Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Featured American VS European Doberman

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by FredC, Aug 29, 2010.

1. BamMoMoMommy

BamMoMoMommy $ Premium Subscriber $ $ Forum Donor $

Bumping this thread with a question..and possibly more to come. Until about two years ago..I'd never heard the term "North American" in relation to the breed....I knew the term Euro. We know Mo's line...we know Mo is Euro.

Bam was a byb save. Pics I am adding were taken right after we got him home..a little over 11 months old. Can any one have a look and give an estimation of either Euro or NA?

We are waiting on DNA results....any tips on what to look for in the test results related to the breed? I won't be surprised if it doesn't come back 100% Doberman...but we won't tell him ain't a purebred...he'd never believe us anyway;)

Bam stand.jpg Bamplant.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

He looks like more NA than Euro but he may be a combo of both.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

In those pics, his markings look pretty rich rust color. That is the only trait at this point that stands out to me as Euro.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

That’s why I was thinking a blend of both.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

That’s a pretty Red right there.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  6. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

Looks mostly NA to me with build and head. Don’t take much stock in the color because I have seen some really dark mahogany with dark rust markings in both NA and Euro lines.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Honestly people ask this all the time and without papers, you cant really ever know. Like DG mentioned about the coloring, theres NA dobermans with rich coloring and Euro dobes that are slender... There are breeders that use NA and Euro stock. Its fun to guess though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. BamMoMoMommy

Thanks all for adding your thoughts. I don't care what he is....really don't. I'm asking for the "What is that? Can I touch that? Why is that, that color? How come...and on and on...five year old...that is still alive and well in my head:laughing:

Also it has to do with trying to explain the difference between Mo and Bam's difference in stance and stature.

People stop us when we are out with our "Mutt and Jeff" and have all kinds of questions about them, we always take the chance to educate people about the breed.... so people aren't so ignorant/scared of the breed.

I have been explaining it as irresponsible breeding...and some of it is....but the more I am reading about the NA group, looking at pictures....the more I am starting to understand his stature isn't all the by product of byb breeding. It would be nice to have some solid info when we do talk to people about the guys.

All NA....a mix of NA/Euro....I don't care what Bam is...I know what he is to us.

The topic seems to be a hot button issues sometimes...I understand why...we are passionate about the breed....and if you have passion...you should have knowledge about the thing you are passionate about....and I really do appreciate everyone helping e learn more about the wild child and his adopted chill--- "alright, alright, alright"--older brother.

What had me chuckling a lot as I read thru the thread....when it comes to nature...Mo has more of a NA nature and Bam has that Euro..energizer bunny thing...ON STEROIDS:facepalm::rofl:...going on.

Things that make ya go hhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm;)

(Edit to add meant to get the pic below in this post....pic posting is not my friend!!)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  9. BamMoMoMommy

breeding.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  10. BamMoMoMommy

Thank ya.:grinning: We think so..but we hear
    "Somebody lied to you....that's not a doberman" kinda comments...often...LOL.

The only folks who go
    "OH A Red!" are people who know the breed up close and personal!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Yup.

Those are the same jackholes that come up to Ragnar and tell him to sit and down. Ragnar will look at them with the most stupidest expression of “I don’t speak your language”.....

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. BamMoMoMommy

Bingo..and that kind's kin ...the ones who say, in some form..while looking at Mo
    "That's a big dog....but I would love to have a warlock....I can tell he isn't a warlock"
    I ask
    "Oh? How can you tell?"
    Them
    "He's the wrong color....warlocks are always black"

We count to ten...then have a polite.... but.... blunt "Come to Jesus" convo with "them" about the warlock myth.

(Unless I am in a pissy mood or didn't like the tone used....in that case..I tell em
    "No you are right...he isn't a warlock...if he was..... I'd be making him use his magic powers so I could eat like I used to as a teen and not have to get out the pliers to zip my jeans".)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Wow x 1
  13. crypticintent

crypticintent Hot Topics Subscriber

Crop a Rottweiler, instant warlock!

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. BamMoMoMommy

AWWWWWEEE SUNNYDUHBEACH.....coffee right out my nose!!!!!:spit:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Oh Little Oji

DobePeeOnRottie.JPG

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Oh Little Oji

Ha! Since I have not seen any replies to my pic for about a day, I think I should give a disclaimer that it was posted in fun. That is something I drew years ago. I don't really have anything against Rottweilers. I appreciate a good one.

17. BamMoMoMommy

LOL....I missed it.

I have been doing so much reading on site, I don't always pay attention to my alerts, I tend to flick it to get the red notice to go away. My brain feels like a pinball machine on full tilt with the reading an note taking I have been doing!!

Now that I see it..it made me chuckle.

Since we have three different types of breed lovers in our kids....our family texts tend to turn into silly/funny/hey wait thems fightin words!! my breed is better/smarter/etc etc etc ....than yours is!!" insanity. It's all in fun....and we have to keep in mind....that's what it is..silly fun.

On a side note...you got some serious artistic skills!!

• Like Like x 2