1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Tragic news.... Boris

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by JanS, Jan 28, 2011.

1. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm such a mess right now that I can barely type, but there was a horrible accident this morning and my baby Boris has gone over the bridge.... My worst nightmare came true and for some reason he went barreling down the driveway and wouldn't stop when I called him and he bolted out in the road and was hit by a car. He died instantly and right now I'm waiting for Hubby to get home to help me bring him in. I have him covered in a blanket and we will be bringing him in to be cremated to go along side Otis our GSP.

Please, no phone calls today as I need time to grieve and let this soak in. Baby Della is looking all over for him and I need to comfort her too.

2. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

OMG Jan! I'm so sorry for your loss. It just doesn't seem real! Let us know if there's anything we can do. We're all grieveing with you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DaisyDobe

DaisyDobe Notable member

Oh my... I am so sorry to hear this news... Thoughts and prayers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TrinityDobes

TrinityDobes Novitiate

OMG OMG OMG Jan I feel your pain and loss, please know how much we are all sharing in your loss of Boris - I am just devastated for you - Go and hug Della and grieve my friend, I will will say a prayer for your all.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Teufelhund in AZ

Teufelhund in AZ Active Member

Jan, Chris and I are so damn sorry for you and your family. We have been in the same position before... You have our deepest sympathies.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

Jan - Words can never express our deep sorrow at your devastating news. Too soon, so unexpected no time to prepare. I am sending special prayers to comfort you in your loss.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Eglidegirl

Eglidegirl New Member

Oh Jan...how awful...I am so so so very sorry for your loss

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ingrid H

Ingrid H Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Oh no! I'm so sorry Jan. RIP sweet Boris

• Like Like x 1
  9. Damasyn

Damasyn Novitiate

OMG, I am sick and heartbroken for you .... Boris is with all of our loved babies now. I am so shocked, we are here for ya when your ready

• Like Like x 1
  10. DreamValley

DreamValley Well-Known Member

Oh Jan.... I am crying.... I can not believe it happened.
    I hate hate hate roads and crazy drivers!!!!

RIP dear Boris...

• Like Like x 1
  11. timdon

timdon Novitiate

So sorry for your loss. RIP Boris. Our hearts ache for you.

• Like Like x 1
  12. lynz

lynz Novitiate

no words Jan.

You know where we are. x

Rip Baby boy, You will always be loved

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Novitiate

I know I am new here, and haven't known you long, but I too am very sorry to hear of your tragic loss. No words can take that away from you, but you have some great friends on here and they are all here for you.
    Again, very sorry to hear such news. :(

• Like Like x 1
  14. FredC

FredC Guest

Ohh Jan, Im so so sorry.. If there is anything you need we are all here for you.. I just cant believe this, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family..
    RIP Boris

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sisko

Sisko Novitiate

Jan I'm so, so sorry. Please let us know how you and your family are doing as you are able to. How you must feel right now I cannot imagine.
    bye sweet Boris

• Like Like x 1
  16. Debbie

Debbie Jr Member

I'm so sorry Jan......... [​IMG]

R.I.P Boris [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. DoberDon

DoberDon Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh no I'm so sorry Jan, I'll be praying for comfort for you and your husband. Things can happen so fast,especially when instinct takes over,that sometimes there's nothing we can do.Thank you for giving Boris a wonderful life!!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Michele

Michele Jr Member

I'm so sorry Jan. If you need anything please call me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. nc_dobemom

nc_dobemom Novitiate

I don't know what to say Jan. [​IMG]
    "I am so sorry" just doesn't seem to cover the emotions I am feeling right now.
    R.I.P Boris.....please say hey to Storm at the bridge for me.

• Like Like x 1
  20. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Thank you so much everyone. It truly is comforting to me to have all of your support since I know that you totally understand how devastating this is.

I did scream down our driveway so fast (and it's a long driveway) that I was able to get to him and hold him as he took his last dying gasps, so I'm glad I was able to get there for him anyway.

I wanted to take a minute to post a couple of the last photos I took of him on Wednesday, in remembrance of our sweet boy.

Looking out window from bed Jan 26 11 sized.jpg

Looking cute in pod bed Jan 26 11 sized.jpg

• Like Like x 16