Wednesday Millie would huff occasionally, similar sound they make when they drink water too fast and breath in a little.
Only she wasn’t drinking when she was doing it.
Wednesday night or actually the early AM her huff turned into full on deep lung coughing noise, gagging like she is trying to cough something up.
Needless to say the wife and I were both up by 3:30am which isn’t too big of a deal for me as I can take a nap later, lol. She was to start a 12 hour shift at 6
We started administering the magic syrup...

Honey!
This particular honey is local Black Sage honey.
A table spoon every 2 -3 hours.
There are some serious antibiotic power in honey and it soothes/coats the throat.
We also started some basic saline breathing treatments.
We have a Pulmo-Aid compressor here and nebs.


By later Thursday it had toned down the coughing considerably.
Thursday night rather than the once every 20 minutes cough it was only a few times throughout the night.
Friday only an occasional light huff.
Saturday I’ve heard no huffing or cough and she is back to normal operational status.
Was debating Thursday to just take her to the vet, but figured we would try less aggressive treatment before resorting to antibiotics or other pharma solutions and it worked.
*Disclaimer
I am not a doctor or a veterinarian and my solutions may or may not work for you.
If your dog develops the cough use your better judgement, not the advise of a painter on the Internet.
Only she wasn’t drinking when she was doing it.
Wednesday night or actually the early AM her huff turned into full on deep lung coughing noise, gagging like she is trying to cough something up.
Needless to say the wife and I were both up by 3:30am which isn’t too big of a deal for me as I can take a nap later, lol. She was to start a 12 hour shift at 6
We started administering the magic syrup...

Honey!
This particular honey is local Black Sage honey.
A table spoon every 2 -3 hours.
There are some serious antibiotic power in honey and it soothes/coats the throat.
We also started some basic saline breathing treatments.
We have a Pulmo-Aid compressor here and nebs.


By later Thursday it had toned down the coughing considerably.
Thursday night rather than the once every 20 minutes cough it was only a few times throughout the night.
Friday only an occasional light huff.
Saturday I’ve heard no huffing or cough and she is back to normal operational status.
Was debating Thursday to just take her to the vet, but figured we would try less aggressive treatment before resorting to antibiotics or other pharma solutions and it worked.
*Disclaimer
I am not a doctor or a veterinarian and my solutions may or may not work for you.
If your dog develops the cough use your better judgement, not the advise of a painter on the Internet.