Random Pet Photo of the Day - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are in a tough situation. I feel like @LifeofRubie and would probably want to do the same. But having grandchildren myself I understand your dilemma. But this kind of neglect drive me insane and I would so want to take that dog from her! I would never be able to control myself. I'm surprised the vet didn't say something. For this to happen and her to just leave the dog for days on end just blows my mind. Literally just blows my mind. Animal abuse. That's what it is.🤬🤬🤬🤬

It's been a lovely sunny day so had Otto for an hour, two sessions off 15mins training and 30mins off play in between he is a sweet little boy.20210810_115138.jpg20210810_115148.jpg20210810_115203.jpg

I had just gotten home from a 16hr shift (3pm-7am following morning). Hubby of course was home the whole time with Jasper. I walk in and he goes nuts acting like I have been gone forever: Jasper, I worked overnight. You were asleep, how did you miss me? LOL

Had to sit with him for a bit before I got a few hours of sleep. He loves to get scratches on his neck.

5B45BFD1-E1D5-4A14-86DC-36EE992C60CF.jpeg

I went out and then back in of the side gate yesterday to do something, was putzing around over on the other side of the yard and turned around and the gate is WIDE OPEN and Rubie is standing next to it, watching the going-ons. I don't know why and I don't think it's anything I've (purposefully) trained but she has zero interest in leaving the yard, thank goodness. Moo, of course, was following me around so no worries about him going anywhere :rofl:

it's sloooooowly opening here

Screenshot_20210810-224536.png

And WIDE open here, about 30 seconds later.

Screenshot_20210810-224607.png

I had it closed by 6:32:51 time stamp but whoops!

What a good girl! Something I noticed with Jasper is that he doesn’t seem to want to leave me. There was only one time where he booked it, and it was after a cat. There was one time our gate opened when I was cutting the grass. He got out and saw two women walking a dog across the street. He ran out barking with his hackles up but he stopped at the property line and then came to me. So embarrassing, and probably terrifying for those poor women 😆

He ran out barking with his hackles up but he stopped at the property line and then came to me. So embarrassing, and probably terrifying for those poor women 😆
Omg that's my fear! In his young pup days, he did get out a few times and the amount of apologizing I had to do while chasing after him :bag: It was nice to discover how reliable he became with maturity and wanting to stay close, but I still check all the doors and gates 🙃

Good job Rubie! @LifeofRubie

AJ must have been trying to eat the sky raisins and got caught by a jalapeño raisin. His honker was swelled up for a day. He had a Barn Hunt class and had two good runs, so it didn't affect his sense of smell. I gave him Benadryl and stayed up with him all night to put ice on it when he started rubbing it.

20210810_223943.jpg

@PhilT you have the puppy, I would keep the puppy, at this point. If the puppy isn't microchipped or tattoo and registered to that pyscho's name, then she can't have any claim over him and I doubt she'd take any legal action. Keep that puppy.
A quick update about Otto, after @LifeofRubie made a very strong case to take on Otto we have been taking him out every day, and persuaded our son to tell her she is not having Otto, we are going to have him from this Friday for the next week during the day and he will have him overnight, we have also enrolled Otto into a doggy day school for days we have other things to do, we will trial this and if successful may continue it for the foreseeable future, hopefully this will make sure Otto is not left alone and receives the attention he needs and can be a well adjusted puppy.

AJ must have been trying to eat the sky raisins and got caught by a jalapeño raisin. His honker was swelled up for a day. He had a Barn Hunt class and had two good runs, so it didn't affect his sense of smell. I gave him Benadryl and stayed up with him all night to put ice on it when he started rubbing it
OUCH! Glad he's ok & got through his barn hunt!

we are going to have him from this Friday for the next week during the day and he will have him overnight, we have also enrolled Otto into a doggy day school for days we have other things to do, we will trial this and if successful may continue it for the foreseeable future
Good for you! And Otto! Big love sent your way!

Otto is becoming a much calmer puppy, wants to be close to me at home prefers laying on the tiled floor to laying on comfortable blankets.20210814_125423.jpg

Our handsome old man is feeling sooo much better after he started the new meds. He's been play bowing, running with Phoebe and brining me toys. Now we just have to ask the vet on his follow up next week how much his exercise should be limited, if at all. Since his is a different condition than Della's was it's all new territory to us.
Head shot rear angle Aug 12 21.JPG

Our handsome old man is feeling sooo much better after he started the new meds. He's been play bowing, running with Phoebe and brining me toys. Now we just have to ask the vet on his follow up next week how much his exercise should be limited, if at all. Since his is a different condition than Della's was it's all new territory to us.
View attachment 120346
It's difficult to know how much exercise to let them have, we were told toilet walks only but King didn't agree with that, so we used to let him do what he was comfortable with and just cut back some with time off lead, it's good to hear Albert is responding well to the medication he is doing well so pleased for you all.

When Cooper was in his last month, I took him herding. I'd rather see him die in the pasture having fun doing what he loved. I took some pictures and the camera doesn't lie - I could tell he was sick, but he was happy. His last day was very active running around the yard and barking at squirrels. That evening he died while laying on my feet. I knew his time was short because he wouldn't eat. I made chicken for him and hand fed him.

He almost died two months earlier. He was having seizures and was in a coma, but with his eyes open. I held him and prayed that God's will be done, and he came around after a few hours. I overdosed him on his medications and he got through the evening and was acting normal the next day

I was spending almost $1,000 / month on his medications the last year+, but I wish I could have paid it longer.

Cucumber mixed berries and applesauce on the lickimat today.
PXL_20210813_183638106.jpg

Did some hand trotting in the sand over cavalettis. Apparently he should show with a chuck it ball as bait; look at her free stack and presence. 😅
PXL_20210815_000754258.jpg

Oh, shoot, meant to post that ^ in non animal.

Anywho, took the doggos to the mall this morning for a few laps! They also get to get on elevators, see floor scrubbers, and work on ignoring people!

PXL_20210814_150139508.MP.jpg

PXL_20210814_150154206.MP.jpg

PXL_20210814_145141860.MP.jpg

Well we've been busy this weekend! Took the puppies with us when we took to the frolf/disc golf course, today. Moo's retriever brain couldn't compute correctly but he did sneak a retrieval in (probably his longest ever cuz these discs go and go!).

PXL_20210815_163144269.MP.jpg

Moo so kindly bringing my husband's disc back 🤣

PXL_20210815_163256704.jpg

Rubie very generously offered to carry a disc between holes (or is it "between baskets?"). I'd put her in a Sit Stay when I was throwing and she didn't break it once!

PXL_20210815_154735285.MP.jpg

Celebrating a good day!

PXL_20210815_164707898.MP.jpg

We only did half the course cuz it was still hot in the sun and our first time handling both dogs in a bustling park while also trying to frolf. Yes, Moo was running around a bit but he was brilliant with ignoring everything. Some guy had this little dog off-leash and the dog started running toward us. Guy is calling the dog, dog isn't acknowledging him, and then guy yells "He's friendly!"

Moo intercepts and everything is fine, guy apologizes. Then it happens AGAIN with the SAME DOG 20 minutes later. Guy was talking to someone else and not paying any attention to his off leash dog with zero recall so his dog comes running toward us again. "Oh, sorry, I didn't see you guys!" Cool... Then why is your dog off leash if you're not aware of your surroundings? Idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back