1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Tragic news.... Boris

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by JanS, Jan 28, 2011.

1. swiftK9s

swiftK9s Hot Topics Subscriber

Jan, I just got back in town and was so sad to hear your news. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. deladobies

deladobies Member

Jan I am so very sorry. I saw your post on FB and called you immediatly. Im so sorry I didnt come here first. I didnt know you didnt want any phone calls, sorry I didnt see it before I called. Please get in touch with me soon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Apollo

Apollo Novitiate

For JAN
    I wish the Rainbow Bridge had a phone... so I could hear your bark again. I thought of you today... but that's nothing new. I thought of you yesterday and the day before that too. I think of you in silence and often speak your name. All I have are memories and pictures in a frame. Repost if you have a pet over the Rainbow Bridge that you miss here on earth♥ You will always be loved..never forgotten.

R.I.P Boris

• Like Like x 14
  4. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

OMG Jan my internet was down yesterday and when I finally got on this morning I couldn't believe, I am crying, so sorry Jan!!!! The last pictures you took of him, wow how lucky you snapped them not knowing it was gonna be his last day. How tragic, there just are no words to express how truly sorry I am for you right now!! RIP sweet Boris.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Beautiful, Tina! Makes me cry all over again but that's ok, we all need to mourn. All of your dogs are 'my' dogs and I will miss every single one that passes and feel your pain. {{{{Hugs}}}}

• Like Like x 3
  6. hrd2gt

hrd2gt Well-Known Member

my goodness jan! shanna called me last night and told me, i havent been on in ages and missed the FB. i am still in shock, i can even read this or see his pics and not have my eyes streaming as well. its so sudden i am still at a loss for words :( big hugs to you, della and your family

• Like Like x 1
  7. My Mateese

My Mateese Notable member

JAN, I hope you are a tad bit better today, probably not.
    It will be two years this August I lost my "Hunter" and
    I think of him each and every day. I know his spirit is
    here with me I feel him, I almost can see him at times
    I sleep with his pillow. More prayers are sent to you
    Boris is looking down and telling you I am here, I
    am the breeze that blows, I am the air you breathe,
    he is watching you. He doesn't want you to be sad
    just like Hunter doesn't want me to be sad. How on
    earth do you not be sad. Boris knew you loved him
    and loved him some more. Bless you Jan, I just had to
    write again.

• Like Like x 3
  8. MaddoxDobes

MaddoxDobes Member

My heart goes out to you Jan. I'm so so sorry for your tragic loss. You and the family are in my prayers. Love you girl. I just wish I could hug you right now!!!

• Like Like x 3
  9. deladobies

deladobies Member

Just wanted to stop in and see how you were doing today. I still cant believe that happened..Our hearts and prayers are with you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Thanks again so much everyone. I can't tell you how much your outpouring of support has meant to me.

Today I'm going through the "if only", "what if?" and all of the other questions you ask yourself in a time of grieving, but I've always heard that everyone's time on this earth is already determined before you're even born, so I'm trying to take that to heart.

Another heart breaking thing is seeing how sad Della is and how she's obviously lost without her big brother. She had one time this morning when she bounced out of it after breakfast and tried to play with old Dodie, but it's going to take all of us some time and unity.

Hugs to you all.

Sad girl on couch Jan 28 11 sized.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  11. BreesMom

BreesMom Novitiate

Gosh Jan poor Della looks so sad and lost in that picture.....breaks my heart to look at it. Sending hugs to all of you, this is all so sad and it is still hard to believe how things can all change in the blink of an eye. I really believe in what you said about our time on this earth being set before we ever get here, so all the what ifs mean nothing if it was time for Boris to go he had to go.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Damasyn

Damasyn Novitiate

I am glad Della got to see Boris . I too believe it gives closure. Some people say animals dont understand, but they do.

When I took my RIP girl in to be PTS, my cat who was raised with her had been out mousing the day earlier and hadnt made it back the next day when I loaded Tia up to go. For 2 weeks afterwards, my lovely little "Tootie" cat howled like a tom cat and went from room to room looking for Tia. I was heartbroken for her not getting to say goodbye, all she knew was her best friend was missing.

Don't go thru the "what if's " and "if only", or the "maybe". It will just tear you up more and not make any difference.

Boris is NOT gone...he lives with us ~~~ right here on DC, always and forever, never forgotten.

• Like Like x 7
  13. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Dela, I forgot I was going to respond to this when I posted, and I tried to answer your call last night, but our phone has been down again and all it will do is ring (the lines on this whole road are totally shot), but we can't hear the people on the other end. Hubby managed to hear enough to know it was for me, but when I picked up there was nothing on the other end. I will definitely get in touch with you soon though.

14. DreamValley

DreamValley Well-Known Member

STOP sign... please don't go there. That's the dangeous path.
    That's Boris destiny and he is running free now...or maybe it's time for him to come back as a baby again? ;)

• Like Like x 3
  15. FredC

FredC Guest

Jan i still t0 this day break up when i think of Daemon or come across his pictures.. the differance was that i knew he wasnt going to be with us for long and had the opportunity to give him everything he ever wanted but couldn't have.. I took tons of pictures of him on his last day with us and still cant bring myself to look at them.. I keep thinking i have all these great shots i want to share here with my friends, but i just cant bring myself to open that folder.. Maybe its time to put him in the memorial section here and finally get some closure..

I guess the point im trying to make is i understand how tough this is.. I had ten days with Daemon to do right by him and i still break down when he crosses my mind. Im in tears now typing this..

I love you like a sister and cant express how sorry i am that this has happened.. Be strong and know that Boris will live forever in your heart.. Take comfort knowing he had a great life and was fortunate to have such a wonderful, loving and caring family..

Run free Boris and tell Daemon his family loves and misses him..

• Like Like x 9
  16. Zeus

Zeus Notable member

This is heartbreaking news!He was a beautiful Doberman,may he Rest in peace!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. heidi's mom

heidi's mom Notable member

I am so sorry for your loss.... please take care of yourself.....

• Like Like x 1
  18. My Mateese

My Mateese Notable member

God works in mysterious ways and most of the time we never
    know why. Jan I went through the "what if" and "if only I
    would have", it is a dangerous path don't go down that
    path. When Hunter died I bought my White Shepherd
    a new special toy, it helped and that is her favorite toy
    today, she treats it like a baby. Prayers

• Like Like x 2
  19. DobesMom

DobesMom Member

Jan- As I posted on FB, I am devastated for you. I simply can not say anything that will help...just that I am so sorry & am willing to listen if you need to talk.
    My deepest sympathies.
    Rest in peace , Boris. You will be missed!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dobejazz

Dobejazz Novitiate

Jan I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't have the words

Run free at the bridge Boris

• Like Like x 1