Please keep Echo in your thoughts

Echo is home. When they brought her out to us, she was raring to go.

Ugh... they gave me Rimadyl (once a day for 5 days)
1000 mg Cephalexin 2x a day.

Luckily, they didn't have to do 2 completely separate straight line incisions. The main incision for the mammary mass removal and they came off that one for the spay incision.

She is restless, but has eaten a little.

Drain tube comes out Monday and sutures come out in 2 wks.

So glad to hear she is home. I will pray for you both during recovery. You will need it trying to keep her calm with restricted activity. :p
Keep us updated on her recovery.

Luckily, they didn't have to do 2 completely separate straight line incisions. The main incision for the mammary mass removal and they came off that one for the spay incision.
Well that was helpful!

Even though its hard to keep her down, I'll bet it was nice to find her "raring to go" when you picked her up ! :dobe::paw:

Glad she is home!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Don't forget to add a good probiotic! Couple of hours before antibiotics and a couple hrs after!

Glad she is home!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Don't forget to add a good probiotic! Couple of hours before antibiotics and a couple hrs after!

With 1000 mg antibiotics a day... most definitely!

I don't want to overload her with food, so she'll be getting several small meals throughout the day.
PPV Fortiflora: 1/2 a packet at a time, 4x a day between meals.
She is also getting a little cottage cheese or plain yogurt in her food.

Oh gosh I missed this until now but I'm glad it went well and she's home and on the road to recovery! It's always so worrisome for us even when they're in good hands.

Echo is home. When they brought her out to us, she was raring to go.

Ugh... they gave me Rimadyl (once a day for 5 days)
1000 mg Cephalexin 2x a day.

She is restless, but has eaten a little.

Drain tube comes out Monday and sutures come out in 2 wks.
Yikes.
I’ve missed this thread until now.
Sounds like she’s got every right to be a bit restless!
And cephalexin.
I’m not 100% at the moment but I think?
That might have been the one that Rocky had a pretty bad reaction to.
Became itchey, skin flaked quite a bit and mild swelling around the face. Bit of a fever too.
Now, we tried to treat the flaky skin with coconut oil which just made it worse and made him quite:eekwtf: stinky.

Hope it doesn’t stress you out but just something to reserve.

And cephalexin.
I’m not 100% at the moment but I think?
That might have been the one that Rocky had a pretty bad reaction to.

She's had the cephalexin before with no issues and now 5 days so far with no issues. I was more concerned with giving her Rimadyl.

We've been very fortunate that Echo has not tried to mess with her incisions. Drain tube was removed today and everything looks great. Stitches come out next week.

We're expecting a lot of rain, so DH is going to rig up a few of vvv these vvv to keep her incisions clean & dry.

cover.jpg

Back