1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Importing female red

Discussion in 'Doberman Breeders' started by Flyangel1, Apr 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I am not as up on the conformation of dobes as you are. The picture seems to have a bulky body without the leg thickness that you would see on a Euro. Perhaps I am wrong but my first boy had the bulk but he also had substantial bone structure to balance out the bulk. He was Euro.

2. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Your girl is gorgeous, and I am someone who really likes a powerful looking Dobe.

A big part of me likes that pronounced Euro look with sloped topline, large head and somewhat excessive flew (like the above example showing the Red) but I also like balance. Panama's girl exhibits balance, and I bet she moves better than the Red Euro above.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

Oh no photoshopping for dogs too. I thought that was mostly the Kardashian’s.

• Funny Funny x 7
  4. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Umm...no such thing. ALL dobes are clear till they aren't. Like I said earlier in this thread, research the pedigrees. No COD's listed, ask why and get proof!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. kdob2018

kdob2018 New Member

@Flyangel1
    That is the Euro I seek as well. Beautiful dog!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Well hey, if you're all about looks...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Curing

Curing Member

I just wanted to add, just because I think it’s important even though you’re gonna choose whatever you choose.
    But there is hard evidence (audio proof)
    That the owner of Erebus Kennels has gotten puppies from puppy mills in Serbia and passed them off as her own breeding.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. kdob2018

kdob2018 New Member

In addition to larger bone structure, darker markings, Euro breeds traditionally have more drive than American. Every dog is unique so this can’t be assumed but that will be equally part of the decision making. And let’s be honest, if we’re looking at websites, appearance is significant.

@Oji
    your previous post literally started with an adjective describing the looks of Panama’s “gorgeous” dog (which I agree with). So not only are you passing judgement but that’s also contradictory. Please keep in mind not everyone has your unique perspective.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Flyangel1

Flyangel1 New Member

Omg this is a female,how do you need to check a second time to see it?I guess we have different taste

10. Flyangel1

Flyangel1 New Member

Hard evidence an audio?Seriously @curing?How can this be hard evidence, did police hand this tape to the public,was it proven genuine and legit?What was the rest of the conversation,if true?Why do people believe everything they read online,IDK.I am different,I try to think more and search behind what is obvious and so does my husband.I ask you again how can a breeder with over a decade of glorious career,with IDC winning titles (not the actual winners),many championships, working titles and many happy customers around the globe,just snap one day and start doing all these horrible things?

11. Flyangel1

Flyangel1 New Member

DCM1 clear by DNA test.

12. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

My male, Drake DCM1 and DCM2 negative. Diagnosed with DCM just over 1 1/2 years ago.
    The test really means nothing. Even an echo and holtor, any test we have so far only means they don't have DCM that day. It does not mean that they will not ever be diagnosed.
    We got lucky because I test my dogs regularly. We caught Drake's very early so with treatment he should live a good life. Still no guarantees, but after 1 1/2 years still no signs of progression.

13. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

This thread sounds like the case of bigger is better syndrome, euros with more drive ect... I hope you have success finding the euro puppy of your dreams, you seem to know what you are looking for.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

What about DCM2 DNA? They also show you Echo results?

15. Tropicalbri's

I have to say as far as drive, my male is absolutely off the charts. He would go at a maniacal pace if allowed to do so. This is a dobe that will get into trouble if his physical and mental needs are not met on a daily basis and I am talking multiple times a day. My female is high energy requiring a lot of physical and mental stimulation but she will tone it down when directed to do so.
    I have not had any chill Dobermans. All 4 have had the high drive, high energy with my last girl being American.
    As far as testing negative for the DCM1 and DCM2 that is great but like @GennyB pointed out, it does not mean they won’t develop the disease later in life. Testing frequently is key to ensure early detection and treatment. Many will think because they tested negative for carrying the DCM gene that they will never develop DCM. There is still a lot of research that needs to be done to isolate more markers for DCM. I think a lot of people are under the impression that importing means less health issues but that is not always the case. Many sick dogs arrive from overseas and I believe the US reputable breeders are more stringent with genetic testing.
    @WiglWerm has a Euro girl that has the sturdy build of Euros. Perhaps she will chime in with pictures of her girl.

Many people can set up a website to advertise but I certainly don’t fall prey to what they post as being truth. People that go online and warn others about a bad experience are not doing it to get even about something they don’t like just for fun. They are passionate about the breed and have watched their dog suffer
    needlessly and have spent untold amounts of money to help the dog, but most of all they were led to believe one thing and were given something entirely different with no recourse. To be duped by a well presented person should be cause to share with others, even on a social platform.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

@Flyangel1

I hate when they use the word CLEAR! No such result! The word CLEAR (with our DNA Testing) is never used in a DNA test and is misleading!

They are either
    Negative for either DCM1(PDK4) or DCM2

Positive DCM1(PDK4) Heterozygous 1 Copy of the Mutated Gene and 1 Copy of the Normal Gene. Or Homozygous 2 Copies of the Mutated Gene.

Positive DCM2 Heterozygous 1 Copy of the Mutated Gene and 1 Copy of the Normal Gene. Or Homozygous 2 Copies of the Mutated Gene.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

@Flyangel1 These are all Euros. Which ones are dogs & which ones are bitches?

male or female.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
  18. Tropicalbri's

Ok is this a trick question? All are dogs, well not so much dogs as Dobermans.
    :rofl::rofl:

• Funny Funny x 5
  19. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

Sorry if I missed it but have you ever had a Doberman before? I ask because as far as “normal” dogs go they ALL have some intense drive. Seeking extra is really unnecessary unless you are doing some serious sport work. A “mellow” one is still a lot to handle if you aren’t used to them!

There’s nothing wrong with preferring a certain look of course! But in my experience the smaller dogs are much more agile and athletic, with less stress on their body over time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Flyangel1

Flyangel1 New Member

@Panama I would say that 2 and 3 must be females,otherwise two is not short in body from what I see in males photos in general. The first looks like a male. The fourth is,cannot tell,maybe a young male

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.