Random Photo of the Day - 2019 - post yours!

We have been 90° and above for a few days, with still more of it to come. When I bring the horses in for the night, we always close both overhead doors. Mainly to keep any Critters out of the barn. But on days like this, with the nights not really cooling down, we've been leaving them open. Since my husband installed the door between his barn and mine, I'm not as worried about critters getting in. There is a ton of places for critters to hide in his barn. Not so much mine. Except for the stacks of hay. So I wasn't worried about it. I was more worried about my horses getting some fresh air. We have two overhead paddle fans and a big floor fan and on hot evenings like last night, I put a box fan on each stall too! The floor fan didn't run all night but everything else did. It wasn't bad in there this morning. Pampered horses? Maybe. It's just how I like to take care of them. I wouldn't like to be stuck out in a box with no air when it's 80° at night and humid as hell. That's how I gauge taking care of my animals. :D

20190714_085049.webp
 
What do ya mean I’m “not allowed in the duck pen”?
622E1E7B-FBC8-4E98-ABB0-CBC0B6150E46.webp

I decided come November I’m going to enter Rio in a UKC conformation class, mostly for fun and exposure :). But I am not going to look like a buffoon if I can help it, so we worked a little today on stacking and I messed with his teeth more than he’s used to. Got some work to do but a good start!
E15EE868-72F0-447A-93B3-B5ECD7172026.webp
 
*** just a warning for those who read the page before this***

I do not recommend the dehydrated kangaroo rib cages for chews. I gave half to jasper and watched him the whole time. Seemed to chew it fine but the next morning he threw up some bones that looked sharp. Throwing up again today with diarrhea and I'm at the vets now just incase. Im certain the bone did something to him. Be careful!
 
*** just a warning for those who read the page before this***

I do not recommend the dehydrated kangaroo rib cages for chews. I gave half to jasper and watched him the whole time. Seemed to chew it fine but the next morning he threw up some bones that looked sharp. Throwing up again today with diarrhea and I'm at the vets now just incase. Im certain the bone did something to him. Be careful!

Yikes! So sorry to hear this :(
Thinking of you guys and please keep us updated. You’ve done absolutely the right thing by going to your vet. I pray that’s he’s thrown up all of the bone.
 
Well he is normal besides vomiting and loose stool so vet said more than likely his bowel is just irritated. But better safe than sorry so I had them to an xray since I wont be home later tonight to watch him. It came up clear of bones and obstructions in the tract. However, she said his colon is clearly inflamed probably from the bones passing. Jasper will be on some medications to help him recover for the next couple days. But we are on the clear!

If I didn’t get the xray done I would have been a worried mess. Sometimes its worth the extra money just for the relief. And boy do I feel better!
 
Yes, the X-Ray is so important and puts your mind to rest. So glad to hear that there’s no obstruction. Been there and lived through that nightmare.
So a lesson for all.....keep away from the kangaroo rib cage!!!!
 
If I didn’t get the xray done I would have been a worried mess. Sometimes its worth the extra money just for the relief. And boy do I feel better!
For sure! Sometimes I go the extra mile just for the peace of mind too. I'm so glad everything worked out well!
 
@Lizbeli feeling for poor Jasper! Such a adorable sweet guy, gotta hate when they aren’t feeling good :(. And thank you about Rio! AKC is very political and if you don’t have a Black and Tan American show line you basically don’t stand a chance of placing at all. UKC is more liberal and open to different lines and colors of dogs. There’s also SV (schutzhund verein) shows that follow the German way of evaluating shepherds. That test involves shooting off guns! If your dog reacts or shows shyness/fear you are disqualified and do not get to progress to the gaiting part of the evaluation. However those venues are few compared to the others, there’s one in Kentucky which would be a fun road trip but is scheduled for next week so definitely not enough time to prepare!
 
Well, I added another fan to the list! Call us crazy but we were talking the other day about this 100° heat wave and the horses. I told my husband that even their run-in can be hot and no air movement. So I casually said, What do you think about putting a fan in there? :whistle: To my surprise, he was all for it! We put it up and I think they love it!

20190716_080126.webp

20190717_191733.webp
 

Back
Top