Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Please keep Echo in your thoughts

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Panama, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

Echo has a small mammary mass that needs to be removed. Vets won't touch it unless we agree to spay her at the same time........so.... We had blood work yesterday and all of her values (kidney, liver, protein...etc) are good so she is going for surgery today.

Keep Big Momma in your thoughts.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 17
  2. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

She’ll be in my thoughts and prayers, @Panama!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Notable member

Will be thinking of you & Echo. Keep us posted on her recovery.

4. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Oh no, I hate hearing this. Prayers for everything to go smoothly.

Is the vet of the opinion this is hormone related?

5. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

Thinking of Echo!

6. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

Sending our prayers

7. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Prayer said for you Echo and you.!

8. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh, man. She will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers!

9. Panama

Yes, he believes it is hormone triggered. After her heat in July we we noticed a peanut sized lump, had it checked...'keep an eye on it'. No real noticeable change until late January when she was due to come in heat and it got quite a bit bigger. They did a biopsy and it came back benign. Plan was to wait 2-3 mo after the heat cycle, have it removed and spay her. This past weekend it got even larger... so I pushed to have everything taken care of THIS WEEK.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Thinking of you and Echo! Please let us know once she is out of surgery.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. NamVetJoe

NamVetJoe Notable member

she will be fine i can feel it

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Panama

No update to share yet. They said they'd call me after lunch. Well by 2:00 my nerves got the best of me and I called them. "They're still making rounds from this morning's surgeries, they'll call you as soon as their done." :mad: 2:30 they call and tell me they are JUST NOW taking Echo in for surgery. :mad: So, she's had no food since 9pm last night and no water since midnight because she had to be there between 7:30-8 am. :confused-alt:

• Empathetic Empathetic x 4
  13. Panama

Ok... Echo is out of surgery. Everything went great with no unexpected surprises. Because of the time, she will be staying at the vet's tonight and we will pick her up in the morning.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 6
  14. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I know how much you want her home to recover. Is someone going to be with her overnight at the Vet hospital?

15. Panama

I would rather she were home, but we felt picking her up just 1 hr after surgery just wasn't best for her. Yes, Wednesday is their day for scheduled surgeries and have someone stay all night with their room adjacent to the recovery room.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  16. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Hope things go well and for a quick recovery!

17. Panama

Thank you everyone! Echo is my heart girl as well as my husband's "physical therapy partner" so to say. (He has degenerative bone disease of the spine, and if he lays down during the day, she lays up against him. He says she is better then any heating pad we've tried. I"m guessing because it's heat & pressure it helps more.)
    Echo will need small meals several times a day, so 2e boiled up some boneless chicken breast and rice to make her some doggie frozen dinners (1/2 cup per baggie).

• Appreciation Appreciation x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  18. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I agree. Hopefully she'll get a good night's rest and be home before you know it.
    Sending prayers for a speedy recovery!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Logan 45

Logan 45 Member

We’ll be thinking about Echo! I went through the same thing a few years ago with one of my dogs. I wish you and her a speedy recovery and for optimal results from surgery!

20. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm so glad that things went well! :love: She will be so happy to see you today! :yatta: Now you'll have fun trying to keep her quiet. LOL We'll need more updates later today.:paw: