1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Importing female red

Discussion in 'Doberman Breeders' started by Flyangel1, Apr 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flyangel1

Flyangel1 New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm from California and I am looking to import a red female puppy from Europe.
    Doing some research I came to the following breeders: Sant Kreal (really high priced and breeder with attitude), Pride of Russia (high priced again, but much better behavior), Altobello (normal price, but bad communication), Scharze Kraft (really horrible behavior), Scarva Stand (all was good) and former Erebus, now known as Terra di Erebus (price good, really helpful with all questions I had and gave me recommendations from different States and countries).
    I am worried about Pride of Russia and Altobello for DCM issues, as I've read too many horrible things about them.
    Then Sharze Kraft made me think I should refer to a local breeder, if all european breeders are like him in manners.
    Scarva Stand was generally ok, but I'm not sure about the country, is it Serbia or Greece, it's a bit shady there, but I've seen some dogs of them in the US that were really beautiful.
    For Erebus I have read both good and bad. I was contacted by some guy named Isa in Instagram, after I had commented on Erebus (Terra di Erebus) post about their new litter, with a profile named erebust1 and said some weird things to me. I made many questions to him, but I was not really convinced by him about what he told me, he had many gaps in his story and was speaking bad English.
    When I talked with the breeder she was quite informative about this situation and answered all my questions. I talked with owners around the country that said their dogs couldn't be better and even with people overseas that said the same.
    So I am wondering should I go with my gut, that they are good people? I saw from previous litter, in their previous account, that they were uploading videos of the babies from their first day born and kept it on until they were 30 days old. Then they made photos when they were around 2 months of age and some videos.
    I kind of like them, feel good about them and they make me feel comfortable.
    They said they'll send her over after she's 3 months old, so all vaccines are valid for traveling.
    What should I do?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Flyangel1

Flyangel1 New Member

Schwarze Kraft I meant to write

3. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

You might want to private message @ArdynBane about her experiences with Erebus/Terra di Erebus.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  4. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Wish I had something useful to add, but I'll be following this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

Do they have to be 12 wks or 16 wks to be imported? I thought it was 16.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Flyangel1

Flyangel1 New Member

Yes, I have read that, but again I heard another 20 people in the US talking with me on the phone and another 10 overseas saying the exact opposite. Plus they are the only breeders I have seen delivering their puppies personally in the US! Isn't that something too? If they were really hiding and if Interpol was looking for them (as I had read somewhere) would they be able to enter our country?
    I am still not convinced. And how do we know these things written online are true? There are no real evidence, everyone can claim what they want online, right?

7. Flyangel1

Flyangel1 New Member

They said after 3 months of age. I think for europe, from what breeders told me, the puppy should be 3 months and 21 days to have her rabies vaccination valid.

8. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

Why are you wanting to import? There are breeders in the states that import and breed Euro’s have you talked with any of them?

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  9. Flyangel1

Flyangel1 New Member

Because I find the looks different. I've seen euro dobes bred by Americans and they're not the same.
    I have talked with a few brokers, but they wouldn't let me get in contact with the breeders themselves.
    Plus european dobermans have show titles and working titles as well.

10. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

@GennyB might be of some help to you. She imported her girl but it wasn’t from the breeder you referenced. Anyway worth a try.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Panama

@CathyNu, not sure if she's still a member, but she imported from Poland and Spain.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I think the first step would be to study the pedigree of any pup you are considering. Pay special attention to longevity and the COD's. No cause of death listed? Ask a LOT of questions and ASK FOR PROOF.
    In the big picture it's doesn't matter where the dog is from, it's about the health of the ancestors.
    Dobies are not a healthy breed and most problems are considered genetic so a pedigree can be very telling.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Curing

Curing Member

I would definitely try to go through a broker if you can, there are a lot of horror stories of people who get scammed because they don’t know what they’re doing.
    I’ve personally seen a lot of nice Euro Dobes come from Kennels in the US so I’d personally look there first, but if not Pride of Russia,Altobello,and Sant Kreal are 3 of the best imo. They really care about the health and temperament of their dogs for 1. And 2. Care about where they go I.e they’re not going to just sell to anyone which I respect but may also account for a harsher attitude. They care far too much to let their dogs go just anywhere.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Drogon

Drogon $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

I like Sant Kreal and Pride of Russia. I might also suggest Campovalano (Italy) Lipar Land (Serbia) Rio Bianco (Italy).
    What we in the US sometimes view as 'attitude' from EU, that is often just a difference in culture. I wouldn't let that stop you from getting the pup you want.

• Like Like x 1
  15. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

@Flyangel1
    I will ask our Breeder we know in Romania, about the ones you mentioned.

16. Panama

17. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I think that applies to high risk countries.

All dogs coming from the high-risk countries (see Rabies vaccine certificate required when coming from these countries) must have a valid rabies certificate showing they are vaccinated for rabies and fully immunized. It takes 28 days for the rabies vaccine to fully immunize and protect your dog.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Panama

Right, but it says they cannot be vaccinated before 3 mo. So if they receive it AT 3 mo and they have to wait 28 days... that makes the pup 4 mo (16 wks). Or am I not reading that correctly?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Flyangel1

Flyangel1 New Member

Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  20. Flyangel1

Flyangel1 New Member

Not at 3 months, after 3 months. And according to what European breeders told me, the puppy can travel when she is 3 months and 21 days, but I don't think anyone would mind keeping the puppy for 7 days, so she is 3 months and 28 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.