Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

How To Post With Breathe Right Strips

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Archer, Feb 11, 2014.

1. AresMyDobie

AresMyDobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Hmmmm I didn't think of that I thought they had to be stiff enough to not let the ear bend ?

2. AresMyDobie

I'll see how it does for a bit and if it doesn't work cuz I doubled it I'll try again with the other brand and not double it up lol it would be a noticeable folding over right ? If it were to heavy ?

3. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Yes or a good downward droop anyway.

4. bobboo

bobboo Jr Member

I did use Torbot bonding cement on Kato's ears with the BRS. Stayed on longer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

The clear BRS don't seem to be as strong as the other in my experience.

The DUO eyelash glue keeps the BRS on as long as the Torbots does. It is easier to use as it is more accessible and lasts longer as the Torbots can dry out after a while.

I have always used the extra strength BRS as they are a little stiffer and get a better hold.

I agree with Jan, you will notice if they start to fall. I put the majority of the BRS on the area of the ear that is folding. Seems to be the best way to keep the weakest area strong.

I need to edit this post and update the method :)

6. AresMyDobie

Lol I will agree the clear one are very flimsy so I had to really reinforce them I didn't remember what one to get. Next time I'll get the extra strength ones lol :) but these are working out great !

7. AresMyDobie

Back in post :( his right ear started to flop but after a minute went right back to normal so instead of seeing what happens I put him back into posts :(
    Is this normal I feel like I want to cry and I'm freaking out about it. He's been out of post for 4 days.

8. JanS

Did it flop or droop? I'd rather be safe than sorry too, but if it's drooping and comes right back up, it's probably okay, or if it flops you probably need another month or so worth of posting.

9. AresMyDobie

ok I'm gonna continue to post till he's a year old I think that's the smartest choice. I'm not sure sure if it flopped or dropped lol I don't really know the difference.. It did come right back and was completely fine but I didn't want to risk it :/

• Like Like x 1
  10. JanS

I meant flopped or drooped. I think flop and drop are the same thing. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I
    I LOVE your dog's ear crop!! May I use it to show my vet? I have looked at so many and just found this one. Absolutely awesome.

12. Archer

Thank you!!! Of course! I'll post better pics of it here for you. It is a 5.5" show crop with a narrow bell. Not an easy crop to post for beginners, which I know you aren't ;)

13. Archer

image.png

image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Tropicalbri's

I have posted so many GDs and Dobies but the new techniques are so much easier and better than in my day. Overseas the Dr.s I worked for let me do the ear trims but not state side. I know what I want the ears to look like but sometimes it is lost in translation with just describing a style. Also with less and less vets willing to crop finding one that is experienced is really difficult. I am going to talk to one of the retired vets that used to crop who still owns his practice and see if he would be willing to do them and let me assist.
    My experience has been that most vets that crop do not necessarily do the best with posting though, which is fine with me because I prefer to do my own posting. :)

15. Tropicalbri's

16. JanS

You hit the nail on the head there! I love the bonding experience with the pup posting too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Archer

Thanks!

18. mia428

mia428 New Member

Archer... when you say 5.5in crop, where do you measure from? The top of the head to the tip of the ear?? Sorry I am new to all this! Also my girl's one ear is just a bit wiggly at the tip when she run's, do you guy's recommend trying the breathe right strip's? I am still posting because she is 5 months old and still teething and I would rather be safe then sorry! Appreciate any help!

19. JanS

I would personally keep posting until she's done teething, then you could try out the BR's. That said, there is more support with this method than just the BR's alone so you might be good to go. Do you have any photos of her?

20. mia428

mia428 New Member

I am definitely still posting, like I said rather be safe then sorry. Here is my girl

Attached Files: