Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Featured American VS European Doberman

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by FredC, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Benchmark-K9

Benchmark-K9 Notable member

Dennissov is your girl a Fedor Del Nasi pup? I know someone who has a Fedor daughter and your Gemma looks JUST like his Athena...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Denissov43

Denissov43 Notable member

Hello Benchmark! Gemma is NOT a Fedor child at all. NO Fedor in her at all, but there is Baron Nike Renewel...
    she is a Teraline Midgard Daugther and she looks just like him too! Sergius Alexandrija Magia Manon and Teraline Midgard.
    Those are the two top Russian Kennels and she was bred at Pride of Russia kennels.. another TOP russian kennel.
    In fact I have the ONLY Pride of Russia puppy that I am aware of in the USA at all! She was the first puppy they exported to the USA last May! She is a very DOGGY bitch, and I love that about her!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pitts

Pitts Hot Topics Subscriber

some pics of my euro male working some obedience for his BH title try the end of this month.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  4. OhioJoe

OhioJoe Notable member

downsized_1010001202.jpg Here's a picture of Zeke's ears taped. I can show you how to do this.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Benchmark-K9

WOW OhioJoe Zeke looks sooo much like my friend's pup Levi it isn't funny...

6. OhioJoe

OhioJoe Notable member

His sire is Pierce Patrick OD Telepa.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Benchmark-K9

This is Levi, it was his very first time stacking so no criticism please lol, your Zeke just reminds me so much of Levi I had to share... and to the OP, Levi is 50% Euro lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. OhioJoe

OhioJoe Notable member

WOW he does look like Zeke. Zeke is now 28" and 82 lbs at the befginning of the

9. hexi99

hexi99 Active Member

wow all your dogs are beautiful! my hexi is 26 1/2 inches tall and about 81lbs. she is 16 months 12 days old she has really filled out in the last few months. she is a very active dog and likes to play with toys by herself and she does a good job of entertaining herself for hours its quite funny.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Wolfgirl_121

Wolfgirl_121 Hot Topics Subscriber

I love the way a Euro stacks... I hope my boy (whome I'm planning on getting in the next few years:fingersx:) will be from Euro lines... but it all depends on what I end up training. I'm thnking K-9 or S&R. For K-9 I would go with Euro because of their GREAT working abilities and if I went S&R it would depend on the parents for temperment and abilities. Right now My 6month, 3week old mix is 21 inches and 43lbs. :D

11. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

Dale - it is a sad testament to the Doberman that we have followed the suite of the GSD and other breeds who have lost much of their working abilities. It is the biggest problem with focusing on only ONE aspect of the dog. The GSD already feel that they have 2 distinct breeds of dog and I fear the Doberman is not much better off.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DreamValley

DreamValley Well-Known Member

Pitts great pictures of your working boy! He looks so focused.
    It's pleasure to see Dobermans competing with GSD. I kinda enjoy the look GSD gave to your boy :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. rsmith

rsmith Novitiate

I prefer European because it's more muscular, powerful, stronger and longer heads, with that proud dobe’s expression.

14. JoeynZoey

JoeynZoey Jr Member

This was a very good thread as I have also wondered about the differences between euro and American dobermans. From my little research into this subject it does seem that the euro dobermans are more of a working stock as opposed towards most American dobermans. Just as with the differences with the German shepherd breed.

15. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

Maryann, you got some pic's of Hexi from right now. 26.5" and 81 lbs sounds a lot of weight for that height. Aesas is 26.5 and weights 68.5 lbs, Apollo is 29.5" and weights 88lbs

16. Denissov43

Denissov43 Notable member

Your Hexi is built much like Gemma Rose... She is 26" tall and 84 lbs most of the time... She is about 91 now but once again she is in a false pregnancy and has gained another 7 lbs in a month. She has done this once before and so I am now pretty sure it will happen every time. She is also 17 months old...
    Please post photos of her? I would love to see her! She has massive bone I am sure and much of her weight is attributed to that! Gemma's bone is twice that of NA dog her same size. She was at the AKC Specialty in March and she stood next to a NA red female who was about 25" at shoulder and probably weighed about 65 lbs.. she was a waif in bone structure compared to Gemma! There is such a huge difference in skeletal structure in many European lines.. mainly the Russians and the Italians. Gemma is ALL Russian Bloodlines and they run very large indeed. Most Russian bitches are around 80-90 lbs and most Russian Males are 90-100++ just such massive bone... which is personally what I love about them! :dance::thumbsup:

17. StarlightDobe

StarlightDobe Hot Topics Subscriber

I am somewhat confused, as I have a little female, which I am almost positive is an American bred, and she has so much energy I swear she is related to the Energizer bunny. She is almost non stop all day, and if I dont find ways to occupy her, she will do it herself, most of the time to my dismay. I also have a little 4 mo female who is calmer, and has European breeding. She is a cuddler, and is content to be anywhere I am. The younger one will play but at any point I can take her by me, lay her down and she would be content to stay there whereas the older one would stay for a minute and want to be off again. Is this not a common trait? I have heard a few times that the Eurpopean bred Dobes have the calmer temperaments, but lately I have read a couple times that the American bred are the more sedate of the two.

18. DreamValley

I found European Dobermans are calmer and ready to work non-stop. NA Dobermans like to run non-stop and it's difficult to stop them.
    That's my experience but I am sure you can find calmer dogs on both sides of Atlantic.

It depends on the breeding a lot. If a breeder does temperament tests pups will have great personalities.

• Like Like x 1
  19. StarlightDobe

StarlightDobe Hot Topics Subscriber

I wish I had gotten a pedigree on Mysti now, so I would know for sure what lines she had, I could almost swear she had European lines because of her build and temperament, she was always so easy to work with and eager to learn, and she would watch us all the time, that little stinker learned how to open several different trash cans, we were always getting new ones only to have her figure them out. We finally found one with a locking lid! She got her CGC and Therapy Dog certification at 15 months, but was always learning new stuff almost up to the end. I suppose it wouldnt be too hard to find all of her pedigree, I already have half of it through the sire. Nexus is stubborn, very headstrong and only wants to do what she wants, I have a hard time getting her to hold her attention on what I want her to do. She is good for about 5-10 minutes then she is off track, and wanting to do anything else. She's 14 months now, and I expected her to be more focused by now.

20. DreamValley

Some dogs mature slowly. Keep working on her and you will have a good dog ;)