Won't stop marking... Need advice

Sorry for all of the questions. It's been 10 years since I've had to do the large dog puppy training thing
That's never a problem to ask questions. :)
Sometimes it can make them a little sick after shots or she could have a UTI.

She may have a UTI. My girl had a slight one when we got her and she dribbled a bit. She may also just be excited, many times their urinary muscles are still under developed and it gets better with age.
We just came from the vet yesterday she was all cleared no more uti she was on antibiotics for 20 days ( 2rounds) maybe she was excited but it was still really odd she wasn't playing just walked over him did her thing and walked away. Smh I guess I may never know.
That's never a problem to ask questions. :)
Sometimes it can make them a little sick after shots or she could have a UTI.
I really hope so it seems like things start to calm down and get better and then wham something else happens lol

Never had an issue with the dog peeing on my cat. My red boy did pee on the white poodle that lived next door through the fence.

Gracie once got sick and hurled on the cat. Was not a pretty picture trying to catch the cat and wash it. Cat had never had a bath before....torpedo with claws comes to mind. After that if Gracie even gagged just a little the cat was airborne. Lol

Never had an issue with the dog peeing on my cat. My red boy did pee on the white poodle that lived next door through the fence.

Gracie once got sick and hurled on the cat. Was not a pretty picture trying to catch the cat and wash it. Cat had never had a bath before....torpedo with claws comes to mind. After that if Gracie even gagged just a little the cat was airborne. Lol
We were at the vets yesterday they said uti was all cleared but I guess you never know, I guess it's another vet visit for us, I think I'll wait until monday tho just to make sure it's not a reaction from her needles yesterday. I've never heard of a dog puking on a cat I'm sure that would have been interesting for sure

We were at the vets yesterday they said uti was all cleared but I guess you never know, I guess it's another vet visit for us, I think I'll wait until monday tho just to make sure it's not a reaction from her needles yesterday
My female pup had a UTI when I first got her at 8wks. She has had puppy vaginitis but vet said it should clear up after her first heat cycle.

A UTI can cause puppy vaginitis, also bacteria, yeast can be cause it as well.

If she has vaginitis you will most likely see a yellowish mucosy discharge.

Not that I'm aware of, she likes to stand above our other dog, the cat and my daughter when they are on the floor playing I didn't think anything of it until I noticed when she went over my cat she left less than half a teaspoon of urine on his back. He's a very laid back cat. She got her 2nd shots yesterday and we had a problem the day after her first shots where she started peeing on her bed which was out of character for a few days after. Then today she's had 2 accidents have you ever heard of this before. Sorry for all of the questions. It's been 10 years since I've had to do the large dog puppy training thing
Your young pup likes to stand over animals and people? That young, I'm not sure if it's definable but there's a chance you have a dominant Dobe. Whether or not you do, I would not let her stand over any human in the family.

My young male Dobe is sort of well, a different kind of guy (but don't they all have their quirks?) I found that at the dog park (a place we don't go all that often, but I needed a way to get him socialized for free) he would sometimes just lift a leg and pee on other dogs. On one occasion there was a dominant female who had been humping other dogs of both sexes. She hadn't mounted mine, but she had just gotten done being dominant with another dog, then had a brief spat of play with mine. They both then stood still by each other for a few seconds. Then mine calmly rotates around into position and pees right in her face.

He has also peed on people's legs a couple times. This, I call him down for immediately and try to avoid.

So, anyway, it can be a dominant thing. My male is weird, in that he seems to have for some reason had a fear of other dogs – especially large ones. At the same time, he displays this dominant behavior, and the way he reacts when he's (in my mind) scared of another dog is to go crazy snappy face at them aggressively.

Not to make this about my Dobe. Hope you gained something from my typing. :D

Your young pup likes to stand over animals and people? That young, I'm not sure if it's definable but there's a chance you have a dominant Dobe. Whether or not you do, I would not let her stand over any human in the family.

My young male Dobe is sort of well, a different kind of guy (but don't they all have their quirks?) I found that at the dog park (a place we don't go all that often, but I needed a way to get him socialized for free) he would sometimes just lift a leg and pee on other dogs. On one occasion there was a dominant female who had been humping other dogs of both sexes. She hadn't mounted mine, but she had just gotten done being dominant with another dog, then had a brief spat of play with mine. They both then stood still by each other for a few seconds. Then mine calmly rotates around into position and pees right in her face.

He has also peed on people's legs a couple times. This, I call him down for immediately and try to avoid.

So, anyway, it can be a dominant thing. My male is weird, in that he seems to have for some reason had a fear of other dogs – especially large ones. At the same time, he displays this dominant behavior, and the way he reacts when he's (in my mind) scared of another dog is to go crazy snappy face at them aggressively.

Not to make this about my Dobe. Hope you gained something from my typing. :D
Yes I tell her no immediately and move her off of my daughter, she is very sweet but I can definitely notice that she tries to stand over my 5lbs pup alot kinda rubbing her crotch on her back, they love each other but are very jealous of each other. She has a very stuborn demenor so I have her in puppy classes right now and I'm working on her vigilantly to train the stuborn out of her. And your guy sounds like quite a character. Btw my daughter is 20months old and an Elmira of sorts she doesn't let the puppy get away with crap lol thank you I swear I thought I was going crazy, only cause I seen her do it with my own eyes. Had I known she was going to mark him I would have interfered

After that if Gracie even gagged just a little the cat was airborne. Lol
:lmao: I about chocked on my morning coffee with that! LOL!!

I was thinking the same thing. Dominance and not letting her do it to a child. Or adult for that matter. But... I will say, I've seen Buddy look like he's doing that at times,when in reality, what he's doing is his 'velcro' thang! lol It's just that they are low on the floor and he's standing and trying to shimmy up to them. :D Sometimes you end up with a butt in your face. :wideyed: These days I don't get on the floor very often. :rolleyes: But I've had him get so close to me that I have to push him away to get up....but close enough that I can use him for a brace! :whistle: LOL

:lmao: I about chocked on my morning coffee with that! LOL!!

I was thinking the same thing. Dominance and not letting her do it to a child. Or adult for that matter. But... I will say, I've seen Buddy look like he's doing that at times,when in reality, what he's doing is his 'velcro' thang! lol It's just that they are low on the floor and he's standing and trying to shimmy up to them. :D Sometimes you end up with a butt in your face. :wideyed: These days I don't get on the floor very often. :rolleyes: But I've had him get so close to me that I have to push him away to get up....but close enough that I can use him for a brace! :whistle: LOL
Yes thank you we are definitely working on it she is already in training and we are quick to correct the behavior so it seems to be helping :)

Back