Jasper is getting a sister

So Remi ate all her breakfast without any issues. All is well. I really hope this doesn’t become a normal thing, these giant breed puppies need all the food they can get.

I took an overnight shift tomorrow night. Now I am thinking that may have been a mistake with a new puppy at home. Lol! Im going to get out of work at 7am completely exhausted and ill have to watch a puppy. She may have to spend a few hours in her play pen while I sleep. Poor girl.

This week at work has been insane. We are a super small close knit town and we had a homicide. Pretty much unheard. I was working at the desk when I received multiple calls for a shooting and several parties hit. Unfortunately, one of the victims was an assistant fire chief of the town. Unbelievable. But my officers handled the situation unbelievably well considering we never get calls like this. No officers were hurt. Me- I am mentally tired. Single dispatcher handling incoming calls, and the police, fire, and rescue radios. The first hour was intense. But then another dispatcher came in to make sure I was okay. He helped taking phone calls while I handled the officers.
Wow! Are u always the only one? Did they catch the person who did it? Our dispatch has like 10 people. One person call takes, one dispatches, different people for fire, EMS, or police. You have your hands full!
 
Wow! Are u always the only one? Did they catch the person who did it? Our dispatch has like 10 people. One person call takes, one dispatches, different people for fire, EMS, or police. You have your hands full!

Yes I work alone on the 3pm-11pm shift. I handle everything. All incoming calls, all dispatching for police fire and rescue, and of course people who come to the window. Its pretty much always busy. Honestly, since the shift I work is prime time for domestics and assaults we have been pushing for a second dispatcher to work at the same time. We are a small town ~12,000 residents but the number of violent crimes this year in particular has been ridiculous. People are going crazy during this pandemic. Im sure even you have seen an uprise in calls.
 
I work alone on the 3pm-11pm shift. I handle everything. All incoming calls, all dispatching for police fire and rescue, and of course people who come to the window. Its pretty much always busy. Honestly, since the shift I work is prime time for domestics and assaults we have been pushing for a second dispatcher to work at the same time.
Holy cow, I just can't imagine! Around here everything goes to the 911 dispatch and they have quite a few people on duty all hours of the day.
 
Holy cow, I just can't imagine! Around here everything goes to the 911 dispatch and they have quite a few people on duty all hours of the day.

Yeah, so for us the State Police
filters through any 911 phone call made in the state. Then they connect the caller with the local police department where their gps hits. So essentially when I get a “911” I have the caller and the emergency operator on the other end.

Still everything comes to my phone anyways. So non emergency calls also come to me on the same phone. We have some loval residents that are just nuts. Whenever I see their name pop up I instantly wish I could unplug my phone LOL. At least I am allowed to hang up on people who are wasting my time and being rude.
 
I was wondering how it's going? Do you have your hands full? How is Remi doing? Is she an easy puppy? Jasper getting along well with her still?
 
I was wondering how it's going? Do you have your hands full? How is Remi doing? Is she an easy puppy? Jasper getting along well with her still?

Its going well, thanks for asking!

Remi is MUCH easier than Jasper was (and is lol). She plays for an hour or two after breakfast, then sleeps for a good hour. Rest of the day she is happy to mope around or play with Jasper. She really just wants to be in the same room as her humans. She is calm and friendly in public. No reaction to other dogs other than a wagging tail.

Jasper loves to play with her. Sometimes she bites him real hard on his lips or behind his legs. Even so he will whimper just a bit, then he pushes her to the ground and continues to play. I think he enjoys the play. And I hope that once she gets more size they will play even better. Right now tug is too easy for Jasper lol.
 
Remi is MUCH easier than Jasper was (and is lol).
Amazing how different the energy levels are! I was reading about the worms and that was surprising they showed up 2 days later. Do you think it was just a 'wormy puppy' situation, or will Jasper need to be treated too?
 
That's great to hear. Its so interesting to hear about the different personalities and how the two get along. My next doberman I would want to research and find a breeder and go that route but y'all have kinda scared me about doberman puppies! Lol
 
:rofl:I hear you there. SO glad I never got to read the 'scary puppy' stuff at the wrong time, lol, because boy what I could have missed out on if I'd let myself be scared off.
And I think of all the mayhem I could have been better prepared for :spit:

scared me about doberman puppies! Lol
Did you not have Skynyrd as a puppy? I'd say if you've experienced it once AND can handle an adult Doberman, you "should" be fine for the second one lol. There was just a boatload of stuff we didn't know about puppies and that really colored my impression of the psycho puppy stage. The first Doberman seems to be a trial by fire. See, a puppy never stops moving, but they're small enough to grab, once they are bigger and faster, you can't catch them and if you do, they might drag your a$$ around as a bonus challenge :rofl: There are days where Kaiser's 5 year old craziness still wears me out, but then he has the really nice moments that make me feel like I conquered Mount Everest by raising this beast.
 
And I think of all the mayhem I could have been better prepared for :spit:


Did you not have Skynyrd as a puppy? I'd say if you've experienced it once AND can handle an adult Doberman, you "should" be fine for the second one lol. There was just a boatload of stuff we didn't know about puppies and that really colored my impression of the psycho puppy stage. The first Doberman seems to be a trial by fire. See, a puppy never stops moving, but they're small enough to grab, once they are bigger and faster, you can't catch them and if you do, they might drag your a$$ around as a bonus challenge :rofl: There are days where Kaiser's 5 year old craziness still wears me out, but then he has the really nice moments that make me feel like I conquered Mount Everest by raising this beast.
I got Skynyrd when he was 6 months. He was never really crazy, spastic. I don't know if it's bc I have always exercised him and really worked with him and a trainer or bc I got lucky with him. Im starting to think I got lucky with him as my first. I have actually never had a puppy puppy. The youngest I have started with was 4 months. Reading about Kaiser, Ragnar, Asha... i dont know... lol
 
Last edited:
He was never really crazy, spastic. I don't know if it's bc I have always exercised him and really worked with him and a trainer or bc I got lucky with him.
I think all of the above. I had two Dobes before Asha, one from the '80's and the last one born 1992 - not a crazy bone in them. Good solid sweet dogs with just a tiny touch of defense in the second one. I'm pretty convinced the Euros lines are bringing in some cray-cray, how many show line/American pet lines tell stories like Kaiser, Ragnar and Asha?

@Lizbeli glad to hear things are going well! Where's that weight chart? LOL, that puppy is getting big!
 
I think all of the above. I had two Dobes before Asha, one from the '80's and the last one born 1992 - not a crazy bone in them. Good solid sweet dogs with just a tiny touch of defense in the second one. I'm pretty convinced the Euros lines are bringing in some cray-cray, how many show line/American pet lines tell stories like Kaiser, Ragnar and Asha?

@Lizbeli glad to hear things are going well! Where's that weight chart? LOL, that puppy is getting big!
I was thinking about this exact thing today when I was running! (Weird things pop into my mind when I run. ) About the Euro lines. I specifically thought of Kaiser and Asha and some of the things yall have said. But they have turned into the best dogs... right? I just love the way both of them look. They are impressive, stunning examples of a doberman. Isnt there a saying that the worst puppies grow into the best dogs
 
Weird things pop into my mind when I run.
LOL that's pretty much me no matter what I'm doing and it's usually Doberman related. LOL
Isnt there a saying that the worst puppies grow into the best dogs
LOL well Phoebe (South American) has been one of the biggest handfuls so far but there really is some truth there since they're super smart but once they figure out that they aren't going to run the show they turn into exceptional dogs.
 

Back
Top