Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

How To Post With Breathe Right Strips

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Archer, Feb 11, 2014.

1. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

Thank you for posting this. I was going to try this with Shadow this month.

2. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

You need to keep posting through teething otherwise you risk the ears falling. Most of the time this is around 7 months of age.

The length of the crop is measured from the base of the ear to the tip.

3. Archer

How old is Shadow?

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  4. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

Shadow just turned 8 months. Unfortunately I haven't taken the time to figure out how I can post pics on here from my iPhone - says it's too large. Otherwise I would attach a pic. I just started to test to see where the ears are at. So far they are on day 3 still standing but the tips flap when she runs. Do you think I should go the whole week to get a better measure?

5. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

Hooray I was able to attach it. Had to crop a lot but here she is on day 3 without posts.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

She's a pretty girl and her ears are looking great!
    You could try it as long as you're ready to post right away if they start drooping at all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mia428

mia428 New Member

Not quite sure what is considered the base of the ear or not, but if I measure from the top of her head to the tip it is roughly about 3 3/4 inches(hard to get her to sit still lol)

8. Archer

Where the ear flap goes into the head

9. davidjanaflora

davidjanaflora New Member

Thanks to this method my girl is now ok. We have problems as you can see on the picture with the right ear.
    I use two pieces of BRS and between I put wooden stick.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Kennettmo2

Kennettmo2 Novitiate

How many days do you leave the BRS before removing and replacing? ( every three or four days like when I posted? Or just leave until they come off?)

11. Kennettmo2

Kennettmo2 Novitiate

Sorry I just saw the answer...the tutorial of using BRS was Great!

12. Mystic

Mystic Notable member

Ok so haven’t bought these before and was curious about the medicine in them. Is there a backing you don’t peel off then? Have always wondered about what’s in them and if it’s getting into the dog’s system.

13. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

There is absolutely nothing in them. It's just a semi rigid piece of teflon (or something like that) and it holds the tips up very nicely.

You do have to peel the backing off to expose the sticky side so it adheres to the ear and most of us will also use either the surgical adhesive or eyelash or nail glue (forget which one now) to help them stay in place better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Archer

Eyelash glue ot Torbots :) Nail glue doesn’t work as well. I need to update this thread. Lol

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Archer

The issue with the right ear should be corrected with half posts with 3/8” backer rod. BRS could work, but are not the best option