Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Random Photo of the Day - 2019 - post yours!

Discussion in 'The Pet Post (Non Doberman)' started by Tropicalbri's, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Joe

Joe Member

Ruger is not digging his cone of shame after being neutered.
    big biy.jpg

• Empathetic Empathetic x 8
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Aww, poor baby!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Wow, two? I never even had to do one when Buddy was neutered. I was home with him almost 24/7, but he never bothered the stitches.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Making the most of the beautiful weather...

C7623473-E71D-4BC8-B4B8-F19C835A2623.jpeg EA41B6F6-7B1D-4278-A662-D296D2A05D20.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Wow x 1
  5. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Look out Albert, you're being stalked. ;)
    Running by bank front angle Mar 18 19.JPG

By bank watching Albert Mar 18 19.JPG

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 5
  6. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

5DEFD619-20A1-460C-BBA0-F9A26A157D3C.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 9
  7. Tropicalbri's

I was outside doing some yard work, trying to get back into some form of physical shape when I heard a cracking sound. I immediately moved back as I watched this 25’+ tree branch come crashing down in front of me during a significant wind gust. All I could think was WOW, the power that it hit the ground had me silent and awestruck. My hubs heard it hit and came running out to see it. His words were; “ can you please keep yourself in one piece until we move?”
    Hey, I wasn’t doing anything wrong. I was doing yard work he refuses to do. The wind made it snap off, not me. Now I am miffed. :timebomb:
    10B398D9-029D-4AD2-B0F0-7F61163F8ADA.jpeg
    I got my chainsaw and cut it up and moved it to the curb for pick up.

• Wow x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  8. MyBuddy

Wow. That's scary! We have a few large branches caught in the canopy of other trees when that one huge tree came down that I posted about in The Lumberjack thread. I look at it all the time to see if it came down yet and it has not. I call it the Widowmaker. I keep saying we have to be careful underneath those! When they come down it'll be with some Force! They are hanging precariously!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tropicalbri's

I worry about the tree, it’s a Jamaican Dogwood and is a very friable type wood and one I call a trash tree. It has three other larger branches on the trunk so I am going to take it down. I will have to climb up in it and tie off each limb so it will fall in the direction I want. The other branches are longer and bigger than this one so I will have my guys help me remove it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow x 1
  10. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

@Tropicalbri's You are obviously feeling much better if you are up to climbing trees with a chainsaw! A good sign. :thumbsup: Do you have trees that shed large limbs with no warning, no wind or rain? Most of our big gumtrees will do this in drought to self prune for survival. If you hear that initial cracking you have to decide which way to dodge pretty quick! :shock:

Here is another tropical paradise picture! IMG_20190321_163729.jpg
    There has been a real change in recent years and many places are now dog friendly and this lovely place is one of them. People had their dogs with them but there was no barking or loose dogs being a nuisance. How wonderful and I will take Jazz with me next time I'm heading down to the "green belt". :biggrin:

• Like Like x 5
  11. Tropicalbri's

The Buttonwood trees will do that if they are a lone tree in your yard. They are a tree that should be in a hardwood style Hammock with other Buttonwood trees. They do better in groups and become quite large. They are a hard wood but also can be friable with the awkward way the branches grow and are gnarled. They will splinter at the knot holes. We had a huge one come down on the carport during Hurricane Irma that blocked my truck in until we could remove it. We were lucky that one of the limbs hit the cement in such a way that it kept the bulk weight of the tree off the carport roof. 218D5513-639B-4A4C-A7A1-2D0CF81463EB.jpeg

• Wow x 5
  12. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

@Tropicalbri’s I miss a good Florida thunderstorm! They just aren’t the same here. Very little thunder and lightning. However I know how you feel about witnessing the trees falling, I hear them fall sometimes up the mountain and it shakes the ground. I have a somewhat irrational worry one will fall on my roof someday.

It’s spring! Yesterday was beautiful, sunny and 70. I had everyone outside including Toby and the little ducks Dagwood and Dumpling.

45E38704-A531-4659-8769-8151939617D2.jpeg A36E11B1-DE39-4BF9-8628-0A4A3FC34E57.jpeg A190B5E0-E1CC-4234-A2CE-1F59F753727B.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  13. Tropicalbri's

I agree, I love the Florida thunderstorms and the heat lightning!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

Uh, NO JOKE! With some of the wind we've had this winter... We have a GINORMOUS tree in the parkway by our house so it's the villages responsibility to maintain it but if that sucker went down the right direction, it would take out the whole house and the dogs are crated on the side closest to it. Irrational my arse! Glad you stepped the right way @Tropicalbri's

Whenever we take the dogs on errands, we always come back to Moo in the front seat which means I'm then delegated to the backseat. Errand Dog has THINGS TO DO! I can't figure out why this picture is loading sideways so... it's staying that way haha

Dog dad finally got a new car after having his last one for 13 years! Ended up with a slightly used 2016 Malibu Hybrid which is an IMMENSE upgrade from the 2006 Malibu. And, like everything else nowadays, he bought it off the internet.

MVIMG_20190324_172159.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

@Brioddy

I often wonder what goes through Brinks mind as Rio grew so fast from a puppy and now he is legit competition stealing his sticks as shown in your pict.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

Well... actually that’s Brinks trying to steal Rios stick hehe

There’s plenty of sticks to go around, but they only want what the other one has!

It’s been going on since Rio was little.

2EE3F421-98B9-4762-BC23-D88C4ADC2A27.jpeg
    1ADE4023-27CF-4D08-9692-A494742F3777.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  17. Tropicalbri's

• Like Like x 5
  18. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

Thank you! My phone does this weird "motion" with some pictures and I've noticed they all upload sideways... very odd!

• Wow x 1
  19. MyBuddy

A gorgeous day today!! Almost 50°. Horses are enjoying it, Buddy is out laying in his usual spot...
    20190326_142942.jpg
    And Kail is doing her usual patrol...
    20190326_143119.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  20. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

The dogs posing with our new HPD K-9 fundraiser shirts. They started this after the K-9 officer in Duluth was shot and killed on the job since they didn't have the protective vests they needed. Chase is the newest K-9 officer here in town - a Belgian Malinose.

Both posing by HPD Chase shirts Mar 25 19.JPG

• Like Like x 6
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 5