Jasper is getting a sister

I am honestly surprised how well he is doing. Because the first hour at home was not good. He was being so weird and I didn’t trust him.

Now he keeps trying to play with her but she is too small for his rough housing lol. I am showering him with love and individual play time. She is doing well with him. Even a difference from yesterday to today. She chases him in the yard but still isn’t sure about his play style just yet. I think she needs some size on her first.

I adjusted the times I get up in the middle of the night and she didn’t cry at all until Adam left for work early this morning. So we are figuring it out.

Big brother teaching Sit. She is gonna take a bit more time than Jasper I can tell. Danes aren’t the smartest. Haha

View attachment 120408
I love this picture!! Sooo sweet! She is adorable and he is so handsome. I love her face and the coloring on it.
 
I am honestly surprised how well he is doing. Because the first hour at home was not good. He was being so weird and I didn’t trust him.

Now he keeps trying to play with her but she is too small for his rough housing lol. I am showering him with love and individual play time. She is doing well with him. Even a difference from yesterday to today. She chases him in the yard but still isn’t sure about his play style just yet. I think she needs some size on her first.

I adjusted the times I get up in the middle of the night and she didn’t cry at all until Adam left for work early this morning. So we are figuring it out.

Big brother teaching Sit. She is gonna take a bit more time than Jasper I can tell. Danes aren’t the smartest. Haha

View attachment 120408
Gawd she's adorable. Love her head already!
 
I want a calm puppy like that too🥲 having puppy fever here🤗

She is so calm its crazy. Ten mins of play, then she wants to just lay down and chill. But she is very much like a doberman in terms of being velcro. She needs to be in the same room as me.

Gawd she's adorable. Love her head already!

She does have a good looking puppy head. I hope she matures well. Im actually enjoying her floppy ears, they fit her character well. So at this point I have no desire to crop.

Her tail is long and adorable. I forgot what it was like to have a dog with a tail lol! Its already so thick I am sure it will be giving my bruises when she grows up.

Some more pics because why not

See how thick her tail is?
936B0462-560A-4C1E-A88C-210BB2EC6C04.webpD3FBBC98-E9AC-430E-9425-708145D83AC0.webp30D61AD8-6BD3-42B5-877F-A272A8EFB21B.webpF0850DFE-53E2-4EED-8D1A-2D9447947B11.webp15CE5F78-A26D-4C02-939E-DBAB2C07B7E1.webp
 
She is so calm its crazy. Ten mins of play, then she wants to just lay down and chill. But she is very much like a doberman in terms of being velcro. She needs to be in the same room as me.



She does have a good looking puppy head. I hope she matures well. Im actually enjoying her floppy ears, they fit her character well. So at this point I have no desire to crop.

Her tail is long and adorable. I forgot what it was like to have a dog with a tail lol! Its already so thick I am sure it will be giving my bruises when she grows up.

Some more pics because why not

See how thick her tail is?
View attachment 120431View attachment 120432View attachment 120433View attachment 120434View attachment 120435
Her tail is thick!!! I just love Jasper so much!! I love his face and expressions
 
Shes already growing!!

You can see a difference in the photos? Or am I crazy because I felt like she was bigger today than yesterday lol. Maybe its because she has a good full tummy now. I guess the breeder doesn’t feed the day of delivery so she was a little “ribby” her first day home.
 
You can see a difference in the photos? Or am I crazy because I felt like she was bigger today than yesterday lol. Maybe its because she has a good full tummy now. I guess the breeder doesn’t feed the day of delivery so she was a little “ribby” her first day home.
For sure she looks bigger to me especially with her laying down in front of the cabinet.
 
Or am I crazy because I felt like she was bigger today than yesterday lol.
You need to report in her weight every day! While you can still pick her up and get on the bathroom scale with her. LOL.
I forget, does her color have a name in the Dane breed? Is it like a merle color?
 
Is it like a merle color?

Fawn Merle is what the breeder called her coat color. Im not too versed on danes but I do know there is a color out there that shouldn’t be bred for- double merles. Mostly white dog that is prone to deafness and blindness.

I noticed Remi is a grazer- she doesn’t finish all her food at meal time. Which is common for Danes, but not easy when you have another dog who wants the food. A lot of people free feed danes because of this. Thats not an option in my house, so I hope she catches on to the fact her food goes away if she doesn’t eat it until next meal time. At the same time I want to make sure she is getting all she needs. Im feeding Fromm like Jasper. It hits all the checkmarks for a giant breed puppy.

883B805B-CD7E-4065-9D96-BC393CCE04B7.webp10A88BC6-D7F1-4427-B02B-175B96F15C94.webpC876C9B9-8EE4-4DAD-8AE1-1AB216DA0436.webp

Starting to open up
 
So cute together, love how Jasper wants her pink Kong haha. Will be interesting to see how her teething phase goes.
 
LOL, he's like, "Throw the pink Kong, throw anything!" 😄 Sometimes I think a single Doberman can become a very spoiled Doberman - Kaiser just woke up from a nap and decided to start howling - when I went to see him, he just sat there quietly like, "Oh there you are," turned around and went back to sleep 🤨
 

Back
Top