Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Doberman Shenanigans, Fails, & Accidents (What are your stories?)

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Jasmine0430, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Jasmine0430

Jasmine0430 Jr Member

I'm finally over my mortification enough to post my story of what happened today.

So my next door neighbor in my building was moving out and their door was off the hinges to allow for easy moving, no big deal. I go to the rooftop as usual with Jasmine and she does her business and we start to play to get some of her energy out while it's still cool-ish (it's been blazing hot in Korea breaking previous record highs etc). Anyway when she's jumping to grab/catch her tug toy she gets a hold of my shirt by accident (that horrible puppy aim) and it basically rips almost in half horizontally right at my boobs when she comes down from the jump(shirt is like 8 years old).

So now my boobs are 100% exposed and of course I'm not wearing a bra so I had to cling her on to me like a puppy boob shield (thank god she's bigger now) so I could get back to my house without giving a free show to everyone.

Even with puppy boob shield in place I'm still thinking the movers and neighbor got a flash of boob as I rushed to put in the door code while holding the then squirming Jasmine (she wanted to say hi to them and get pet) and run inside.

What are some of your embarrassing or amusing stories with your dobies?

Here's a pic of Jasmine seconds after I gave her her release command to get her tug toy and my apparently predestined doomed fate. :flushed:

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 19
  2. Antman408

Antman408 $ Forum Donor $

I have a lifted truck, so I don’t like my little dude to jump in or out of it yet because it’s tall and I don’t want him to get hurt or hurt his growth plates. So I’ve taught him to “hug” which is basically he crawls on my shoulders and then mounts my waist with his lower legs. Basically carrying an infant.

Anyways, we go to a store and the asphalt is extremely hot and I forgot his booties. So I had to carry him from the truck to the entrance of the hardware store. As I was putting him down his leg slid between my waste and my underwear and shorts. I was wearing basketball shorts. Anyways, he pulled my shorts down exposing my pee pee and by butt. Lol

I actually have a lot more too. Like taking a poop in Macy’s in the cosmetics when the chicks were talking shit about me cropping his ears.

He nipped my testicles while we were playing and he missed his tug. I was wearing basketball shorts that time too lol.

I could go on and on.

• Funny Funny x 13
  3. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

When Bogie was around 7-8mo old he was laying down. I made the incredibly stupid mistake of leaning over him. He came up with a kinetic force and connected with my chin with his head.
    Time literally stood still as I tried to focus and keep from falling from the shock of impact. All that energy blew through my head like a jackhammer, breaking several teeth and my jaw. Spent 6wks with my jaw wired and had to have extensive dental work done.

NEVER EVER lean over a Doberman in the down position.

Another thing he does that I am fervently working on is his freaking jumping over the back of the couch if he hears the cat jump from his perch. He has gone from sitting next to me, to being airborne over the back of couch and his hind legs caught me in the face breaking my glasses. Now the ecollar stays on him and I keep the remote in my hand. It’s been an ongoing battle, so much so that I no longer allow him on the couch.
    He is a powerful dog and I have learned to respect that when he is in motion.

I have also learned that when they are running full speed toward you and you have nothing to safely and quickly hide behind, then STAND STILL and they will miss you by a hair’s width. If you move one iota you will be on the ground!

There are many stories, I have only touched on the ones that could be painful to you. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Empathetic Empathetic x 3
  4. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

A lot of this was not funny but I still had to lol. Totally agree on the standing still when they blast past you!

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Antman408

Antman408 $ Forum Donor $

I must have a broken Doberman. If I stand still I get knocked on my ass every time. I have to evade like a bullfighter or do the splits to avoid being murdered.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tropicalbri's

Now that’s just too funny!:rofl::rofl:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Jasmine0430

Jasmine0430 Jr Member

Same. If I don't get out of the way when Jasmine is charging I will be mowed over and then she'll come back around, stop, and pant right in my face which I 100% believe is her laughing at me to my face. Cheeky bint.

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. Jasmine0430

Jasmine0430 Jr Member

Please do. lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

Well shoot! I will have to think about this... My last boy gave me the WORST blackeye imaginable - @Tropicalbri's is right, don't lean over a Dobes head. The embarrassing part was on my boyfriend's part; people thought he'd done it and were very suspicious when I told them he hadn't!

IMG_1877.JPG
    IMG_2064.JPG

• Wow x 10
    • Empathetic Empathetic x 3
  10. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Hans has never actually embarrassed me, but he's had his own share of fails like the time he walked out on a dock with insufficient flotation and wound up in the water. Hans can't swim. The shore was 8' away and he had no concept of going to shore. He clung piteously to the sinking dock until I came to rescue him getting saturated in the process. I'm sure his hind feet were touching bottom the whole time.

• Funny Funny x 10
  11. Tropicalbri's

This it’s both funny and sad. Poor Hans, that had to scare him.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Jasmine0430

Jasmine0430 Jr Member

Omg I can already imagine the judging looks people gave and the "yeah right, the dog did it" looks. Yes, people learn really fast not to lean over a dobes head. I've had a few close encounters. Reading everyone's stories has further instilled in me that I need to avoid leaning over Jasmine's head even more.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. Jasmine0430

Jasmine0430 Jr Member

Poor Hans, but I couldn't help but laugh. I can see clearly in my mind the huge eyes and terrified look that he would have as he's flailing in the water.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Jasmine0430

Jasmine0430 Jr Member

Holy moly. 6 weeks of a wired jaw and broken teeth? I bet solid food was like a party in your mouth after you got the okay to eat solid foods again.

My jaw hurts reading your post again now that I'm fully awake.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Around age 1, Kaiser developed a new behavior. He was on the deck with us and someone pulled her chair out away from the table just to relax. We never allow him on furniture or in our laps, so we were surprised when he suddenly got into her lap. So she is sitting and his hind legs are still on the ground but his front half is in her lap. He's never done this with us but obviously it was bad manners, so we had to teach him to wait to be invited. My hb worked on it and he wanted to show it off to me. Well, Kaiser nailed him right in the you know what :spit:

The command is now fine. But my hb always takes a deep breath before, and gives a sigh of relief after :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 7
  16. Jasmine0430

Jasmine0430 Jr Member

Ahahahaha I laughed so loudly that I just woke Jasmine up. She's now glaring at me.

Jasmine also does this half up half down thing as she's not allowed on furniture

If I were a man clobbered in my noogies before I'd also be weary and breathe a huge sigh once safe too. Dobes heads are basically made of steel they're all so rock hard.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Well... ...Since you asked: (And by the way, that is quite the tale of the boob-exposing Doberman) Here is what happened one day, years ago, with my first Dobe:

I had come home from my overnight, 12-hour shift at my job. My Dobe had been at home. After letting him out to potty, we came back in and I set about taking a shower. Well, actually it happened that I needed to go potty myself. Let's just say I left something significant in the toilet. I did not flush because it would adversely affect the shower. So I proceeded to shower. When I got out, what do you think I discovered?

There was nothing significant left in the toilet and there were drops of water on the seat and the floor around the toilet.

:sick: :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Wow x 2
  18. Jasmine0430

Jasmine0430 Jr Member

Now that it's behind me it is hilarious when thinking about it noe, but was 100% awful at the time.

Oh my goodness. I cannot imagine the horror of discovering your significant toilet "gift" was gone and knowing what probably happened to it. :green::eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Now that's a strong bond :spit:

What was HIS next poop like :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 6
  20. Tropicalbri's

Good thing he missed your tug too. :D

• Funny Funny x 6