The baby boys are here!

Rits

Admin
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
I made a joint thread to follow our boys journeys home! @JanS

I think our breeder is sleeping right now as I haven't heard anything since the last one was born around 2pm. She had been up all night and didn't get much rest the night before. 6pm Edit: She said there might be more.

If you didn't see it: Puppy fever has set in...

THEY ARE HERE!!
and....
there are TWO BOYS! Jan and I are SO excited !!!

I got teary eyed talking to our breeder about it. Really bittersweet since my backup plan for a boy out of a different litter (the original litter) wasn't going to pan out anymore.

So far there are 3 red girls, 1 black girl, 1 black boy and 1 red boy. Now the next long wait of 8-12 weeks to see who is getting who 😆. I don't care just happy there are two and one for each of us to have our hearts filled with puppy goodness.

Last edited:
I remember holding my breath for the litter to be born where I had a girl (Asha) on hold. Months before I'd been approved for a puppy, but it was all boys and even if I'd not been set on a girl all the boys were taken. Sooooo happy for you & @JanS both! Keep us updated!!!

I'm so excited since we've been waiting for this day for a long time! I've been fretting that there might not be even one boy, let alone two so when I heard there were two it was a big sigh of relief. I'm so excited that Amanda (Rits) and I will have litter mates again too. You better bet there are going to be lots of photos coming between the 2 of us. I wasn't able to do that when Phoebe came home with the internet service we had but I can now.

I've been fretting that there might not be even one boy, let alone two so when I heard there were two it was a big sigh of relief.
Same here! I was being very reserved with the idea that there would be enough that I tried to keep any excitement down so I wouldn't make myself sad 😅. The first one out was a red girl and I had to laugh that all the wrong boxes were checked with that one LOL.

You better bet there are going to be lots of photos coming between the 2 of us. I wasn't able to do that when Phoebe came home with the internet service we had but I can now.
So glad you will be able to do this with the fast internet AND that you will be able to do all sorts of fun things too with him with you being retired! It really couldn't be better.

Wow, so exciting! Reading everyone's anticipation for their puppies, I had to think back to my own and I drew a blank :spit: Probably my hb was way more excited than I was, but when I heard a howling puppy at the airport, I do recall getting excited to see the little nut and he had such a cranky looking face lol. Then we brought him home and I gave him a big bowl of water which he drank and 5 seconds later he peed the same amount all over the floor. LOL. We were so clueless, it's probably for the best that my brain has blocked out all the insanity of the early days 🤪

Mom and babies are doing well on day 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
So 6 is the final count?
Yes 6 total. There was another red boy in the middle but he died on his way down. With chickens, usually when that happens so close to hatch, its for the best, and something was wrong with it. The next girl she had to give mouth to mouth and pinch to get her to scream probably because of her brother holding things up. The rest were all healthy before and after that! 6 is the same amount as Ripley and Phoebes litter. More room at the milk bar for everyone! :D

Oh my!!!!
Been a while since I hit the watch button on a thread here.
So much puppy envy! :love:

Tails and dewclaws getting done this afternoon. :thumbsup:

edit: Oh my gosh, I realized just now I missed ONE letter and it sounded barbaric! Dewclaws, not declaws!

Look at the little nuggets on her face 🥰

Pooping. They don't get any privacy from the poop watch from the day they are born 😂🤣

Last edited:
I just have to ask - are they too warm? I've never seen any pups spread out this way at this age. :scratch:
I guess I'm remembering raising baby chicks with the heat lamp and if they were all spread out it meant they were too hot & I had to raise the lamp up.

Back