1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

My Beautiful Bella RIP

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by Judith, May 11, 2017.

1. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm not sure what to hit here? Empathy?

I feel sorry for your friend. She doesn't get it because she's never shared this kind of love.

Couldn't have said it any better.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Judith

Judith Hot Topics Subscriber

So true Genny, I feel like my energy has gone, she was my world , never apart in almost 10 years she was someone special , I will never ever get over her, yesterday was a really bad day, my brother and sister don't have animals and will never ever understand the great feeling of loss, Buddy has lost his puppy look and his spring has gone, at this time I feel we are not doing well xxx

• Empathetic Empathetic x 7
  3. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

The process of grieving sucks. While some days may be better than others, it all just sucks! Professionals write books about it to help help people cope, not sure if that's possible. You just have to endure it. I can't tell how sorry I am that you have to now.
    Time is your friend now, in time it will get better. In the mean time hold on to the fact that at least you were lucky enough to be the one that was loved by her. You got to experience something some never do.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. GennyB

I think I have talked about her before. She's the one that has been married 3 or 4 times. Not sure she has ever known any kind of love. :(

• Empathetic Empathetic x 1
  5. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

So unfortunate, but so true. There's really not a lot we can do to help someone 'go through' this. Except be here for you. Help talk you through when you are ready. But it is something we all have to endure. And it sucks. Sucks big time. I think about it a lot myself. I've been through it many times in my life and dammit, I don't want to go through it again either! I hate losing my pets! My heart breaks into a million pieces and life seems cruel and not worth it. But reality tells me its going to happen again. It's life. Inside, I'm beating my fists against it! But I know the reality of it all. It's a fact of life. Will I gracefully endure it when one of my dogs or horses pass on? Not on your life!! The light will go out of my eyes too. I will fall to pieces. I will grieve and grieve and grieve some more. And one day I will see all the hands that are reaching out to me and decide its time to grab one. You'll do it too. There will always be those who don't understand. Walk away from them. Talk to the ones that do understand! It will help you through the grieving process and onto another life with Buddy. He needs you now too. You need each other. :love::love:

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Gelcoater

:(
    Buddy will bounce back, and when he does he will help you start as well.

Rocky laid there next to me for days, (weeks?) and I know he felt the same as I did.
    He helped me get it together. I also felt I owed him and Daisy, I couldn't let them down. I had to get up and take him on walks. But when he was ready.
    He had no interest in the ball or toys for weeks.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 4
  7. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Not to go OT, but Della's dad (Romeo) went over the bridge a couple days ago and Della's mom (Jules) is really grieving too. Even though there are a couple other dogs in the household, Jules is having a hard time with it and misses Romeo and isn't responding to the other dogs. It's just so much harder than non-dog people will ever understand but it hurts me more than words can ever describe.

• Empathetic Empathetic x 4
  8. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

How are you doing Judith? Thinking of you and Buddy a lot today.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Judith

Hi not doing well really but only to be expected ,she was my world , the sadness I feel is uncontrollable , how do you get over this I don't know I feel like I never will , Buddy is no doing well either he is fine when we are outside but in the house he cannot settle, tried him with a thunder shirt which did not help and have ordered an Adaptil plug in to see if that helps I am having to sleep on the sofa with him as he starts howling through night , cannot remember the last time I had a nights sleep, does this get any better ???

The house in the picture is my sons house and this is where Bella was laid to rest, I could not cremate her as I could not bear for them to take her away and not knowing how they were treating her so she lays here overlooking the fields and fells we walked for almost ten years, cannot believe our journey went by so quickly :cry::cry:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Empathetic Empathetic x 6
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  10. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Oh Judith, I know this journey is tortuous for you and Buddy. The loss is so deep and all consuming that you just want to scream in the most primal way to get relief from the smothering emptiness without her.
    I can't say it will get easier, we just adjust to the way we must take each step to go in a forward motion. Some days you will feel a little lightness creep in and embrace that light for it will be your sweet Bella letting you know she is with you as she always was, only not in the physical sense. Talk to her, she can feel you and hear you. She will be the one to guide you both back to living and has entrusted you with her son to help him as you help yourself. Do it in your time, in your way and know we are thinking of you and praying for you and Buddy.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Judith

saying goodbuy.jpg

• Appreciation Appreciation x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. GennyB

Umm, you won't but you will learn to live with it. It takes time, lots of time. We are dog people and we love them as family members. Once in awhile one comes along that just captures every part of us. When they are gone we are left with a huge part of us just ripped away from us. It hurts! All you can do is grieve the way you need to and not let anyone tell you how you should. That grief is all yours, handle it how you see fit. While we all mourn with you, we can't take it away. We can be here for you and try to soften the blow.
    I wish I had magic words that would take it all away, I don't. All this community can do is empathize and listen when you need to talk. I know it's not much comfort and we all wish we could do more...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
  13. Judith

Thanks Genny, i know there are many on here that have loved and lost and understand the sense of loss and sadness we are feeling, I know it will get easier in time but we shared almost 10 years together, every single day I would never put them in kennels so we have never had a holiday, but I would rather have been with Bella than on holiday.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Gelcoater

It can't really be said any better than this.

Because you shared her with us, Judith.
    She will never be forgotten. Even all the way over here across the Atlantic.
    I never met her, yet feel I knew her.
    For that I thank you.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Judith

Thanks @Gelcoater your words mean so much, she became an international superstar :biggrin: , there is a massive presence missing from my garden this summer. belbudgarden.JPG

• Empathetic Empathetic x 8
  16. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

IMG_3815.JPG

Always in our thoughts xoxo