Throw Back Thursday

Duke, our first Doberman. Probably just about when we brought him home because he was born May 28th and I think we brought him home at around 12 weeks. And yes, I was taping ears! I was lucky though. The breeder lived very close and she helped me a lot.
20221110_181627.webp
 
Hunter and I in drill team (getting ready to ride in the parade with my team). Then me in English halter class in 4H saddle club 16-17 years ago. Hunter is a Tennessee Walking Horse so I made sure to dress in saddle seat attire and braided his mane and forelock with colored ribbon, according to his breed. The ribbon typically matches the browband.

PXL_20221024_130253672.PORTRAIT.webp

PXL_20221024_130154927.PORTRAIT.webp

I said goodbye to Hunter today as tomorrow will be his last day on Earth. He's been battling Cushings disease the past year or two and my parents don't want him to deal with another winter. He had a wonderful 26 years and became a great 4H horse for me! The horse I originally was going to use in 4H was not fit for it at all. We had come to the conclusion he was drugged the day I test rode him as he was nothing what they said he was (beginner friendly, 4H horse) and didn't act at all like he was on his test ride. Hunter surprised us all and filled in like he knew the importance of his job! Gonna miss ya buddy.

Here is Dakota, the NOT beginner horse. I wasn't beginner level but he wasn't safe at all for the busy 4H environment! I miss that horse too but was forced to sell him since I was using Hunter and didn't have time between Hunter and schoolwork to work with Dakota.
PXL_20221024_130220837.PORTRAIT.webp
 
Love seeing those old horse pics too!
I'll drum some up for you in the next few weeks...

Happy 3rd Birthday Asha.
Thanks, but just to nip the confusion, that photo was 3 years ago Nov 10th, she was born Sept 1, so it's not exactly her birthday. But still!, 3 years ago she was this bitty little thing? How can that be? And I think Jazz was a youngster when I joined here... which was before Asha was born.
 

Back
Top