1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Tragic news.... Boris

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by JanS, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Sandiino1

Sandiino1 Member

Wow Fred that was really sad made me cry and also to be happy I have 1 of his puppies. Jan I posted The Spirit of the Dog for you and Boris in the memorials thread it just seemed to fit not sure if you have got that far to read those but anyway I'm so glad you didn't take down Boris PitaPata . And Della that picture wow the poor girl I feel so bad for her too...

• Like Like x 1
  2. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

That brought the tears again this morning. I think dealing with our own terrible sadness is bad enough, but watching the animals left behind can be so heart wrenching. But it's all part of the 'process' and I know they need to mourn too. Some people feel animals don't have feelings but they do and she is just as confused and sad as we are. It will take some time and everyone heals at their own pace. When my first Doberman died, I was like Von, couldn't look at his folder of pictures for over a year or more. I still have trouble! It takes a time and we will always miss them, but they are in our hearts forever.
    "Love can build a bridge,
    Between your heart and mine"

• Like Like x 5
  3. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Fred, when you're ready, I'd really love to see your memorial for Daemon. I know just how hard it's been and still is, but when you do feel the time is right, I think it would be very comforting to me as well.

I have decided to move this over to the memorial section, and even though I'm far from ready to do an official memorial for Boris, this is where this thread belongs now too.

4. Katja Henriksen

Katja Henriksen Forum Sponsor Site Sponsor

Jan how are you doing? Thanks for sharing the picture of Della. I'm glad you have her to help you through this and to give you big kisses.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MyBuddy

Ugh....just goes to show how hard this is for all of us, Jan....when I read that ^^^I thought of my first RIP Dobie and doing a 'memorial' and my stomach just sank. Gosh, am I still not ready? It's one thing that it took over a year to even look at his pics, but to do some kind of memorial really churned the emotions again. I have such a hard time losing my pets and I go through it with each and every one of you here too. :(

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dobiegirl

Dobiegirl Novitiate

Jan & Fred, My heart aches for you both....I am aching along with you both. I think having a memorial for your furkids helps, it does me anyway.....I have all my girls with me...told Hubby when I die cremate me and make sure all my furkids are with me....then sprinkle us on a beautiful garden somewhere....

The poodle statue has my Lil Miss Muffit inside with her collar, to the right in the crock with her collar on it is Brittney our fist girl, to the left with football and bone is Emmy, she loved her football and bones, in the middle is Cody....Out vet does their footprints and gives them to you when you pic up their ashes. I like to keep something of theirs that they loved, Cody was not fond of toys so I didn't have anything of hers to add, but Logan now uses her leather lead when we go someplace special....

I feel like they are still with me this way.....To this day I still get a pit in my stomach when I think of each one them and then I remember all the joy each gave me and I can smile then and now they are all ok over the bridge......

{{{{{hugz}}}}} to you Jan & Fred.......RIP sweet babies run free and tell my kids I'm ok too.....

019 [640x480].JPG

• Like Like x 8
  7. Che_mar_cody

Che_mar_cody $ Forum Donor $

OMG Jan, I'm so so sorry. Many Many hugs and prayers headed your way.
    Added: Jan 31, 2011 at 10:34 AM
    Still in shock and crying my eyes out in my office...

Why Dogs Don't Live As Long
    As People..

"People are born so that they
    can learn how to live a good life
    -- like loving everybody all the
    time and being nice, right?"

"Well, dogs already know how to
    do that, so they don't have to
    stay as long."

Live simply. Love generously.
    Care deeply, Speak kindly.
    Leave the rest to our Gods.

• Like Like x 7
  8. MeadowCat

MeadowCat Well-Known Member

Oh Jan. I'm so very sorry. I just got back on the forum today after being away for a bit. I'm at a loss. Please know that I'm thinking of you and your family and praying for you. Shanoa sends her kisses.

• Like Like x 2
  9. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

Gosh Fred and Sharon it sure shows how people grieve differently, my pictures of my RIP girls are what kept me going when I first lost them. My first girl I didn't have many pictures so with my next girl I made sure I took lots. The first few days after losing my second girl I kept busy gathering pictures and making a book of her llife. Everyday for the first week I would work on it and go next door to show my Dad and that would get the tears going again. By the end of the week Dad sent me home with $500. to put towards a new pup, I think he was getting tired of the pictures and tears LOL!!

• Like Like x 4
  10. JanS

Thanks again everyone. There have been lots of tears shed between all of us, and it just goes to show what a strong bond we all have, and that we're all here for each other in times like this. This is one of the things that has really helped me find a way to cope and know that no matter what, there's always someone who has a big shoulder to lean on. I can't tell you how much that means to us.

As for the photos, I'm kind of an in betweener. Today has been particularly hard because I have a couple of large framed photos of Boris in my office, and as hard as I was trying to maintain my composure today, the minute the secretary came in she ran up to me and hugged me and started crying. Well, so much for my dry eyes (and there was a customer in my office to boot) and then I was trying to distract myself with work, and to see Boris all around me, made it real hard. I'm just so glad that I almost always have one of the cameras within arms reach though, so all of the happy memories are there forever.

That's a cute story Sharon, and I'm guessing that $500 went toward your beautiful girl you have now. :)

• Like Like x 4
  11. monkeys23

monkeys23 Notable member

You have my sincerest condolences Jan. Boris was a beautiful, wonderful boy.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

My dogs do not forget other scents around their territory. They can smell a fox from inside the house . Just like Boris, they can be taken out in the morning and when you take them out later, they have not forgotten. That happens a lot with Ladybug. I don't always let her out free when she is sniffing wild things. Sometimes I do and she's come home so far.

• Like Like x 2
  13. emerald52061

emerald52061 New Member

My heart breaks for you. Having lost my beloved Jake in November, I am certainly feeling your pain. I too got to hold him while he took his last breaths.....he was blessed to have his Mom holding him as he crossed over. I am soooo sorry for your loss.

• Like Like x 2
  14. DoberDon

DoberDon Hot Topics Subscriber

I know your pain Jan,and that nothing I can say will lessen it.One of lifes biggest mysteries/injustices is that sometimes very bad things just happen to good people/dogs.
    Please don't even start with "what if?",you're a very responsible dobe owner and that "what if"path is just self-destructive.If you can't help but think in that direction then at least do it fairly-what if Boris had gone to a home like Tyes?or someone who'd left him chained outside without any of the love and interaction you gave him? What if he'd been rejected by family after family thru no fault of his own and finally PTS in a cold pound somewhere like many poor dogs without ever knowing the love of a good person like you!! I'd say Boris had a great life with a great home and family and I know someday he'll thank you and tell you the same thing!! I'll be praying for comfort for you.

• Like Like x 6
  15. sranieto

sranieto Notable member

Jan , i came to this thread to check on you and couldn't see my reply i left here two days ago , i'm so sorry for your loss ,my prayers are with you and your family .

When you are sorrowful
    look into your heart
    and you shall see that
    you are weeping
    for that which has been
    your delight
    ~ Kahlil Gibran

• Like Like x 6
  16. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

That's beautiful sranieto. [​IMG]

17. Che_mar_cody

Che_mar_cody $ Forum Donor $

Thank you for the special picture you posted of handsome Boris on Cozy Coats facebook page. It's VERY special to me!
    Continued prayers and hugs for you and yours.
    Added: Feb 1, 2011 at 7:47 PM
    pictures are so hard for me, thus why I made Cody's tribute page in advance. I so know what your going through.

• Like Like x 3
  18. JanS

I know I sound like a broken record, but thank you again for your support everyone. I honestly don't know what I would have done to have to go through this without you all (and we're far from being able to cope, but, the first few days are the very worst). I also told Rick how much all of you care today when he came home from work and one of the first things he said was "boy I miss Boris". You know guys are usually pretty guarded about showing their emotions, but this is really hitting him in the gut too.

Today we're trying to finalize compensating the people who hit him for their damage to the car, and I was the one who called them later since I just didn't think to ask them about it when it happened (no surprise there), and we have no problems taking care of our end of it since it's our responsibility and we'll never forget about being a responsible dog owner even when things are down. I don't like to deal with this part of it since it's brings back the horror, but I'll be glad to pass that stage so we can move on and remember the joy he brought us.

sranieto, that was indeed beautiful!

And Don, you have never spoken more true words, and it is comforting to know that he never ever had a day in his life with us that he didn't enjoy. Some dogs never see that, and it's heartbreaking. :(
    Another thing I'm thankful for is that I've always had a ritual of taking a few minutes to give all of the dogs some special time just for them and pet them, hug them and give them some love before I take them out, and that day was no different with Boris, so it was only minutes before he left us that he had some special time. :)

• Like Like x 9
  19. MyBuddy

Aw, man, that really hit me. I'm so sorry this happened. :(

• Like Like x 1
  20. My Mateese

My Mateese Notable member

For all who have written and have lost their wonderful friends
    including myself, JUST REMEMBER THEY ARE ALWAYS WITH
    US, THEIR SPIRIT IS STILL ALONG SIDE US. FOREVER IN OUR
    HEARTS. When they leave us they take a part of us with them.
    Hunter has a part of me with him at the bridge, he knows I am
    with him too.

Remember as well " IF GOD BRINGS YOU TO IT HE WILL GET YOU
    THROUGH IT."

Although it seems the pain never ever completely goes away
    Prayers to all

• Like Like x 1