Ripley Show Thread

She looks so great and you can really see how her chest popped in the 14 month photo.
Ah, its like waiting for a flower to bloom! Really want that chest/ribs to spring to push those elbows out to correct her puppy feet. So hard to wait :woot2:

Their official win photo is in! I of course had to order a professionally printed pic too so that is on the way. You only get one "first points" ever! It's crazy to me how she looks here. She's still my silly girl but she's growing up (filling in) ever so slightly now and I don't get to fully see it until photos like this. Melissa said her lines are slow to mature and usually her females don't fill in until 2-3 years old. 😱

Ripley at 13 monthsView attachment 120830

Ripley at 14 monthsView attachment 120829
She's gorgeous, and I love how distinct her markings are...I'm really wondering when Melissa is going to decide she wants to add Ripley to her breeding program. She has enough titles before and after her name.

Congratulations!

How cool is this!? Ripley is currently sitting at #3 in Top Ten Dobermans for 2021 in UKC!!!

You can only earn points when you beat other dobermans. It has been difficult for them to find any other dobes entered in shows in our area. Although we personally have a hard time finding a ton of breed competition here, there are a lot of dobes in the top ten with a decent amount of breed points themselves, so it's been a real challenge to remain there in the top ten for the entire year! But they did it and now they climbed to the top! We won't surpass Marcy and her handsome boy; we don't show nearly as much or travel as much, but that's ok, she's got a good one!! So proud of Derek and Ripley though!!

Screenshot_20211028-170955~2.png

PXL_20211017_200854762~2.jpg

4 day weekend of showing this weekend. I think they finally have their nerves shaken off for AKC shows. 😃👍 They looked super fantastic today! Especially for after some time off from showing, like they never missed a beat! Fingers crossed we come home with some points. 3/4 days are supposed to be 3 and 4pt majors!

12-18 month class
PXL_20211104_142445686.jpg

WB
PXL_20211104_143829540_exported_106777.jpg

It's hard work!
PXL_20211104_151559237.jpg

They look great in the ring! Best of luck the rest of the weekend!

OWN IT! Don't ask for it, DEMAND IT. (chest out shoulders back kinda thing, lol) ;)

OWN IT! Don't ask for it, DEMAND IT. (chest out shoulders back kinda thing, lol) ;)
Thats what I told him. He's gonna have to fight for it with the little details of handling skills that make you stand out saying, "Look how great she is!"

Tough weekend with lots of competition, professional handlers, and nice bitches but they stuck through it and showed their heart out. Ripley did everything asked of her, really couldn't ask for a better girl! She didn't miss a beat that weekend. Their time will come as they both grow as an owner handler team!

Our first 4 day weekend though! People are starting to recognize us (seeing similar faces at shows) so people were kind enough to chat, give us support and words of encouragement throughout the weekend! From being told Ripley was so well trained to basically Derek is well trained too LOL. Biggest compliment was a breeder handler telling us Derek is looking like a professional out there. He has a ways to go and is working hard to be better and better but it really made him feel great and made his weekend even without any of the big wins. ☺️

I waited to post until her win photo was in. Just came in this morning! I'm glad we took one because gosh, she's really starting to fill in. I looked back just 4 months ago at the first win photo and she looks so different in maturity. So fun to see!

Pictured at 17 months...
OF11721B-0032.jpg

You guys are doing such an awesome job with her and she's gorgeous!

I'm glad we took one because gosh, she's really starting to fill in.
I noticed that and her chest is filling out way faster than her sisters.

Back