Ripley Show Thread

I just love her cute jacket lol fits her so perfectly! Marcy looks all business, so you guys were competing against her Dobe - just imagine if you would beat your own breeder!
 
I just love her cute jacket lol fits her so perfectly! Marcy looks all business, so you guys were competing against her Dobe - just imagine if you would beat your own breeder!
Marcy isn't our breeder but a dear friend who has been showing since she's been a junior. She's the president of the Dobe club of Michigan and has been nothing but helpful to us newbies. Ripley has won breed against her boy at Ripley's first show for points at 6 months old. She was nothing but excited for us. 😁 Really great woman!
 
You must be so proud of Team Ripley! :thumbsup: They are looking very professional out there and best of all they look like they are having a lot of fun as well! Congrats all round!
 
CONGRATULATIONS on your first Premier!!! I saw the video of the breed judging outside. Derek & Ripley looked amazing!
Thank you and thank you for cheering us on! We've been to premier before but only for dock diving, lure coursing and barn hunt with Java. Now we're open up to all kinds of fun on the show side too! There are new owners and we were really happy with how everything was run. The grounds were set up so everything was close, easy to access, and find due to big flags by each performance or conformation setup. Outdoor events were right outside the main building so bathrooms were not a problem. Plus, being able to be texted when rings were delayed due to rain and notified when things were starting was very nice.

They have their very first AKC show this weekend in Crown Point! :woot2: I'm glad they learned through UKC first. I think they both feel ready now! She still has maturing to do but they can still play at some local shows for the experience and maybe nab some points. Fortunately, we'll have someone there to guide us too thanks to Melissa making sure someone there will help us. This is why a reputable breeder is a god send people!!! Way more than just a price tag...
 
They have their very first AKC show this weekend in Crown Point! :woot2: I'm glad they learned through UKC first. I think they both feel ready now! She still has maturing to do but they can still play at some local shows for the experience and maybe nab some points. Fortunately, we'll have someone there to guide us too thanks to Melissa making sure someone there will help us. This is why a reputable breeder is a god send people!!! Way more than just a price tag...
It will be a good experience for them.
 
I'm so excited for you guys and a great job was done by all!
 
Ripley went Reserve Winners Bitch (RWB) against 14 class bitches at Crown Point, IN in their first AKC show!!

Wouldn't be a first without some excitement and a first embarrassment not knowing that unlike UKC, in AKC you get to go back in for winning Reserve in your class if the 1st place class bitch places as Winners Bitch (WB). Woops... 😅😅😅

Basically, for those that don't know (like us until that day lol!) if something happens to the WB that makes them ineligible for their champion points, the judge deems RWB quality enough to then get the points. So all the first place bitches for their classes went against each other for hope to get WB, Ripley's class bitch that took first in their class won and also took WB who then leaves the ring. Ripley who took 2nd in her class enters the ring and gets a chance to compete against the rest of the 1st place bitches to see who wins reserve winners bitch...and she won!

There were a few nice doberman folks who offered to help us out, one even offered to help handle Ripley if needed, the ring steward was kind enough to explain everything, and many others gave us reassuring words sharing their own goof ups. Everyone knows who we are now LOL 😳 So thankful Judge Richard Lashbrook was their first judge and for being way too kind, waiting for them both as they sprinted back to the ring. I apologized to the judge and told him don't let us hold him up, to go without them and he still waited for them... Derek apologized over and over again. I was so embarrassed 😳😂😭 I even read the whole "new AKC exhibitors" pdf online way before our show and it didn't touch or explain that. One thing for sure, that'll NEVER happen again so good we got that out of the way at our first show and we will forever have a memorable first show! 😅

RWBCrownptRipley_62021.jpg
 
Ripley is going through a major growth spurt too!! Had to increase her food recently by a cup and after this weekend I'm not happy enough with that so increasing it by another half. A great sign she's growing though. 😁
 
What a story. Hard to keep up with all the bitches! :spit:

So the PDF was missing all this info? I know you went back and checked 😁 It’s good the judge was so understanding. Great pic!
 
What a story. Hard to keep up with all the bitches! :spit:

So the PDF was missing all this info? I know you went back and checked 😁 It’s good the judge was so understanding. Great pic!
Yes... it doesn't mention anything about the 2nd class dog going in for RWB if WB comes from the same class. Although, there was a handy booklet we got AFTER all of this and that wasn't available until after our show since the "new exhibitor table" was open at the same time they had to go into the ring. This booklet of course did mention this and would have been very handy to have beforehand. :D We were so grateful the judge was very kind... I know its not the norm to wait so everyone was telling us he must have really liked her. :love:

Hopefully their next show is without that kind of excitement :whistle: Next Friday is the DPC of MI's doberman specialty. 55 dobes are entered! :wideyed:
 
I love how happy your husband looks in all the pictures. He really looks like he is enjoying it. Does he help with Ripley's training or is that all you?
 
:woot:🤞for Team Ripley!! soo exciting!!
When unusual unexpected things happen it makes life more fun and colorful, and memorable like you said.
Can't get over how beautiful she is! Just LOOK at that Doberman!
 
He really looks like he is enjoying it. Does he help with Ripley's training or is that all you?
He actually is enjoying it! Honestly... 😬 he is better and knows more than me at this point when it comes to standing next to her and handling her. I look down and all I see is the top of the dog and my uncoordinated self beside her. 😆 They go to conformation practice every week and have been since the beginning of the year.

As far as obedience, that's 98% me but he does make her mind in every day life and helps reinforce a learned behavior with play as a reward. But I do all the teaching the new behavior and doing our homework everyday with repetition. Can't complain too much on the teamwork! Ever since we have been together he has seen the value of training and having a well behaved dog through me vs just having a dog exist with no training and everyone having to live around the dogs bad behaviors. I know that's not the same for every household so I'm thankful for that. 😌
 
When unusual unexpected things happen it makes life more fun and colorful, and memorable like you said.
Right!? Will never let this go down in history and I know we will continue to laugh about it. In the moment I felt like crying LOL.

Can't get over how beautiful she is!
Thank you, we love her no matter! Structurally, I just love her, and finding that more and more as she matures. But even then, her temperament is so good too. For conformation, she has some flaws as every dog does but when it comes down to it they could be improved in the next generation.

The litter Ripley came from has 4 bitches being shown, it was such a nice litter! Exciting to see where the future takes everyone, including @JanS and Phoebe 😁
 

Back
Top