Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

[fci] Dobermann Breed Standard Changes On 1st Of January 2015

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by iceman, Sep 6, 2013.

1. NobleDobermanK

NobleDobermanK New Member

I dont believe this

• Like Like x 1
  2. FredC

FredC Guest

In case you didnt make the connection.. This is coming from across the pond in FCI territory, specifically the DV in germany and IDC and not the AKC or DPCA. But that is only a matter of time. and these changes in europe will no doubt effect ethical breeders and good owners in the US as well. I suspect the export game will change considerably.

• Like Like x 5
  3. NobleDobermanK

no i didnt see where they posted stating they were NOT in the USA. i already know Europe is screwed and they have to send their dogs to places like China to get cropped.

• Like Like x 2
  4. FredC

FredC Guest

Thats not entirely true as several countries in Europe still allow for legal cropping and docking..

Shipping to China for a cosmetic procedure that can still be legally done all over Europe seems extreme not to mention expensive. This announcement only relates to the FCI Dobermann standard which was changed by the German DV does not make the procedures illegal, rather ineligible for competition.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kenneth

kenneth New Member

sorry not sure what all this means. for akc american standards and showing.please exsplane.

• Like Like x 1
  6. FredC

FredC Guest

Nothing.. Yet... But it's a huge nail in the coffin.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NobleDobermanK

well thats what my friend did who lived in Germany for 20 years

8. Betty

Betty Notable member

Thanks for the clarification everyone! I was a little confused.

BTW.. I got a new job and I'm doing my old job. Plus, helping my dad and trying to paint the house.. So, I haven't been on for awhile, but, I miss all of you and hope all is going GREAT!

• Like Like x 5
  9. FredC

FredC Guest

typo or am i just somehow reading this wrong?

10. Dobie Wan Knobie

Dobie Wan Knobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Must have been a typo???

With Jan 1, 2015 just around the corner, is there any new news on this issue?

11. FredC

FredC Guest

-----------
    The OP said...
    "It is a typo mistake..should have been cropped

From 1st of January 2015 no cropped or/and docked dog will be permitted to compete at shows..

But the content is still not confirmed by FCI..no one still knows how the standard change will affect dogs born before the date of change.."
    ------------

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2014
  12. Dobie Wan Knobie

Dobie Wan Knobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Lets hope the future generations continue to fight for this right as well, otherwise the American Doberman will go the way of all the rest. What about Mexico and South America, are they still C/D?

I agree with this, but when the media starts to portray the natural Doberman as the norm then future generations will have a different image of the Doberman in their mind. We must keep the C/D Doberman in the light.

One more reason to split into our own breed, as (IMHO) we are starting another new faze of evolvement over here with the modern Euro-American cross.

This is the slow way of death to our C/D Doberman. When there is no one left to crop, then the crop will fade away.
    I think it is how the anti gun people will get their way...they know they cannot take our guns away, but they might be able to control our ammo to the point of not being able to get it any more. The slow way takes time, but it is still a method of control.

13. Cleveland Brown

Cleveland Brown New Member

This political correctness is becoming a pain in the neck.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

I would comment further,but I tend to go political:)
    Check your PM box shortly.;)

15. SchwarzerHund

SchwarzerHund New Member

So those same Europeans who are pushing this no cropping of all dogs what-so-ever... don't seem to have any problem with male babies getting circumcised.

16. FredC

FredC Guest

Well here it is January 1st 2015 and the standard has not officially changed yet..nor a single published list of this supposed new standard can be found online... Do i smell a controversy?