving him. :(

My Moose completed his beyond basics class yesterday! the trainer was very impressed with Moo's can-do attitude and how well behaved he is for being an intact, young puppy. She also said he was the most handsome lab she's ever seen :love: Once that shoulder is all better, we'll start barn hunt!

IMG_20190319_200333.jpg

Kinda sad about the moose. He looks healthy. No ranger or anything to notify about him? Maybe he was stuck or his leg in a trap? I would have a hard time leaving him. :(
Not sure that wildlife officers would get involved unless there is a threat to people like if animals come close to campsites or into the city. My hb would never call them in anyway. He told me it’s part of nature because I too thought it was a sad sight. Had I been there I would have grabbed the dog and bolted fearing for our safety, but the man and his dog get into some ‘adventurous’ stuff when I’m not around. I don’t even post most of it. That said, he only took pics because he felt there was no risk from the moose.

This area isn’t designated for trapping or hunting, or we wouldn’t go there as it would be way too risky.

This moose couldn’t stand. He tried to get up and his hind legs were very atrophied. He was laying in his own excrement as well. He looks healthy only because I’ve picked the better pictures - he is grayer and more wasted away than it appears. It’s doubtful he would have survived the night as it was also still very cold at the time.

Not sure that wildlife officers would get involved unless there is a threat to people like if animals come close to campsites or into the city. My hb would never call them in anyway. He told me it’s part of nature because I too thought it was a sad sight. Had I been there I would have grabbed the dog and bolted fearing for our safety, but the man and his dog get into some ‘adventurous’ stuff when I’m not around. I don’t even post most of it. That said, he only took pics because he felt there was no risk from the moose.

This area isn’t designated for trapping or hunting, or we wouldn’t go there as it would be way too risky.

This moose couldn’t stand. He tried to get up and his hind legs were very atrophied. He was laying in his own excrement as well. He looks healthy only because I’ve picked the better pictures - he is grayer and more wasted away than it appears. It’s doubtful he would have survived the night as it was also still very cold at the time.
It is a part of nature but still sad. Sometimes people around maine will chase them on snowmobiles or wheelers. They will run until they are completely exhausted and can't go anymore. They will just collapse and not be able to stand :(

Where you said he was graying and not looking well I wonder if it was age or some kind of sickness.

Back