Doberman Shenanigans, Fails, & Accidents (What are your stories?)

Shenanigans......

Yes well inspite of yesterday being woman's day, here in Johannesburg it was cancelled due to a lack of interest....

Not because it was womans day, but rather in-spite of it :(

See I had this marvellos mental picture of taking all three dogs up to the wild fields and letting them run to their hearts content, while I grilled a nice chunk of beef over a 1 man braai <barbecue> with a nice bean salad to go wih it.....

Ha!

The mercuary prummeted to a freezing 10 deg C <50 F> and the wind howled, rattling the shingles.....

So me.... I fired up the electric blanket, threw on a few more bed covers, left it up to my son to brave the elements and fight his way off to the local super-store and get me essential supplies as crisps / dip / coctail sausages / cheeze / cheese corn bites / gallons of coldrink and a whole mess of similar, and hunkered down witth two good books, Alone in the wilderness & Master mariner, and spent the day hunkered down on the bed with the dogs.....

But this is a doberman thread..... So waz all of that got to do with Dobies?

Yes, but I have to paint the backdrop to what happens next....

Well, see that gallons of coldrink..... Eventually that started to have it's effect and I was forced out of this warm cozy nest to go and have.......... Well......

I suppose it's polite enough to say.
....... A pee.....

So there's me standing over the loo.... My 60 year old stream doing it's best to impress me, and Grumble's head suddenly appears between my legs.....:ntmy::wtf::censored:

Yip ! She wanted to see what this was al-l-l-l-l-l-l about......

One small problem......

Before I could turn off this "impressive stream" I had going, she had shoveled her head just a wee bit too far.....

And for her enthusiasm, , got "streamed"......:lmao:

Woman's day

What can I say? It's a woman < my daughter in law> that cooks my meals, does my washing & iorning, cleans my dishes.... Brought my grandkids into this world and tends to their needs....

I absolutely take my hat off to her.... Nothing but <RESPECT> and that goes to each and every one of you ladies.

Unfortunately, I live in a country that is extriemely masogonistic, and for the most part, culturally, woman are seen by men as possessions, having paid "labola" <dowery> percieve them to be nothing more than possessions to do their every bidding....

I doubt we will see much in the way of change, for a very very long time to come...

To all the ladies here <on the forum> and everywhere else..... What else can I say but THANK YOU....:ty::ty::ty::ty:

Ok, so Grumble is hugely relieved.....

She REALLY started looking at me very funny after I stopped lifting her tail for the umpteenth time to look for the remains of her harness hanging outta her butt.....

I found the jolly thing, hanging over the back of my dining table chair, :ntmy: over which I had hung my old army field jacket which I use for dog training......

Don't know who was more relieved. me or her.................:lmao:

Grumbles get’s her first THA-WACK !:rp:

Walked past with her plastic dog dish to re-fill (they are the cheapest of the cheap, flat bottomed polypropylene basiney-bowley thingies, until she gets all her teeth and stops the chewing thing).....

And as I walked past her, she, <playfully, but hard > nipped the back of my leg.....:complain::censored::censored:

Now if any of you have ever owned a Doberman pup, you will know them milk teeth are about as blunt as brand new, super shiny Singer sewing machine needles..........

So in exchange, I whipped round and gave her a resounding THA-WACK her rump with the bottom of the food bowl...

Her face was priceless..... HUH? WADDA I DO? WADDA I DO?

She won’t be a-chewing up these darn 60 year-old turkey drumsticks again.....

Hi all. My Doberman Bubba likes to help me load the dishwasher (I call him the pre-wash cycle). One day, he was in there licking all the dishes when his collar got caught on the rack. He panicked and ran off, the entire lower rack of the dishwasher, full of dishes no less, attached to his collar. He proceeds to run in circles around the downstairs, dishes flying out everywhere, until I am able to grab the ass and remove the dishwasher rack from my dog. Good times.
I was watching America's Funniest Home Videos when I saw this one! I thought of you! I love at the end when you hear the mom say, "Really?" :spit:

Remember the nose story.....

This is what I woke up to yesterday.....

Now you fellas tell me, Is Scruffy keeping it close at hand or is this sisterly love.....:dontpanic:

View attachment 87472

Awwwwwwww. I am into my second week without my girl and I'm in serious Dobie withdrawals! Even miss the totally necessary two walk a day regime, and I thought I would enjoy the rest.

About that playful grab of the leg..............you ain't seen nothing yet, Dobershark will strike again, and again, and again. All playful on their side, but not so good for us! :pullhair: Just what they do and some worse than others. I think you might be lucky with Grumbles because by the time Jazz was this age my hands and arms were looking a bit like I'd wrestled a mad cat.

Yip.... At 60............. or is it 600 ?...

That's what it feels like anyway, my skin is not so tough anymore, and I'm noticing that I can start bleeding from relatively minor bumps and scrapes....

And my forearms sometimes look like I've been through WW II....

Wadda they say? Getting old ain't for sissies....

Shure as heck don't need puncture marks as well...

Why U without your girl?......... That's a bummer :thumbdown:

Yip.... At 60............. or is it 600 ?...

That's what it feels like anyway, my skin is not so tough anymore, and I'm noticing that I can start bleeding from relatively minor bumps and scrapes....

And my forearms sometimes look like I've been through WW II....

Wadda they say? Getting old ain't for sissies....

Shure as heck don't need puncture marks as well...

Why U without your girl?......... That's a bummer :thumbdown:

I am away with my very ill father and Jazz is having to have a couple of weeks in kennels. Bummer. Looks like I might be having her flown down here, (2,500km south of home), as Dad is unlikely to recover and I need to stay close. Originally planned to fly back and make the trip down by car with Jazz, but there isn't going to be time. Just one of those times when you have to do whatever it takes to get through. :down: Bright side is that there'll be one hell of a reunion at the airport when I pick her up!

So Jasmine, the pup who automatically protected me against that pervert and showed no fear at all not too long ago, is/was terrified of............flies. :rofl:

Jasmine loves chasing butterflies, dragonflies, and even the occasional bee, but when a fly came and started buzzing around her she became terrified and started cowering, huddling, and snapping at the air. I immediately went to open the door to take her inside from the rooftop and as soon as I opened the door she zoomed past like a bat outta hell with her nubbin tucked in tight. She went down half a flight of stairs before realizing she's scared of going down stairs (going up is perfectly fine) and stopped and procceded to freak out and cry and then look around crazily for any "scary" flies until I could get to her and pick her up to bring her into my apartment. :facepalm:

Once inside, Jasmine tore off in a panic to the couch and jumped on and then continued to panickly look around and cry. Then she jumped off (also scary for her as she hasn't figured out quite how to get down) and went into the guest room and jumped on the bed there and repeated what she did in the living room.

I, of course, followed and before I could even get to her she took off only to return to the living room again. I go back there too and quickly sit on the ground and she immediately jumps off the couch and basically doberdives into my lap hole (the hole when you sit with your legs crossed). After a few minutes of trying to calm Jasmine and failing, I picked her up and put her in her play pen. She immediately dives into her bed and continues to survey the ceilings. I decided to go in too and she leapt up to make space, so I sat in her bed and again she doberdived into my lap hole. Finally, after a few minutes she started to calm down.

Meanwhile I'm just shaking my head because, Really? A fly. A damn fly. :wtf: I know it's getting close to her 2nd fear imprintation period:complain:, so I knew I had to nip this in the bud. After Jasmine calmed down fully, I went and grabbed some of her boiled chicken(those are her ultimate good girl treats) and we head back upstairs. She was a bit scared/unsure, so when she came out, -boom- chicken piece given. When she finally wandered around -boom- another chicken piece given. Repeated until the chicken was gone (about 10 mins later), and she was completely fine and at ease outside again. :yatta:

Jasmine's mostly fine outside now going on a week later, but sometimes gets a quick crazy look in her eye and whips her head in the direction of where she thinks she might have heard the buzz of a fly, but it's gone in a millisecond. I'm sure she'll be 100% over it soon as she's back to almost her normal self, but just :wow:.

I go back there too and quickly sit on the ground and she immediately jumps off the couch and basically doberdives into my lap hole (the hole when you sit with your legs crossed).
What makes you think clarification was needed for the lap hole statement?:rofl::rofl:
I lost it when I read that. :spit:

Definitely 100% for the noncoddling method.

Jasmine's working her way through it slowly but she knows I'm there for her. She's always looking at me and there's a distinct difference between the "I'm watching my human to make sure she's alive and well" look/stare and the "I need reassurance this is/I'm okay /I'm a good girl" look.

Honestly, it's definitely way more of the "I'm watching my human to make sure she's alive and well" and exasperation or indignation looks with Jasmine. :rofl:

Rex and his friend decided it’d be a good idea to break into a large bag of garbage treats and eat them all. For the last two days they’ve both been leaking out their butts -_-

Not that embarrassing, however we’re going to a concert tonight with him. Hoping he doesn’t take a fat one on the ground in the middle of everybody.

Rex and his friend decided it’d be a good idea to break into a large bag of garbage treats and eat them all. For the last two days they’ve both been leaking out their butts -_-

Not that embarrassing, however we’re going to a concert tonight with him. Hoping he doesn’t take a fat one on the ground in the middle of everybody.
Oh no that really sucks!!
His stomach and poops have been so good too lately and I think of all the time and money you spent getting him on his regimen of raw.
These guys will eat everything except...pork uterus. I mixed some in their ground raw and they looked at me like WTF, walked away, then came back and gingerly picked out their ground meats with a look of please mom throw that sh*t away. Lol

Oh no that really sucks!!
His stomach and poops have been so good too lately and I think of all the time and money you spent getting him on his regimen of raw.
These guys will eat everything except...pork uterus. I mixed some in their ground raw and they looked at me like WTF, walked away, then came back and gingerly picked out their ground meats with a look of please mom throw that sh*t away. Lol

They’re starting to get slightly normal. He had a movement after dinner which was somewhat ish maybe? Formed lol. But it’s getting better. However, he didn’t have any accidents at the concert.

However I discovered a new issue. -__-

Back