Am I done posting?

Tony110

Novitiate
Hi, this is Storm, she's a European female about 37 lbs, she'll be 15 weeks old on Saturday. Do her ears seem done to the experts here? This is day 5 of being unposted. I've only posted consistently about 2 and a half weeks, her ears stood 2 days after that , I posted another few days after that and now she's on day 5 post free. Hope I got lucky here, my previous doberman took longer :)

Attachments

• 20240328_134502.jpg
    20240328_134502.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 1
Welcome from Minnesota.

They're off to a good start but they aren't even close to being done yet. They need to be posted at least through teething or 6 months.

Welcome from Minnesota! She's a cutie! I had mine posted for only a few weeks and I regret it. Her ears have a slight curve in them now. I would keep going like was mentioned above, through teething or 6 months. That's what I will do differently on my next Doberman.

She’s adorable! Ears look great! My girl is 27 weeks this Sunday. I thought I was done at 6 months as her adult teeth are grown in and her ears have stood well alone since she was super young. After a few days of no posts her tips started to curl back a little bit, I’m going to now post until 7 months or longer to be safe. I figure it’s not worth the risk of them dropping or not being fully erect when they should be. Another worry of mine is her sleeping on an ear and being the cartilage then I’m screwed.

Good luck! And what a cutie 🥰 you have!

After 6 months... somewhere in 7-8 month range as then the adult teeth will be in. The adult teeth need to be in and not just the baby teeth have fallen out.

Back