1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Importing female red

Discussion in 'Doberman Breeders' started by Flyangel1, Apr 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Just a quick search from this site about Erebus from @ArdynBane
    DO NOT BUY FROM EREBUS DOBERMANNS/TERRA DI EREBUS

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  2. strykerdobe

@Flyangel1

I sent off a PM to the breeder we know in Romania. She might have some Browns.

• Like Like x 1
  3. strykerdobe

@Flyangel1
    Got a very quick response from her about Erebus now Terra Di Erebus!

Ok Here is a quick response said HELL NO! She changed her name because they did some Sh*t :poop: things. Its a mother and daughter. Look up on their FB Page.
    She also changed puppies in at least 4 litters, saying they are from certain parents and bought sick puppies from Serbia!

She is looking at the other breeders.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Flyangel1

Flyangel1 New Member

As I said, I am aware of this story and I am still not convinced that their evidence is real or complete. How can a breeder that has been breeding for more than a decade, with great results in their resume and beautiful dogs,one day just snap and start doing this?
    Also I have spoken with over 20 people in the States and around 10 overseas and all have had great experience with this breeder.

5. strykerdobe

Ok then go for it! Keep us posted.

Karma Erebus

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Flyangel1

Flyangel1 New Member

I have seen that too, I find it pathetic to do online propaganda, maybe people should find something better to do.And I also know that only god can punish someone for their mistakes and we are no gods or unmistaken.;)
    For sure I will keep you all posted. And i will talk with the rest of the owners I have talked on the phone, maybe they want to write their good experience here too.

7. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

Only God can punish, but those that support this kind of breeding(s) keep them in business and it just continues.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

That was my thought. When I see the sick dobies coming in to the clinic, it breaks my heart to learn they came from less than reputable breeders without health testing done. Granted some are healthy and beautiful but when you see one presenting with DCM, severe skin issues, autoimmune diseases I feel bad for the uneducated owner. It then becomes our job as staff to educate them about what to ask and look for in selecting breeders, what diseases the breed is prone to and we always encourage DNA testing for all the genetic diseases.
    We usually find out about vWD when they want the ears cropped. Doc will not do any surgery on a dog unless we test for all bleeding disorders. The worst possible scenario is beginning a surgical procedure and realizing you have a bleeder and are not prepared for it.

9. kdob2018

kdob2018 New Member

@Flyangel1
    I just joined this post today and have identical sentiments in terms of importing Euro. I have been considering a male American bred Euro b/c of bone structure but if I could get a female with good bone structure (which appears to be more common overseas) that would be incredible. I am about 1 year out so please please keep us posted. I also live in CA and don't really know where to begin

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I agree with Strykerdobe-
    go for it!!

You willing to risk the time, money, love and frustrations and pursue this???

Man o’ man, you’ve been warned.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

Bone structure as in thick boned?

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 2
  12. Flyangel1

Flyangel1 New Member

I actually am, so I think I'll go with my gut! I have been warned and I have some brains in my head to think everything I read twice. When I saw that awful post they got online with the horribly thin dogs in outdoor kennels, I immediately made some more research. I saw photos and videos of where they keep their dogs and people's comments that have physically visited their home and they all said the absolute opposite.
    So let's wait and see. And yes I agree about vWD and dcm, but both parents are health tested with DNA and they are clear of DCM, mother has echo also and then vWD clear the father and carrier the mother. I see nothing unethical there. So I'll do it and I'll update you all

13. Flyangel1

Flyangel1 New Member

Europeans are bigger in size, both males and females. I'll keep you posted too with my experience! Or you can find me on Instagram @melissagible

14. Panama

26" bitch, averages 78-80 lbs and certainly not fine boned.

5-5 7.jpg wow 1.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Wow x 1
  15. Flyangel1

Flyangel1 New Member

Is that a European import and what bloodline? I believe it has to do with the parents too.
    Do you have any more information on her?

16. Panama

She's mine. American/South American with a Russian Grandsire

• Like Like x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  17. Flyangel1

Flyangel1 New Member

She looks fine I think, but pure European bred are with stronger structure IMHO

18. Flyangel1

Flyangel1 New Member

This European girl looks fantastic! Look at the bone structure 01-16-49-123629.JPG

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Panama

She looks like a male, to me. Shouldn't have to look at the plumbing to see what sex it is.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I agree and if it's really a female it's way overweight and the photo looks like they flattened it to put the dog out of proportion.
    Even if it's a male, it's too fat and what you're seeing isn't bone structure.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.