Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Featured It's a Dobie thing!

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Gretchen_Red, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Gretchen_Red

Gretchen_Red Hot Topics Subscriber

That's the cutest pic of him sucking the blanket! He looks so content and he's watching his show lol.

2. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Yep,she's got about half the ear of Rocky's giant mud flaps. image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Yeah! I wonder if her ears would have stood, uncropped, if they were posted. Seems like it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Maybe?I dunno.The shape would still be different than a cropped dog.Might look funny?

Here's a couple more shots for @Kaner2015 for some kind of range of wher her dogs ears will be.Honestly,I have never seen an uncropped Dobie with ears smaller than Daisy.
    image.jpg

Rocky image.jpg

No desire to start another cropped vs natural debate here.Ears alone do not make the Doberman a Doberman.
    It's their will,their devotion,that makes the dog. image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kaner2015

Kaner2015 New Member

Thank you for the pics. I was scared to even say the word 'ears' and I am not looking to debate anything. As I said before, our other dobes were cropped. Our vet of over 15 years will not crop (the 2 who did have retired) and we had to go look for an office in another city. The ones in our area were in a part of town I am not too familiar with and their portfolios had mostly pits and some boxers but no dobes which scared me - so not meant to take a stand of any kind. I love this breed for their heart and spirit. Kaner is a family pet and we adore him.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  6. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

He is adorable and we can't argue that it's a great breed... :)

If you look around our different forums you'll find many photos of natural Doberman's.
    I hadn't noticed that about Daisy's smaller ears before @Gelcoater. Cute!

• Like Like x 1
  7. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Ugh, I had Buddy step on the back of my flip flops one day too! Talk about stopped in your tracks! :groan:
    At least he's watching the right show! ;)

8. MischasMomma

MischasMomma Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

There's so many things mischa does that I'll say "oh I remember Gretchen doing that!" (Gretchen was my parents last dobe that I lived with growing up) but I never associated any as a doberman thing. I call her my velcro because I cannot go ANYWHERE without her following! She can be sound asleep on the couch but she jumps up the second my feet hit the floor. She absolutely hates the rain. She has started peeing in the carport as we walk to the yard in the hopes I won't make her go out in the rain if she already did her business.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. MischasMomma

MischasMomma Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

[​IMG]

The paw on the hand while playing tug. Is it just my dobies? But every one I've interacted with have done this...

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. Oh Little Oji

Can't say I've had that specific thing much, but I do know my current pup is what I call "paw oriented." He is all about putting paws on people. This certainly includes when playing tug. Only thing is we've banished the behavior for the sake of livability with this little maniac. Also, I can say I've seen lots and lots of Dobermans when hitting a bite sleeve come in with paws out front and they land them on the helper.

11. Jazzycan

Jazzycan Notable member

Gosh Kato does most of the above also.. Although instead of sucking a blanket etc.. he chews up anything that is material.. our underwear, socks, rags, dishtowels and the list goes on and on.. the only difference now he gives it to us when we say leave it.. before he would run for us to chase him. He also eats anything he finds and that to me is dangerous, so we have to watch him.. which is why he slept in a crate, now he has a much bigger and softer bed..:potherwise we let him sleep without one after a thorough sweep of the house, which includes putting coffee table on couch/yep he has chewed that before too..lol (thank goodness it was an old one) Anyhow he loves to sit in front of you and give his paw (always for attention) if that does not work, he barks at us. Thing is he barks too too much and well its getting a bit better now. He loves everyone but won't approach them unless we say its ok .. He is getting so mature hahaha! well sometimes. Nuff said or I would take up all the room in here lol.

12. Jessiesmom

Jessiesmom New Member

mine does this in the pool even funnier but yes a dobie thing lol

• Like Like x 2
  13. AresMyDobie

AresMyDobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I don't know if this is a dobie thing but my guy likes to "help" me with the chores lol so today I decided to clean the bedroom and make it nice and fresh of course my little helper there by my side the whole time:rolleyes:
    Lol so I'm taking the sheets off to toss them into the laundry I start to dust I now notice my dust rag has disappeared and so has my helper.... So much for that dust rag... It's in pieces and I'm cracking up because I get this face of it's ok I have destroyed it were safe now... Then ding the dryer goes off later and I'm making the bed well on the other side of the bed he's unmaking my bed. I told him he's doing it wrong but he insisted the bed sheets look better on the floor this went on till I got him something else to do:wacky: needless to say cleaning one room took much longer then needed but we had fun together at least chores have become much more exciting:dobe: Anyone elses like to "help"?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Oh Little Oji

Wow! I certainly don't have the patience for that kind of help. I do know that when I change the sheets on the bed, I'd better have the door closed or someone will think they've been gifted with a very special new bed in the form of the bedding on the floor. I captured this and posted it to the "random photo of the day" thread, I believe.

15. Gretchen_Red

Gretchen_Red Hot Topics Subscriber

Gretchen follows me everywhere that's for sure!

• Like Like x 1
  16. AresMyDobie

Hahahaha I know most people wouldn't but he's my fur child and its next to impossible for me to get mad at him lol the hubster thinks I'm ridiculous but I'm much more patient then he is. I'm sure you can understand the annoyance yet the cuteness of the so called "help" he offers because you have a kid who probably "helps" you lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Gifted! LOL! Oh, I've had that too. ;) Especially if I throw the quilt on the floor and leave it while the sheets wash. :rolleyes: I can come back to a very comfy Doberman curled up! "Hey, I didn't put that down there for you!" :tap:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. AresMyDobie

Here's our adventure for today ! Well today since the fiancé is at work and I was bored I decided hey why not go to petco with Ares. We get into the store and he seems very excited ears perked and he has his happy dobie smile as we go down the aisles. I wanted to get him a new collar which I did it's red and he looks very handsome in it. We went down the toy aisle and he always picks out a toy that I have to get him cuz it's just to hard to resist that sweet face. I was wondering if this is a dobie thing? He also met his first kid today and he loves kids couldn't get enough of this little boy it was adorable. He let him pet him and gave him a treat it was really cute. After the kid had to go and he was sad about it he even tried to look for him in the store hahaha so after that I let him pick out a couple of chews and all in all it was a great day and he was such a gentleman :)
    Here he is showing off his fancy new red collar :) handsome boy :)
    image.jpg
    And can you say spoiled ????!!!!
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  19. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

We encourage our guys to shop for themselves. They don't get to go shopping so when it is a birthday or something we tell them to get what they want. Last time we went out Spock grabbed a Fluff & Tuff bear off the shelf and started to walk away with it. It was so cute I couldn't tell him no. I meant to get him one, anyway but I hadn't planned on going that big/expensive, ha ha.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. AresMyDobie

Hahahahhaha I know I can't help it either it's to cute !