jazzies mum
Hot Topics Subscriber
Yes, that all makes sense and I have wondered what impact it makes on the hearing. Jazz is all natural as that is the law in Australia, and she seems to hear very well indeed, but whether her pinpointing of direction is as good, not sure. The only thing I might disagree on is that having had dogs with standing ears before and Jazz being the only floppy eared dog, I have noticed that her ears remain a LOT cleaner! This is a dirty and dusty environment and the standing ear dogs could grow potatoes in their ears if not cleaned out.ummmm i actually just saw some interesting facts on this. They said that you don't see floppy ears on animals in the wild and there's a reason for that: They're more hygienic, they're more efficient at pinpointing sounds, they can't be grabbed onto in an attack situation, and they're more expressive so easier for other animals to read their body language. I believe Dobe's had naturally standing ears and with cross breeding, lost them?

I don't have strong feelings about C/D, but would probably have chosen to have Jazz docked if there had been that choice. I think I'm too lazy to go through all that posting though! It should be personal choice with no comeback from anyone else whose business it isn't!
At one time it was done mainly to leave nothing or very little to grab on to ..so the dog could attack more effectively ( nothing to grab). I know advocates of cropping come up with medical reasons but I'm not a believer in any of them..
. these days it's mainly for vanity..the crops have gotten longer on the show dogs etc..simply for looks..I have had dogs with floppy ears that have no issues with their ears etc...IMHO. I crop my dogs and I do so because I like how they look period. I always say it's not the nicest thing I have ever done to my dog. I love all Dobermans so I am not against floppy ears either..I like the choice to crop or not. The tradition is a breed that is cropped and docked and that is how many people prefer them.
Right or wrong is for the individual to decided but the amazing thing is our dogs love us anyway unconditionally so we owe it to them to get it right!
I usually start with something like 'Since you just had to rudely share your unsolicited opinion let me return the favor. Then I proceed to point out that I do not have a ring in my nose that is pulled around by the whacko AR train,politely of course.
I explain that I did my research and actually witnessed pups being cropped and observed them post op and know that the AR activist are pouring koolaid that is tainted with their agenda that education will dispel.
well i have to show her a picture of the prong on PetSmart website , but anyway i feel like i torture my dog in front of her eyes
My dog has cropping ears , no negative comments so far , only when i was posting them some ppl ask , but no in negative way but i dont want to go with him to Pet Smart for sure!!!

I may have been more militant years ago but now I'm just content to stay as far away from most people as possible. ..I applaud ya though sparky and I'll let you do the fighting. 
