1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Trying to do right by Moon

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by CalamitysHuckleberry, Jul 20, 2013.

1. CalamitysHuckleberry

CalamitysHuckleberry Notable member

Lyn is amazing!

Moon might or might not have gotten to play a little with Nexus and Bella and there may or may not be a video of it;)

• Like Like x 6
  2. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Awww.... :( Look at her ribs sticking up in that picture of her on the couch! I can't believe they couldn't even be bothered to give her a meal before she was taken even though her lack of nourishment clearly shows.

• Like Like x 4
  3. CalamitysHuckleberry

:pt::pt:Moon is on her way to Chicago to stay the night with a wonderful blue dobe and a puppy GSD. Then there will be a "Moon Landing" tomorrow when I pick her up in Madison, WI!
    :welcome:

• Like Like x 5
  4. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Almost home!!

• Like Like x 3
  5. StarlightDobe

StarlightDobe Hot Topics Subscriber

I am so happy to have been a part of this wonderful adventure. It was so hard to turn her over to Emily in Illinios but she is going to a great home and will get so much love along the way and once she gets there. I have alot of photos and videos that I am going to try to upload, and I will share them as soon as I get them all ready.

Yes Moon did get to play with both my girls and I was totally shocked that Nexus was trying to entice her to play, my girl never wants to play with anyone but Bella so this was awesome on many levels!

• Like Like x 8
  6. MyBuddy

@StarlightDobe *high five and a huge thank you for all your help! :bump::ty:

• Like Like x 6
  7. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

@StarlightDobe
    @CalamitysHuckleberry

You two are awesome!As are the others involved with this.
    Karma holds major rewards for those like you.
    She's such a pretty girl even skinny.I know you're going to get her healthy both physically and mentally.It has to be a very confusing time for her right now.Its good to know her world will be settling down into a good life she deserves.
    The world needs more people like yourselves in it.

• Like Like x 6
  8. StarlightDobe

It feels good to be able to help with something like this. I am so happy Moon will be i na good home with the love and care she deserves.

• Like Like x 6
  9. ZeldaRules

ZeldaRules Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm surprised to hear about how her health has been treated in her VA home :( I don't have a job at all right now due to school and I still make sure my 2 dogs are taken care of before me. Glad she's on the road to where she belongs now.

• Like Like x 5
  10. StarlightDobe

Update from Chris, she has Moon and is on her way back home, should be there in about 5 hrs. Moon is almost home!!!

• Like Like x 7
  11. swillia2

swillia2 Hot Topics Subscriber

[​IMG]
    StarlightDobeAddicted Member
    Hot Topics Subscriber

New
    Update from Chris, she has Moon and is on her way back home, should be there in about 5 hrs. Moon is almost home!!!
    33 minutes agoReport
    LikeComment
    Ingrid H likes this.

Bless can't wait for the updates ! At last a happy ending for the little girl !

• Like Like x 3
  12. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

This has been such a journey to see come together and the team work here has been fantastic! Thanks to all of you for making sure this special girl was able to get out of the poor situation and move on to a great life she's always deserved!

I joined the FB group and all of the people there are super nice. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Judith

Judith Hot Topics Subscriber

Just waiting for the Moon landing:dance:

• Like Like x 2
  14. StarlightDobe

Moon has arrived safe and happy and no worse for the wear! She traveled like a champ and has been spoiled on every leg of her trip. She will be going to the vet Monday with Chris, and she will be given worming meds just to make sure there are no worms! I am sure Chris will post as soon as they are rested up from the trip and let everyone know how her homecoming went. This has been one hell of a week, and a HUGE thank you to all the people who made this happen!!

• Like Like x 8
  15. CalamitysHuckleberry

Sorry it took me a min to keep y'all posted.

We got home last night and I spent the night with Moon away from the Originals. Although the CalamaBerrys knew she was in the house and did a lot of barking and grumbling.

This morning we allowed some limiting interaction via the crate.
    Huck had the toughest time. He agressed the cage a bit.
    Calamity let her know she was queen bee, Moon agreed and turned her back to her. Both soon went to sleep (Moon in crate, Calamity on the bed) ignoring each other.

We did this for a few mins and now I'm hanging with the originals while the lover girl has some alone time in the room.
    She more of a cuddle butt than Calamity, which is saying a lot!

She easily attaches and is so difficult yo unattached right now you would think she was doing unleashed heeling.

She is soo sweet!

Thank you everyone for your support and I will keep updating. Now it's time for her second of four feelings for the day and a little one in one.

• Like Like x 11
  16. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm glad it all went well and it sounds like you had it well planned out ahead of time. I bet she's so happy to be settled in somewhere and not having to travel anymore!

• Like Like x 3
  17. CalamitysHuckleberry

I need so need to proofread before I post.

Four FEEDINGS a day and a little one ON one. We actually took a four hour nap, lol.

I have a few videos but it won't let me upload them.
    Saying it doesn't have an allowed extension.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Luvmydoberman

Luvmydoberman Hot Topics Subscriber

Awww! Sounds like things are going really well. I'm glad things went so smoothly. She looks like such a sweet dog, she deserves a great home with someone who cares so much about her like you. :)

• Like Like x 3
  19. MyBuddy

:woot::woot: Glad to hear you are all home safe and sound! Great job all the way around!!

• Like Like x 2
  20. CalamitysHuckleberry

Pictures!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Moon above. Huck and Moon below
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8