
He says so far including the cost of the coupe kit and those two birds they're in it about 250 bucks.The coupe was 200.

Until then the dogs are on leash and supervised if outside.


I came to post some progress pics... I sent believe how quickly they grow!

Love the chicken coup!! Very nice! And Mother Clucker is hysterical!!!
How's hubby doing??
Where are you keeping the chicks now?
) but I will be enclosing mistys old crate and moving them in there in the next few days since the tote is going to be too small soon!
View attachment 60499
We got a new baby Saturday... She is a sexlink PA black (local hybrid) and will lay blue eggs. She's supposed to be the same age as the other chicks but she's much smaller. Doing very well though! They're all getting along great! I also moved them to mistys old wire crate which gave them much more space. Just put it a nice size stick I found outside after the storm last night for a roost and they're loving that too. We've been having them eat from our hands and playing with them daily but they still seem awfully shy. Anytime we open the door and/or reach in they scatter and hide in the back corners :-(
Glad to hear it's going well. The stick is a great idea that I forgot to mention. Just keep at trying to get used to people, they'll probably come around. Some are just more people friendly than others. It will pay off when they start laying.
here's my current setup. The stick is up off the ground... I poked holes in the cardboard to raise it up a little bit. The silkies especially LOVE to dig in the shavings. Theyre always throwing it all over the place! They knocked the water over twice (in one day),so I found something bigger to set it on (so they don't fill that with shavings too!) I'm hoping it's sturdy enough that they can't knock this over too...View attachment 60500 here's my current setup. The stick is up off the ground... I poked holes in the cardboard to raise it up a little bit. The silkies especially LOVE to dig in the shavings. Theyre always throwing it all over the place! They knocked the water over twice (in one day),so I found something bigger to set it on (so they don't fill that with shavings too!) I'm hoping it's sturdy enough that they can't knock this over too...
He actually loves them. He baby talks them and all!
Funny how we can win over these guys with something cute!! LOL!That is so cool! Just puts a big smile on my face to think about that! LOL So darn cute!I make special treats for mine and they know it. They see me coming with a bowl in my hand and they start jumping for it. Yesterday it was warm so I made a concoction with apples, bananas some chopped up spinach and some ground up egg shells all mixed up in some yogurt and they went crazy. They were jumping all over the place trying to get it.
My girls have been busy in the laying department. I had to make deliveries to the neighbors and they were all happy to see me coming.
Wow, blue eggs? You won't even have to color them for Easter!You got yourself a brood now!!
So cute!!
Maybe try putting the water in the corner and zip tie it loose enough you can push the zip tie up to get the bottle out to fill it but tight enough they can't knock it over.
Don't worry about bonding with them. They are still very small and afraid of everything because they are so susceptible. They'll get bigger and gain more confidence with size.
I make special treats for mine and they know it. They see me coming with a bowl in my hand and they start jumping for it. Yesterday it was warm so I made a concoction with apples, bananas some chopped up spinach and some ground up egg shells all mixed up in some yogurt and they went crazy. They were jumping all over the place trying to get it.
My girls have been busy in the laying department. I had to make deliveries to the neighbors and they were all happy to see me coming.
they do come running once I put my hand in with a handful of feed to let them eat out of my palm.
LOL, they're even selling brown eggs in the stores now and charging a lot more for them.I offered him some eggs and he said no thanks because eggs are supposed to be white.
As they should........I mean,...........their 'designer eggs', aren't they?LOL, they're even selling brown eggs in the stores now and charging a lot more for them.![]()



