Lizbeli
Hot Topics Subscriber
1. Whenever you recall, the more you are stern and consistent with it the faster it should come. That’s why using a long line is recommended- make the command and if she does not follow through, then use the line to pull/coax her to you. I’ve read and talk to some trainers say that the only time they use the dogs name is during recall- the ONLY time…. Both of those points are more difficult to do than said but if you are OCD about it and discipline, I bet it works great. And NEVER ever call her to you mad…
Thank you. Ill long line even at home now in the yard. I didn’t have to do that with Jasper since he picked it up so fast at the park. At home for him was even easier. I have been working on leash pressure, pulling the line and she refuses but once she takes a step towards me I reward. Maybe ill start adding the command “come” to this?
Good point about not calling her when im mad. I don’t get mean since she is a baby, but I’m sure there were a handful of times I was defeated/frustrated when I called her. Should be solves though if I have a line on her at all times outside. She follows me everywhere in the house.












I personally wouldn't stop the toppers, maybe add a dollap of cottage cheese? She is growing at a great speed, I don't know if you want to withhold food....I have a good friend with Danes, and you are correct. Very common. Her current boy has acid reflux, and she had to add Prilosec before bed. I would make the meals smaller so you don't waste food, and just add more as she eats if she eats.