Posted ears

Jaysdoberman

Novitiate
Hi my female doberman is 8months, she is still posted. After 3 days no post her ears fall at the crease of the nerve. Do i continue to post for a month and then see, and continue until she is a year.? Thanks for any advice. Its a medium crop.

Yes, keep posting and don't leave them out long enough to let them fall or you lose a lot of progress.

Hi my female doberman is 8months, she is still posted. After 3 days no post her ears fall at the crease of the nerve. Do i continue to post for a month and then see, and continue until she is a year.? Thanks for any advice. Its a medium crop.
I agree with @JanS. Pictures would be most helpful to see what they look like. Was she cropped later than 12 weeks? And stayed in posts (except for regular changing & cleaning) that whole time? When her ears fell down did they come up sharply when she came to attention on something? In case this is your first Doberman, the ears to fall to the side when relaxing! I only say this because there are plenty of people who didn't realize this! Again, if they are truly not standing properly keep posting!

Hi one would “fall” when not at attention but would sharply go up when at attention…. But the fall again and the nerve crease.

Back