Random Pet Photo of the Day - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just at a Fast Cat event and a Xolo ran that 100 yards like nobody's business. I'll have to find out the name & see how fast it went, but it's a little pro.

I've been channeling my inner aztec warrior to train her. My desensitization video went viral and half of mexico wanted to kill me day one, now they love me after the follow ups lol. Takes days not months.

Took Rumor on vacation with us. She was a superstar! She had everyone on the lake talking about how beautiful and well behaved she is.
Hubby said well I guess I have to buy her a pontoon boat :rolleyes: because of course I'm gonna believe it's for the dog.....

230537904_10216309515330266_4572769850731231931_n.jpg

Zeroing in on 🎯

Ran out of pumpkin and blueberries so a little spoiling today but don't tell her I skipped her half cup of kibble at lunch. 🤫
PXL_20210731_013749194.PORTRAIT.jpg

Ran out of pumpkin and blueberries so a little spoiling today but don't tell her I skipped her half cup of kibble at lunch.
I was going to ask if she'd actually eat that but then I remembered that her sister will inhale anything and everything put in front of her. LOL

Taylor and I completed our first "trail ride" (just on the road out the front gate. It may not sound like much but it's a big step for us. It was her first time riding outside of the arena since we brought her home and only her second time off property (hand walked last time). She was nervous and needed a lot of reassurance from the instructor walking with us but by the end she was rather relaxed.

20210803_171843.jpg

I was in the living room pulling tags off the 900 toys I bought the new puppy and Jasper. Of course he was watching me with excitement so I gave in and let him have one of his new ropes. He stood there watching me like this. Such a cutie.

FBB07EB4-5C27-452E-86E3-874AF74F374C.jpeg

My neighbor is in Europe for 3 weeks so we're helping her husband (who is joining her later this week) take care of the puppies when he's out AND I get them all to myself not this weekend, but next. Miserable work, I tell ya!

PXL_20210808_020344389-01.jpeg

I was shocked to find out that since my so and his wife have split up their puppy Otto can end up not being walked and left in the house for days at a time, got really cross when I found out 4 weeks ago she had accidentally spilt some boiling hot liquid on him and just text messaged my son at work to tell him Otto needed attention as she was going away for 5 days job hunting where she is planning to move to with the children, she had dropped the kids with us and never mentioned Otto, when my son got to their house he was shocked to see how bad the injury was and rushed him to the vet where he had to stay overnight because the burns where so severe, my son doesn't live at the house and works long hours but had to take time off work to care for Otto, I only found out this last weekend what has been going on with Otto and have been taking him out for the last 3 days as she has again gone away leaving the kids with us again, afraid I have lost my temper when I have seen how the dear little boy has been treated and warned them that if they didn't sort out care for Otto properly I would take action against them, I'm ashamed my son has not stepped in as he knows how I feel about how dogs should be treated and was brought up with them in the home, she has demanded the dog is hers so I have informed her that if things don't improve I will not hesitate to inform the R.S.P.C.A for animal cruelty, I'm still struggling to come to terms with losing King and will not stand back and allow this treatment to a 10month old puppy.20210809_150032.jpg
This is what his leg looks like at present, sorry about the long rant I'm just so angry.

afraid I have lost my temper when I have seen how the dear little boy has been treated

You have every right to be angry. Did they take any steps at all to care for the burn at home or just left it as it was? Many people don’t care for dogs like most of us on this forum. Im glad this pup has you to be a voice for his well being. Stay strong.

You have every right to be angry. Did they take any steps at all to care for the burn at home or just left it as it was? Many people don’t care for dogs like most of us on this forum. Im glad this pup has you to be a voice for his well being. Stay strong.
The vet's had to put Otto under anaesthetic to shave his leg clean and treat burns, my son then was left to clean and treat the burns for the next 6 days, the burns have healed quite well but I doubt if his coat will ever grow back over the worst burn areas.

@PhilT you have the puppy, I would keep the puppy, at this point. If the puppy isn't microchipped or tattoo and registered to that pyscho's name, then she can't have any claim over him and I doubt she'd take any legal action. Keep that puppy.

@PhilT you have the puppy, I would keep the puppy, at this point. If the puppy isn't microchipped or tattoo and registered to that pyscho's name, then she can't have any claim over him and I doubt she'd take any legal action. Keep that puppy.
It makes me want to on one hand but then I really don't want another puppy at present I haven't got passed loosing King, plus we have to tread carefully because she could stop us seeing the grandchildren if she gets upset with us, to end the problem off him not being taken out Lorraine and myself are going to walk him as much as we can most day's, he hasn't been lead trained so got to almost start at the beginning, I spent 4 1/2 hrs with him Saturday had two long walks, he craves affection just wants to be loved, I was in tears when I left him he lays across the front door to try to stop you leaving 😢, we have spent nearly 3hrs yesterday and today out with him training him to walk properly on lead, it is a difficult situation which is why I threatened to report the way he's been treated.

he craves affection just wants to be loved, I was in tears when I left him he lays across the front door to try to stop you leaving 😢
Wow - bless your heart PhilT for caring so. This sentence in your post has me crying for real too (I'm emotional today for reasons of my own...)... totally understand, you loosing King and all then this...Hopefully yours and Lorraines good deeds can help heal your hearts in some way somehow, despite the aggravating circumstances. Poor Otto, but lucky Otto that you are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back