Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

[USA] List of 75 Banned or Restricted Dogs

Discussion in 'Breed Specific Legislation' started by FredC, Jul 24, 2009.

1. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

What?? Where are you talking about? I don't want to go; I just want to know where to avoid. Are you talking about here on DCF? Just hearing this second hand makes my anxiety level skyrocket! My God! I can barely stand Animal Planet and what you are talking about just sickens me too. And there BETTER be justice for that!!! :mad:

• Like Like x 2
  2. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

See i was about to ask the same thing MB, lol

Dela waht are you talking about in you post?? And yes there is a special place in hell for people like that. I completely agree.

Lord - Chris is right, we all have our own opinions about things but we all will get it out of our systems and move on. Debates are a good way to learn things and then we all laugh and get along later, I love this place :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. duffeesgrl78

duffeesgrl78 Novitiate

My doberboy is almost 100 # and he is a LOVING dog to everyone. I have recently come up with an idea to get around the system. I will buy him a service dog vest, and start really socializing him alot more, so that people can see first hand what a sweety he is. I may be going through a divorce shortly and I am NOT letting someone tell me I cannot have my baby. So I am going to play the
    "Americans with Disabilities" act. I do have anxiety, and I also have a very handicapped sister. I can have my Dr. write me a script saying that its in my best interest to have my companion. And by LAW they can not discriminate against ANY breed, Or ANY SIZE. I could even take him into an apt if I had too. So thing obout this. You train your dog in obediance, get them used to all situations, and you throw a therapy dog vest on him, and let those Mother-F-ers TRY to take OUR four legged family members :protestsign:

4. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

i wont say much about that, but i think thats the wrong way to go, if you wanna train your dog as therapie dog then do so, but don't use the vest, just because and to go around the law. You will punish people what really need a service dog and working hard to get there dogs through that training.

But to miss use ( is that even a word lol ) and hide behind the service dog, its wrong.
    I'm sure other can put it better in words, then i do right now, but what i read just makes me very upset.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sisko

Sisko Novitiate

Upsets me too. We who are disabled have Americans with Disabilities Act to protect us. I am one disabled person who takes one or both of my Dobermans everywhere with me. Everywhere. No vest, no show, no drama, no attitude.
    I would hate to find myself losing that right one day due to some persons using it to make a personal statement. At the very least usurping that right leaves us, who are already harassed by our bodies to be harassed by the public and required to prove ourselves. Not really fair.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

OMG I just read this from Tye saying Dogs should not be HA but she breeds them!!! Talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DoberBob

DoberBob New Member

CATAHOULA LEOPARD??? Those are friendly. PUG What is going on here REALLY a PUG??? Next on the list Chihuahua and maltese we all know how aggressive they can be.

8. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Check out #45,Golden retriever?wtf?
    Maybe it would be easier for them to make a list of the 3-4 breeds of dog someone CAN own?

9. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

Actually, small dogs can be quite aggressive. A theory is that their owners assume because they are small they don't need training or won't hurt anyone so they are allowed to run wild. The only dog I've been bitten by was a Beagle. Just goes to show you why these breed bans don't work.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jaysen

Jaysen New Member

I am glad the list isn't from Ohio..........It would be a shame for none of us to be able to own a dog. Many of my friends, and myself are hunters..........There would be one heck of a revolt here! I put my Lab to sleep recently which prompted us getting the dobe. That dog was my best friend. Before I got married of course (in case she reads this.) :) Sad that humans cause such pain, not only for dogs, but every living being there is.
    Good night all. Fingers crossed for no potty break at 3am.

11. Jaysen

Jaysen New Member

p.s. I don't really hunt anymore, but I plan on training Brady to do agility or something. I know he isn't a hunting dog, but I will work hard to make him my best pal! After his obedience classes I want to get him involved in something..........I am told Dobes like JOBS and to stay mentally exercised. I am looking forward to seeing what he enjoys and letting him at it. Ok Now officially good evening. I have a fireplace, la-z-boy and television calling my name..........quite possibly a beverage too. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jaysen

Jaysen New Member

My kids had a guinea pig, and we have lovebirds now. They both bit me or bite me more than any dog I have ever owned or been around! Down with guinea pigs!! My fish swim around in their own poo! NO MORE FISH AS PETS! The dogs go outside at least! I think the only animals you can develop a true trusting relationship with are dogs. Seems strange that the animals people develop the best relationships with are the same ones being outlawed. Have a great day all! :)

13. Jaysen

Jaysen New Member

FUNNY! I just realized how old this thread was. I am a newbie............sorry.

14. Sosthenes

Sosthenes Distinguished Member Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

The reason why these animals are killed is because you can't tax an animal. The punishment for the human owners is always a light sentence so that the owner can continue to pay taxes. It is that the government is corrupt and that brings corruption to a very large group of people. In my opinion, the first offense of dog fighting should be 1 year in prison. Second offense is 5 years in prison. After that it is life. Judges would have no options on sentencing a butcher. All animals in this category would have to be altered. Never to be bred. Am I a hard ass? You bet. I have had the occasion to shut down dog fight gaming in Kentucky. Same with cock fighting. Sissy animal hating judges always gave light sentences causing me to have to shut down the fighting again and again. If the government were not so corrupt, perhaps the people would behave differently?

• Like Like x 1
  15. oliver_lawrence

oliver_lawrence New Member

I am going to Hilton Head Island. By the way this thing about Europe is not correct. Big dogs have to have a muzzle and always be on lease, and also pet shops are not supposed to sell this breeds but u can buy own and breed if u r private

16. FredC

FredC Guest

This list is old and almost certainly outdated but im pretty sure it wasnt referencing Europe in any way..I did update the title to reflect this is an American ban list. Its also possible i misunderstood your post in reference to European restrictions.